You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spirit of Shankly: Supporter Ownership / Investment

SoS are completely clueless and end of and the last email correspondence with FSG totally destroyed any cred they had with the owners, Absolutely clueless way to go about things

FSG have now created there own fans representation group.

Sos for the time being are an irrelevance

SoS are completely clueless and end of and the last email correspondence with FSG totally destroyed any cred they had with the owners, Absolutely clueless way to go about things

FSG have now created there own fans representation group.

Sos for the time being are an irrelevance

I think its fair to say that their ridiculously aggressive tone toward the new owners has scuppered any chance they had of getting what they want.

About time SoS called it a day, the only thing they will do is drive a wedge between the owners and the fans. FFS, these owners seem to be pretty decent, leave them the fuck alone and let them do what they do, ie: give Kenny funds for players, keep the club debt free and help it grow back to our expected level.

Don't fuck up what could be a great era for the club with your smart arse bully boy tactics, we have a voice, so shut yours off .

About time SoS called it a day, the only thing they will do is drive a wedge between the owners and the fans. FFS, these owners seem to be pretty decent, leave them the fuck alone and let them do what they do, ie: give Kenny funds for players, keep the club debt free and help it grow back to our expected level.

Don't fuck up what could be a great era for the club with your smart arse bully boy tactics, we have a voice, so shut yours off .

Just out of interest; what are you refering to as the voice that we have if its not SOS. or do you mean literally we all have our own individual voices?

Just out of interest; what are you refering to as the voice that we have if its not SOS. or do you mean literally we all have our own individual voices?

As individuals, as a collective and the supporters forum/representative that has been formed. We have several ways to speak out, we do not need aggressive Emails from solicitors and wannabe heroes to spoil what could be a great future. The new owners have saved our club from disaster and a terrible manager/set up, things are moving forwards, lets enjoy the ride and not start ripping the wheels off for a small groups personal ego boost.

After all, we wanted King Kenny at the helm, we got him. We wanted a transfer kitty, we got it. We also got a great eye for talent in Comolli, a fantastic number 2 in Steve Clarke. They are expanding our profile abroad. These are all good things, can SoS really offer more ?? I very much doubt it.

As individuals, as a collective and the supporters forum/representative that has been formed. We have several ways to speak out, we do not need aggressive Emails from solicitors and wannabe heroes to spoil what could be a great future. The new owners have saved our club from disaster and a terrible manager/set up, things are moving forwards, lets enjoy the ride and not start ripping the wheels off for a small groups personal ego boost.

After all, we wanted King Kenny at the helm, we got him. We wanted a transfer kitty, we got it. We also got a great eye for talent in Comolli, a fantastic number 2 in Steve Clarke. They are expanding our profile abroad. These are all good things, can SoS really offer more ?? I very much doubt it.

I personally have no problem with SOS (not a member myself through..).

Although everything is rosy at the mo regarding the ownership / the clubs future in general, i'd still back SOS to fundamentally have more of our interest at heart than FSG, who ultimately are here for a profit. I'd also say they are better placed to hold FSG to account than the 'supporters forum' which have been set up by the owners.

Pick battles you can win and in reallity they should just mothball their orginization until it has a reason to exist again.

They had a taste of power and influence and got ideas above their station and dont want to give it up but for now they dont matter

The supporters forum will not be there to hold the owners to account if the club starts spiralling towards the direction the previous owners took it. I can't see the issue with independent fans group. If the new owners act in the way they've claims they will, SOS will not be calling for them to go. However, why should they not aspire to fan ownership if they would like to see that. Nobody is forcing anybody to join. If it's not for you don't get involved.

SOS need to take a step back and take a look at where they are going, and why they are alienating a lot of the fans. Because strong and independent supporter's groups are necessary to hold the club to account if it acts in an untoward manner.

FSG can fuck off with their official supporters group. If they think that they can control the fans by building their own little rosy community, where they can feed their own propaganda, then they should be disabused of that idea. They should be judged on their actions, and the fans should stand to hold them to account, as they did with the previous incumbents.

