You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Haye v Klitschko - Poll and Fight Thread

Red Banjo

And the winner is....  

60 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is....

• Haye by KO
    • Haye on Points
    • Klitschko by KO
    • Klitschko on Points
    • Draw

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never had the attitude,if he english/british we should back him.I dont get the attitude,all seems a like the lttle englander mentality to me.By that logic you should be behind all the british sides in a sport not talked about on this forum.

Why would i want Hatton to beat Paquiao or Mayweather when they fought?

I never liked Hatton or the hype train around him.

Its the same with any sport for me,i watch sport for excitement and too hopefully watch greatness.

Nigel Mansell-Ayrton Senna

Naseem Hamed-M.A Barrerra

I backed the the foriegner each time

I do want Haye to win but he doesnt have the same appeal to me off other boxers.

Haye's neck looks a bit skinny, I just think he's beaten whatever way you look at it, too small, too weak, not enough experience, Wlad in 8.

I was watching the preview last night and it really struck me how thin Haye's neck was when he was down a division as opposed to now - he's got the neck of a rhinoceros at the minute.

Guest ShoePiss
i have never had the attitude,if he english/british we should back him.I dont get the attitude,all seems a like the lttle englander mentality to me.By that logic you should be behind all the british sides in a sport not talked about on this forum.

Why would i want Hatton to beat Paquiao or Mayweather when they fought?

I never liked Hatton or the hype train around him.

Its the same with any sport for me,i watch sport for excitement and too hopefully watch greatness.

Nigel Mansell-Ayrton Senna

Naseem Hamed-M.A Barrerra

I backed the the foriegner each time

I do want Haye to win but he doesnt have the same appeal to me off other boxers.

I think 'little Englander' is way over the top considering the connotation of that particular label, there's absolutely nothing wrong with supporting a fellow countryman.

I loved Mansell and Senna at different times, I was a big Williams fan and hated Ferrari. I liked a lot of things about Williams and them being English was one of them.

I also wanted Hatton to beat both of those boxers but knew he wouldn't, I love Manny, shame he's not English as that would be superb.

Your logic is fucked by the way, football is a completely different kettle of fish, why would I support our competitors?

Your right there is nothing wrong with supporting somebody because they were born in the same country, but its also not a reason you should be expected to support them.

No offensive ment by the little englander comment by the way.

Those English fans at the weigh in chanting "oo are ya" at Wlad made me cringe.

On a positive note, does anyone else feel like cup final day?

Such has my love for Boxing grown these past few years, this is almost as big as a big Liverpool game for me.

I`m going for a Haye stoppage. I think he will come out fast and use his speed to try and frustrate Wlad. I have a feeling that Haye will have to get up from the canvas to win but I just think that he will outwork him and either KO or TKO him by the 8th.

Wouldn't be confident enough to bet on it, but that's the way I see it, too.

Those English fans at the weigh in chanting "oo are ya" at Wlad made me cringe.

On a positive note, does anyone else feel like cup final day?

Such has my love for Boxing grown these past few years, this is almost as big as a big Liverpool game for me.

The sporting event of the year - primarily because of big bad David Haye and all those terrible evil things he keep saying - and I can't wait. Two big punching fighters with good corners but questionable chins and stamina problems warring to see just who the man really is. I prefer featherweight - welterweight(that's always where the sustained action and genuine technique can be found) but there is something transcendent about a Heavyweight title fight.

Hope we don't get let down.

I've been changing my mind on this all week. It really is intriguing and so hard to call, in my opinion.

I think Haye has an excellent chance, I think Booth willl have been working on a game plan for this fight for 2-3 years. It is far easier for Booth and Haye's team to know what to expect from Wlad than it is for Manny Stewart to know what to expect from Haye. This could give Haye an advantage, I reckon Haye will be able to adapt to anything different that Wlad might do too. Has Wlad even had to adapt in any of his last 10 fights?

Haye will give him something to think about, hopefully he is busier than he was against Valuev as he simply has to be to win. I think it will be more of a cagey affair, I hope I'm wrong but they will both be afraid of getting caught flush.

If Haye has a way of getting past Klitschko's jab, he will win. If not and Klitschko takes control, it will be a long night for Haye. Wladimir will wear him down and will be able to use all his advantages. Also, Klitschko is nowhere near as slow as some suggest, he also has impressive footwork. As everyone knows, Wlad's biggest fault is lack of aggression. Funnily enough, if he is more aggressive than usual, it could be his downfall tonight.

I hope Haye uses his speed advantage, lands a big shot early to test Wladimir's chin and rock him. Wladimir doesn't respond well when he is not in his comfort zone and in trouble and has a lack of heart, if Haye worries him with his power he will win.

Haye by KO in 10-12 or on points.

I've been changing my mind on this all week. It really is intriguing and so hard to call, in my opinion.

