You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Senior Tory found dead in Glastonbury portaloo

Section_31

You'll wait all your life and never read a more amusing headline.

Glastonbury Death: Man Found Dead In Portable Toilet In VIP Area At Festival, Police Confirm | UK News | Sky News

A key member of Prime Minister David Cameron's constituency team has been found dead in a portable toilet in the backstage area of the Glastonbury festival.

Police sealed off part of the VIP area after the discovery

Christopher Shale, chairman of West Oxfordshire Conservative Association, was discovered by officers shortly after 9am today, Avon and Somerset Police said.

Mr Shale helps run Mr Cameron's Witney constituency office and is in his 50s.

Sources believe he suffered a heart attack.

A distraught woman, staying in the backstage area between the Pyramid and Other stages, was seen being comforted by officers this morning.

Detectives have yet to establish the cause of his death, a source said.

A police cordon, guarded by at least eight officers, was put up around the backstage shower and toilet area.

Coldplay headlined the festival on Saturday night

The camping area where festival production teams and some performers stay was also blocked off.

A host of celebrities were staying within the cordoned off area. Wayne and Coleen Rooney were understood to have been camping in a nearby luxury RV.

Revellers reacted with shock at the news of the man's death.

Tom Waite, 35, from Cheddar, was among those staying in the VIP area. He said: "It's just awful for his family."

Security has been heightened in the area for the arrival of American megastar Beyonce, who will bring the music extravaganza to a close.

Pulp made a surprise appearance on the Park Stage

Sources confirmed the American singer required tighter security than was planned for U2 and Coldplay.

Queens of the Stone Age, Plan B and Paul Simon also feature on the bill as the festival ends.

Coldplay had their third headline outing on the Pyramid Stage on Saturday night, and yesterday also saw the return of Pulp to Worthy Farm in a surprise set at the Park Stage.

After three days of relentless rain, revellers at the sodden 900-acre site have been soaking up the sunshine with temperatures set to exceed 25C on Sunday.

I'm not sure what is more embarrassing - dying on a portaloo, or being a Troy in your 50's and trying to mingle at Glastonbury. That smacks of Alastair Campbell's trip to a Britney Spears concert.

You're only going to get away with going to Glastonbury when you're over 50 if you look like Sean Connery in Medicine Man.

OneClickMoviez_Com-Medicine_20Man_avi_snapshot_00_50_08_2010_09_02_03_17_36.jpg

Reuters have Michael Eavis saying it was a suicide. I know the shitters are bad news at Glasto but I wouldn't have thought the VIP area would be that bad.

PILTON, England | Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:49pm BST

PILTON, England (Reuters) - A member of the Conservative Party has died at the Glastonbury music festival, the festival's founder Michael Eavis said on Sunday.

Prime Minister David Cameron paid tribute to Christopher Shale, chairman of West Oxfordshire Conservative Association and a friend of Cameron and his wife Samantha.

"Sam and I were devastated to hear the news about Christopher," he said in a statement.

"He was a great friend and has been a huge support over the last decade in west Oxfordshire. A big rock in my life has suddenly been rolled away."

Eavis told reporters that while the cause of death was not confirmed, he understood it to be a suicide.

"It is a personal situation and it looks like suicide at the moment," Eavis said on the last day of the Glastonbury music festival, which is held most years on his Worthy Farm.

Inspector Chris Morgan of Avon and Somerset Police said they were still trying to establish the cause of death.

The man was found in a portable toilet in a backstage area where the upmarket accommodation is located.

Link

"A host of celebrities were staying within the cordoned off area. Wayne and Coleen Rooney were understood to have been camping in a nearby luxury RV."

Another little part of me just died when I read that. Oxygen thieving cunts the pair of them. Also, not related in any way to the story, merely a chance for Sky to plaster his name about. Again. I seriously want that cunt to suffer a career ending injury just so we can stop having him rammed down our throats at every opportunity. Perhaps he could even die. Maybe. Someone asked me last night what I'd think if Chris Moyles was killed in a car crash. My answer was "nothing". I wouldn't think anything. I just wouldn't particularly care and I feel pretty much the same about that hair transplanted, overrated, granny shagging, potato-faced inbred. Just fuck off and die or something and stop me from seeing your rancid, chavvy little name everywhere.

"A host of celebrities were staying within the cordoned off area. Wayne and Coleen Rooney were understood to have been camping in a nearby luxury RV."

Another little part of me just died when I read that. Oxygen thieving cunts the pair of them. Also, not related in any way to the story, merely a chance for Sky to plaster his name about. Again. I seriously want that cunt to suffer a career ending injury just so we can stop having him rammed down our throats at every opportunity. Perhaps he could even die. Maybe. Someone asked me last night what I'd think if Chris Moyles was killed in a car crash. My answer was "nothing". I wouldn't think anything. I just wouldn't particularly care and I feel pretty much the same about that hair transplanted, overrated, granny shagging, potato-faced inbred. Just fuck off and die or something and stop me from seeing your rancid, chavvy little name everywhere.

Simply beautiful.

I can FEEL your anger.

1270947208437.jpg

I often get accused of being a moaner, but the sad fact of the matter is there's a lot to moan about. If 99.9% of popular culture, politics, and indeed people weren't shit - there wouldn't be a problem.

There are times when I feel your distain for parts of society is misguided.

Bur this is one time I cannot argue with your point of view.

I often get accused of being a moaner, but the sad fact of the matter is there's a lot to moan about. If 99.9% of popular culture, politics, and indeed people weren't shit - there wouldn't be a problem.

[YOUTUBE]O-MqIIoc5r0[/YOUTUBE]

Just as I posted that I switched over to catch erstwhile X Factor fruit Joe McElderry murdering Nessun Dorma on 'pop star to opera star' and receiving a standing ovation.

I just had to look at that on youtube.

Fuck me murdering it doesnt do it justice.The fuck needs to wait for his balls to drop to try andsing that song.The cunt judging him looks like a Rowan Atkinson character.Pavarotti must be spinning in his grave.

Just as I posted that I switched over to catch erstwhile X Factor fruit Joe McElderry murdering Nessun Dorma on 'pop star to opera star' and receiving a standing ovation.

Laughing my head off. Someone rep this man, I cant as I must have done so recently.

Silverlining doesn't want to let sleeping dogs lie (¬¬) and feels it appropriate to keep negging me with tiresome jibes about dogsex and adding tags to threads.

I haven't tagged this thread, or indeed the one about Dave's Dinner, or the "Bell Or Bellend" one or actually any of the numerous recently added dog-fucking tags.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I think some other people find it amusing also.