You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is the most irritating thing about Andre Villas Boas  

148 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most irritating thing about Andre Villas Boas

• His face
    • The media calling him Special One Mk II
    • The fact that he seems to have two surnames
    • His age

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I would take him in a heartbeat. I'm hoping that the mention of Martinez et al. is part of some kind of elaborate psyop designed to make us all more receptive to what would previously have been an underwhelming appointment.

I just don't get the avb thing, he's had one good season where he won the league with a team that would have won it anyway and did so after he left then he went to Chelsea and fucked it up badly. Why the clamour to have this useless ginger squatting cunt?

That was my first thought if i'm honest but then again he isn't Martinez or Rodgers!

Guest ShoePiss
I just don't get the avb thing, he's had one good season where he won the league with a team that would have won it anyway and did so after he left then he went to Chelsea and fucked it up badly. Why the clamour to have this useless ginger squatting cunt?

He's the next mourihno, well he was last year apparently.

Hes shite. Ancelotti won the double and came second in the 2 previous seasons.

I think it's unfair to hold the Chelsea debacle against him, but he does seem to have an awful lot of support for a very thin CV.

He strikes me as the kind of guy our board would go for.

His 'stats' at Porto were Amazing, although whether It was more down to him or the fantastic players he had at Porto remains to be seen.

From his point of view his next career move is crucial. I think most people can see that trying to break the Terry, Frank, Drogba love in at Chelsea, was always going to be difficult, and he went about it all wrong. If He flops again at his next club though, his Porto success will look like a blip, rather than his Chelsea failings.

Considering where we are, and what we are aiming to achieve, I think we will be a far too risky move for AVB.

He behaved like an arrogant little shit when he arrived in England, but by the end of his Chelsea tenure I think he'd realised his behaviour was out of order and he was much more humble. As much as I love Rafa and would happily see him back in the hot seat, after all the shit of the last few years I think Villas Boas would be a clean break with the past, and would be a manager who we could unite behind and who would do well, and so I hope he's appointed.

As for Martinez, nice guy, but I just don't see what he would bring to the table. His record only causes me concern.

• 3 months later...