I think Haye has an excellent chance, I think Booth willl have been working on a game plan for this fight for 2-3 years. It is far easier for Booth and Haye's team to know what to expect from Wlad than it is for Manny Stewart to know what to expect from Haye. This could give Haye an advantage, I reckon Haye will be able to adapt to anything different that Wlad might do too. Has Wlad even had to adapt in any of his last 10 fights?

Haye will give him something to think about, hopefully he is busier than he was against Valuev as he simply has to be to win. I think it will be more of a cagey affair, I hope I'm wrong but they will both be afraid of getting caught flush.

If Haye has a way of getting past Klitschko's jab, he will win. If not and Klitschko takes control, it will be a long night for Haye. Wladimir will wear him down and will be able to use all his advantages. Also, Klitschko is nowhere near as slow as some suggest, he also has impressive footwork. As everyone knows, Wlad's biggest fault is lack of aggression. Funnily enough, if he is more aggressive than usual, it could be his downfall tonight.

I hope Haye uses his speed advantage, lands a big shot early to test Wladimir's chin and rock him. Wladimir doesn't respond well when he is not in his comfort zone and in trouble and has a lack of heart, if Haye worries him with his power he will win.

Haye by KO in 10-12 or on points.

He'll have to take a lot of punishment to get past it. The question is as a 30-year-old multi millionaire who "plans to retire", is he willing to take the necessary beating?

That shouldn't even be a question in a championship fight, but after the shameful shit we've seen in the past 8 or so months(culminating in a man impersonating Sugar Shane Mosley surrendering against Pacquiao) I think it's one worth posing.

Also can't believe you reckon someone could beat Klitschko on points(he's too skilled for that to happen, in my view) in Germany(it's fucking Germany).

He'll have to take a lot of punishment to get past it. The question is as a 30-year-old multi millionaire who "plans to retire", is he willing to take the necessary beating?

That shouldn't even be a question in a championship fight, but after the shameful shit we've seen in the past 8 or so months(culminating in a man impersonating Sugar Shane Mosley surrendering against Pacquiao) I think it's one worth posing.

Also can't believe you reckon someone could beat Klitschko on points(he's too skilled for that to happen, in my view) in Germany(it's fucking Germany).

You haven't been the first one to laugh at me for saying that, all my mates think it is hilarious. I just think Haye can outwork him and can win rounds clearly if his gameplan is good and he performs to the best of his ability.

As for your first point, it is a very valid one. There has been some disgraceful shows of cowardice in the last couple of years. Kermot Cintron and Audley Harrison spring to mind too. But, Haye has the weight of a nation (well some of it) on his shoulders, I believe he will do whatever it takes and that he does have heart as he showed against Mormeck.

Plus, I honestly cannot see Haye retiring this year. I don't think he'll fight on late, I believe he will get out of boxing early, but not now. If he wins tonight, he will be a superstar on both sides of the atlantic.

I just hope they are both not ultra cautious or it will turn into a Haye Valuev boreathon. Hope Haye jumps on him from the opening bell. If Haye is too cautious I think Klitschko will out jab him at long range and win comfortably on points or wear Haye down for a late stoppage.

Haye will retire, but that's exactly why he can't afford any shameful shit. He wants a good 5 year stint as the man returning from retirement to shake up the division (just a tactic to get the US interested surely) and lasting celebrity. Ultimately it's all part of the Haye business plan.

I'm fully behind David. He's not a cunt, he's a boxer talking smack. That idea is as odd as the guy at work who HATES Murray because he lacks charisma... I also find it odd that people always make out that this national nepotism is an English affliction. Every country favours their stars in general. I hear that Nadal is thought quite highly of in Spain and Schumacher is rarely pelted with rotten fruit in Germany...

Not sure why Haye is getting so much flak, I personally hope he knocks Wlad out cold. The Klitschko brothers have been dominating a boring HW division for years. Haye makes the heavyweight scene more interesting and him beating one of them would be good for boxing.

I hope Haye can win tonight, but think Wlad will probably have too much for him.

Guest TK-421

Haye will lose because that's what happens, the papers get all excited and start talking shit about British greatness and then Murray gets pummeled by a half fit Nadal. It is a foregone conclusion.

What I've found most hilarious in the build-up is the spin that it's only Klitschko who has risen by beating damage limitation has beens and tubby tomato can biffs.

What makes tonight intriguing for me is that Haye won't have faced anything like he'll be facing tonight and the same will apply for Wlad.

The trash talk has been a bit WWF for my liking. I don't detect a genuine animosity beyond that which we'd see in any meaningful title fight. It's been so cartoon and puerile from the Haye camp that I actually wonder at this stage is it a double bluff to try and make Wlad even more cautious than usual rather than more aggressive.

Regardless, it'll be hugely interesting.

Haye will lose because that's what happens, the papers get all excited and start talking shit about British greatness and then Murray gets pummeled by a half fit Nadal. It is a foregone conclusion.

39 unforced errors isn't getting pummeled, it's choking.