You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crazy statement by the Hearts directors ...

Hearts statement | Hearts News | Hearts News | News | Hearts | Hearts

The Hearts Board of Directors has issued the following statement in relation to outside influences on players and the club.

"What's happening with the club today is not a new thing. For almost 7 years we have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves. Many of the top players at the club have felt the bitter results of the swindles that have been carried out with them on their own skin. Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.

"Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov.

"Taking into account the facts that have been omitted by the media it can be presumed that each of these cases is not a coincidence, but the result of targeted actions of a mafia that wants to manipulate the club and the results.

"Every year Hearts fights to be in the top 3, but even last season in the last 12 games of the season it was almost like someone replaced the team with a different one. Whose fault is that? Players? Manager's? Or it is mafia.

"Stealing players, bad games, problems with the law - all of that on top of record SFA fines. Problems are just shifted to another level.

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles, and you don't need to do that. Each year we are forced to fight against these maniacs harder and harder. We are standing in their way not letting them manipulate the game of football in the way they want. As such they undermine us in every possible way they can.

"The task of the club is to tear these kids out of hands of criminals."

Crazy statement by the Hearts directors ...

Hearts statement | Hearts News | Hearts News | News | Hearts | Hearts

The Hearts Board of Directors has issued the following statement in relation to outside influences on players and the club.

"What's happening with the club today is not a new thing. For almost 7 years we have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves. Many of the top players at the club have felt the bitter results of the swindles that have been carried out with them on their own skin. Skacel and Webster have returned to the club after realising where these 'football patriots' have led them.

"Over a short space of time 4 players at our club have been on the wrong end of the law. We note that 3 of them are represented by the same agent - Gary Mackay - who has been so vicious in his attacks against Mr Romanov.

"Taking into account the facts that have been omitted by the media it can be presumed that each of these cases is not a coincidence, but the result of targeted actions of a mafia that wants to manipulate the club and the results.

"Every year Hearts fights to be in the top 3, but even last season in the last 12 games of the season it was almost like someone replaced the team with a different one. Whose fault is that? Players? Manager's? Or it is mafia.

"Stealing players, bad games, problems with the law - all of that on top of record SFA fines. Problems are just shifted to another level.

"Mafia are dragging kids into the crime, in order to blackmail and profit on them. It is not possible to separate these people from pedophiles, and you don't need to do that. Each year we are forced to fight against these maniacs harder and harder. We are standing in their way not letting them manipulate the game of football in the way they want. As such they undermine us in every possible way they can.

"The task of the club is to tear these kids out of hands of criminals."

Untouchables+1.jpg

Anyone else relishing the prospect of the genteel streets of Edinburgh being turned into 20's Chicago?

It gets stranger....

Craig Thomson to stay at Hearts

Published Date: 24 June 2011

By DAVID GUNN

Hearts confirmed today that defender Craig Thomson will remain at the club, depsite being convicted of inappropriate behaviour towards young girls.

Thomson was placed on the sex offenders register last week after pleading guilt to two charges of lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour towards young girls, aged 12 and 14.

The club today released an apology from Thomson, saying his actions wereADVERTISEMENT

the "result of a grave error of judgement due to naivety and possible wrong outside influence rather than anything sinister."

In a written apology, the player accused "individuals and organisations" of putting "extreme pressure" on the club despite not being "in full possession of the facts".

A statement from Hearts added they now considered the matter closed.

In the apology, released through the club's website, Thomson said:

"Firstly, I would like to apologise to all those involved in this unfortunate affair. I also want to apologise to my family, friends and the staff players and supporters of Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

"I was wrong for what I did and will, rightfully, accept my punishment for my errant conduct. I am fully aware that I have let everyone down and I am truly sorry for that.

"As I said previously, football is my life and I will focus on that. This has been a learning cruve for me. I personally make no excuses for what I did but I would like to thank the club for studying the entire circumstances around the matter.

"The club's investigation and full understanding into every aspect of my situation is something I am very grateful for. I am fully aware of the extreme pressure the club faced from individuals and organisations that were not in full possession of the facts surrounding my situation. I thank them for this understanding.

"My aim is to now move on and develop my career and I know that this will only happen with the support of my family, friends and the club. I also know how hard I will have to work to restore your faith in me as an individual and a footballer. I can assure you that I have no intention of letting you down."

A statement from Hearts added:

"The club views this matter very seriously and does not condone the behaviour of the player. Appropriate action to prevent any further development of unlawful activities has been taken.

"In reaching this decision, the club accepted that there are sufficient mitigating circumstances that provide significant assurance that the player's conduct, no matter how distasteful, was the result of a grave error of judgement due to naivety and possible wrong outside influence rather than anything more sinister and it will not be repeated."

BBC Sport - Hearts face SFA investigation over tirade

Hearts face SFA investigation over tirade

Page last updated at 12:40 GMT, Saturday, 25 June 2011 13:40 UK

BBC Scotland has learned that the Scottish Football Association is likely to examine an outburst from Hearts.

Club owner Vladimir Romanov has a history of eccentric rants.

The latest statement, attributed to the board of directors, says: "We have been fighting to shield the club from crooks, criminals and thieves.

"Stealing players, bad games, problems with the law - all of that on top of record SFA fines. Problems are just shifted to another level."

The statement was released shortly after the Edinburgh club had announced that they were standing by defender Craig Thomson following an internal investigation into his conviction for "lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour".

The 20-year-old full-back earlier this month pleaded guilty, was fined and placed on the sex offenders register in relation to his inappropriate conduct towards two under-age girls over the internet.