I think FSG have so far conducted themselves well in their ownership, but of late I've detected an undercurrent about how they are dealing with the fans, which smacks of having their feet under the table and getting comfortable with how they interact with us. They need to understand that their actions will be scrutinised throughout their ownership, and that it won't be via a cosy little fan group they've set up themselves.

The supporters forum will not be there to hold the owners to account if the club starts spiralling towards the direction the previous owners took it. I can't see the issue with independent fans group. If the new owners act in the way they've claims they will, SOS will not be calling for them to go. However, why should they not aspire to fan ownership if they would like to see that. Nobody is forcing anybody to join. If it's not for you don't get involved.

A bit like the Palestinians trying to agree a peace settlement but still denying Israel's right to exist. Not the best way to engage with a party you hope to get concessions from

SOS need to take a step back and take a look at where they are going, and why they are alienating a lot of the fans. Because strong and independent supporter's groups are necessary to hold the club to account if it acts in an untoward manner.

FSG can fuck off with their official supporters group. If they think that they can control the fans by building their own little rosy community, where they can feed their own propaganda, then they should be disabused of that idea. They should be judged on their actions, and the fans should stand to hold them to account, as they did with the previous incumbents.

I think FSG have so far conducted themselves well in their ownership, but of late I've detected an undercurrent about how they are dealing with the fans, which smacks of having their feet under the table and getting comfortable with how they interact with us. They need to understand that their actions will be scrutinised throughout their ownership, and that it won't be via a cosy little fan group they've set up themselves.

If SoS had conducted themselves differently then maybe they would have been offered some form of representation and maybe their actions was the catalyst for their cosy fan group which they will turn into a huge success IMO

In reality there actions in their last exchange with FSG was like signing their own death warrant as FSG will now only ever pay lip service to SoS

Guest San Don

Wise words here. SOS need to tread very carefully or they will see many followers trickle away.

A bit like the Palestinians trying to agree a peace settlement but still denying Israel's right to exist. Not the best way to engage with a party you hope to get concessions from

Nick I can't even work out what you are talking about. This isn't the middle east. It's a football club. Having an independent fan group is a good thing - if SOS are positioned correctly is quite another matter, but the owners need to know we are not going to sit back and allow our club to be destroyed again. That doesn't mean we're fighting with them, it means we don't want to be fucked up the arse.

FSG will never have an issue with people interested in buying their asset. It can only strengthen their position. They're here to make money, and asset that is desirable and in demand will help achieve that.

Nick I can't even work out what you are talking about. This isn't the middle east. It's a football club. Having an independent fan group is a good thing - if SOS are positioned correctly is quite another matter, but the owners need to know we are not going to sit back and allow our club to be destroyed again. That doesn't mean we're fighting with them, it means we don't want to be fucked up the arse.

FSG will never have an issue with people interested in buying their asset. It can only strengthen their position. They're here to make money, and asset that is desirable and in demand will help achieve that.

In more simple terms for you, you cant have your stated goal of fan ownership and then expect the owners of the club (who dont want to selll their investment) to enter into any serious discussions with you. If Rogan Taylor can recognise this how thick are SoS

I am a member of SOS and the idea of an independant fan group such as SOS isn't a bad idea. What I am opposed to and the reason I will not be renewing my membership of SOS is the militant ways in which they go about their business.

SOS do seem to be getting ideas above their station in so much as they are starting to pick fights with the new owners when there is no need to. It just seems to stink of small man syndrome in so much as SOS are just trying to let the owners know that they aren't people you want to mess around with. The bit that really stinks though is the owners have done nothing to warrant the treatment or the attitude SOS have shown them.

If SOS are going to survive and not become an irritating minority who are ruining a harmonoiius relatiionship that we seem to have with our new owners then they need to stop with the bully boy tactics. SOS are in danger of becoming the real IRA of the LFC fan base. They could and will end up causing more problems than they sort out.