You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thierry Henry receives Red Card for "Violent" Conduct

Funkasy

Guest ShoePiss

I was at the game, stupid red card. MLS referees are terrible from what I've seen this season, I was hoping for an improvement on the lower league I was watching the Timbers in but it's not much better than that.

Cant help but think the referee acted that way because it was Henry,He will be the official who sent off ,one of the biggest names in the Mls if not the biggest name he will be on Oprah,the letterman show and ricki lake next week.I've watched quite a bit of the MLS this season mainly down to it being on espn,and its a lot better than i thought it would be skill,tactics wise but the one thing thats stood out is how bad the officials are,they have turned some of the games into non-contact,little shoulder barge's become free kicks often followed by yellow cards for a 2nd offence,I think it was john Harkes commentating the other day even he said the officials were ruining the game for the u.s fans saying they are trying to attract fans to games but while the ref's are this bad people lose interest and dont bother.

I am convinced he pulled his hair, good enough for the prick.

Suarez was punished for his handball, sent off and a penalty, what happened to Henry for his handball, oh thats right he went to the world cup, hope that clears up any intrigue.

I am convinced he pulled his hair, good enough for the prick.

Suarez was punished for his handball, sent off and a penalty, what happened to Henry for his handball, oh thats right he went to the world cup, hope that clears up any intrigue.

Erm, no actually, it really doesnt.

So you're annoyed at Henry because the Ref in the France/Ireland game wasnt as good as the ref in the Uruguay/Ghana game?

Surely you should be angry at the officials? Or maybe im just being too rational and level headed.

I actually think the ref got this right. Henry clearly tugs at the guys hair. You can see it in the replay, just before he was pushed. It's difficult to label it as violent conduct, but you have to punish this for being a real shithouse move. You can't allow hair pulling to escape a red card.

I'm with Manics in actually liking Henry. Class player in his day, and always spoke very highly of us. The refs may be shit across the pond, but this is one you can't blame them for.

Two questions;

1) Why do you think hes a prick? Is it because of the handball against Ireland?

if the answer is yes,

2) Why don't you share the same view of Suarez?

if the answer is no,

i'm genuinely intrigued cause i've always liked him myself!

Not speaking for Robbie but personally;

1) Yes

2) I'm not Ghanaian.

It's football, reason doesn't come into it. Suarez played some dazzling football for us since January therefor he's a top guy. If he had signed for Spurs at the time he'd now be a bucktooth cunt.

A few weeks ago Phil Jones was an interesting prospect, zero games later he's overrated and a cunt. Jordan Henderson used to be an anonymous youngster at a midtable side, now he's going to captain England, he's going to win the World Cup with England. Unless some dirty, cheating, oh look at me I'm too tres fuckin chic for my shirt, French surrender monkey throws a strop at not being allowed win and decides he's too important to follow the same rules and who gives a shit about the poor little children in tears at the shattering of their illusion that there is justice in this spiteful world.

Henry used to be the most classy act in the game until that instantaneous instinct reaction. He is now a prick and will have to remain one. Sorry Thierry, that's just how it goes, you cunt.

Two questions;

1) Why do you think hes a prick? Is it because of the handball against Ireland?

if the answer is yes,

2) Why don't you share the same view of Suarez?

if the answer is no,

i'm genuinely intrigued cause i've always liked him myself!

Of course

And as JimMM said above Im not from Ghana, it didnt effect me, I didnt care Ghana beaten. Thierry Henry robbed me the chance of seeing my country in a World Cup.

Plus, They are two different situations. Suarez (and Neville in the derby in 07) were on ther goal line, it was a gut instinct, nearly everybody handballs in that situation. How many times do you see people do what Henry done? And stick their hands out when its going out for a goal kick? Totally different.

And not to mention his antics when he sat down beside Dunne at the end (And Suarez was a bit of a dick for celebrating too)

Plus, They are two different situations. Suarez (and Neville in the derby in 07) were on ther goal line, it was a gut instinct, nearly everybody handballs in that situation. How many times do you see people do what Henry done? And stick their hands out when its going out for a goal kick? Totally different.

Was it bollocks.

What Henry did was every bit as instinctive.

You tatty munchers need to get over yourselves. Fuck me, so he handled the ball. Cry me a fucking river. You would've been shit in the World Cup anyway, not as shit as them right enough, but shit all the same.

If that was me and the ball was about to go out, my hand would go towards it. What did he have to lose? Get a yellow card if the ref notices?

The ball bounced up and hit his hand for the first one, then about three inches later Henry taps the ball, and if McShane wasn't so utterly woeful he would have got to it instead.

Get over it.

Guest ShoePiss

Ireland weren't good enough to beat France anyway, Henry played a part but so did the Ireland team.

Henry was scapegoat, one that FAI jumped all over too.

I like Thierry.

Was pissed off at that hand ball at the time as I have a bit of Irish in me and wanted to see them in the world cup, but I do believe it was instinctive and shit happens, the Suarez comparisons are completely valid in my opinion, I like them both.

What a quality player, anyway.

Best player of the premiership era*. Little surprise arsenal have won fuck all since he left. As others have said his handball was no different to Suarez's for me, I didn't care at the time and I still don't.

*Gianfranco Zola close second for me.