The statement added: "Every year Hearts fights to be in the top three, but even last season in the last 12 games of the season it was almost like someone replaced the team with a different one. Whose fault is that? Players? Manager's? Or it is mafia.

"Each year we are forced to fight against these maniacs harder and harder.

"We are standing in their way, not letting them manipulate the game of football in the way they want.

"As such they undermine us in every possible way they can."

Previous outbursts from Romanov have landed Hearts in disciplinary trouble and the Lithuanian-based Russian has more than once described the Scottish football authorities as "the mafia".

During the 2004-05 campaign, Hearts asked the SFA to investigate the "integrity of the decision" by officials to award a late penalty in a home loss to Rangers.

In October 2006, Hearts were fined £10,000 by the SFA for bringing the game into disrepute after further criticism of match officials.

And a £25,000 fine from the Scottish Premier League followed in February 2007 after accusations of the "buying off" of referees.

Earlier this month, Hearts were hit with a £100,000 penalty by the SFA's disciplinary committee for their poor on-field behaviour last season.

It is the seventh successive term that Hearts have been sanctioned and it is the highest-ever fine imposed on a club for indiscipline.

Hearts intend to contest the punishment, saying their disciplinary record has improved significantly.

A new judicial panel replaces the SFA's disciplinary committee and will be operational in time for the start of next season.

• 3 weeks later...

Vladamir 'I'll Stand Up To The World' Romanov caves in.

BBC Sport - Convicted defender Craig Thomson to leave Hearts

Convicted defender Craig Thomson to leave Hearts

By Brian McLauchlin

BBC Scotland

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has told convicted sex offender Craig Thomson he will not play for the Scottish Premier League club again.

The club had initially stood by the 20-year-old defender.

But they said on Sunday: "Craig Thomson will leave Heart of Midlothian Football Club imminently.

"The club has considered all implications and has decided to find a solution for the player to leave the club over the forthcoming days."

Thomson was convicted on 17 June at Edinburgh Sheriff Court after admitting to lewd and libidinous behaviour towards two girls aged 12 and 14.

He initially had been told that he would be able to resume his career, the final decision about his future having been left to Romanov.

Thomson resumed training with the club and issued an apology via Hearts' website.

However, after speaking to Thomson last week, Romanov had a change of heart and decided his time at Tynecastle is over.

Thomson was placed on the sex offenders register last month following his court case.

Hearts' backing for the Edinburgh-born player was criticised from various quarters, including supporters' groups, the Children's 1st charity and sponsors.

However, Thomson was then suspended by the club and Lothian and Borders Police subsequently released a statement saying that they were making enquiries into fresh allegations against the player.

The Scotland Under-21 right-back first broke into the Hearts first-team in August 2009 and was a regular feature in Jim Jefferies' side last season.

• 5 months later...

Hearts FC

Vladimir Romanov statement

"As soon as Hearts moved closer to the third spot the monkeys start to squeal, lie and create conspiracy plots.

I thought I had expressed myself clearly - I am selling the club and I am not going to give any more money away. It is pointless to support show business, not football. Hearts is now living out of its own budget.

Everyone knew, including players, media and SPL that the wages are going to be paid as soon as the money was received for Eggert Jonsson, who was sold last year. But media still tried to create conspiracy plots about the team and managed to get a prompt and unwise decision from the SPL meeting, which the club asked it to postpone until next week in order to get opportunity to pay the wages.

As such I have not cheated anyone. The monkeys tricked the SPL, fans and themselves and showed who is in charge of the football mafia. They will continue to cheat as this is their job.

I am used to their lies. I remember when the fight started between two people at the end of one of our AGMs and all the cameras were there as they were expecting it. Later that episode was covered by all major stations as backdrop of the AGM, trying to portray the club as a mess.

I feel sorry for the poor monkeys. Mowgli is asking to work for the publicity of the Old Firm, that's why they have to lie and tell tall stories.

But there is no future for Scottish football while these media monkeys are in charge. Not just for football, but for the whole country. When people tried to protest in the streets, media turned it into chaos, demonstrating masked instigators and hired gangsters in front of the cameras.

I have nothing to prove. Seven years ago I proved that there was no football, but only show business. When Kaunas threw Rangers out of the competition you switched your TV off to avoid embarrassment. Fear takes away the wisdom.

I am going to reiterate once again - I am not going to gift the club money anymore. The only thing left for the club to do is to develop its own youth and attempt to enlighten people who have been deceived and held as part of a stupid crowd by Mowgli.

The progress is there - Mowgli is under prosecution and in exile. But until they open a zoo for the monkeys and keep them in cages, they will keep jumping on people who are straightforward and not afraid to speak."

Vlad the Inhaler is blooming marvellous. Well done whoever tagged that.

He's been on the buckie yet again.

Cultural reference: Other substances maybe...buckie's the tipple of the west coast; not for the likes of the guid folk of Edinburgh. (smart arse. I know)

Cultural reference: Other substances maybe...buckie's the tipple of the west coast; not for the likes of the guid folk of Edinburgh. (smart arse. I know)

I know. I was looking for a bit of leeway with that one. Funnily enough, I've worked in both places, and I've had a buckie and champagne night out in Glasgie. It was horrible.

I know. I was looking for a bit of leeway with that one. Funnily enough, I've worked in both places, and I've had a buckie and champagne night out in Glasgie. It was horrible.

Was having a conversation in work the other day about the buckie drinking border between east and west...

Buckie and champagne. Quality