You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next season's ticketting arrangements announced

Champ

Thoughts, anybody?

Have just seen on the official site the dates of release of tickets for home games next season up to Christmas. Am an amateur so have still to investigate how to post the link....

From a selfish point of view I am going to be away that week so will have to think about how I am going to apply in the first place but also seriously wonder how a system that has barely been able to cope with the volume of demand for single games will be able to cope with applications for eleven games at one go.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears to be the case that one has to buy many tickets at once to go to some of the games, I do wonder how this will go down with fans.

Official Members' tickets update - Liverpool FC

Following the release of the 2011/2012 fixtures on Friday, Liverpool Football Club would like to confirm the LFC Official Members' Ticket Sale process for Barclays Premier League home fixtures due to be played before December 31st 2011.

Please note - in order to buy tickets in this period, supporters are reminded that they will need to renew/purchase their membership by Thursday 7th July.

Not already a member? Buy Now>>

Monday 11th July

Supporters who attended (and have recorded on their members' card) a minimum number of games during 2010/11 (to be published shortly) will have priority access to 50% of the members' tickets for the following fixtures:

Category A & B - Sunderland, Bolton Wanderers, Manchester United*, Norwich City, Manchester City, QPR, Blackburn Rovers and Newcastle United.

Supporters buying tickets during this part of the sale will be guaranteed a ticket for each match.

*All tickets for our fixture against Manchester United are sold based on previous attendance in season 2010 / 2011.

Tuesday 12th July & Wednesday 13th July

All members' tickets for the following games will be sold strictly on a first come first serve basis and will be available to ALL members whilst stocks last:

Category C - Wolverhampton Wanderers, Swansea City.

Thursday 14th July

All remaining tickets for the following games will be sold strictly on a first come first serve basis and will be available to ALL members whilst stocks last:

Category B - Sunderland, Bolton Wanderers, Norwich City, QPR, Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle United.

Friday 15th July

All remaining tickets for the following games will be sold strictly on a first come first serve basis and will be available to ALL members whilst stocks last:

Category A - Manchester United*, Manchester City.

*All tickets for our fixture against Manchester United are sold based on previous attendance in season 2010 / 2011.

Monday 18th July

Any remaining tickets for games due to be played before December 31st 2011 will be made available to ALL members whilst stocks last.

Fixtures will then remain on sale to ALL members until 21 days before the game or until the game sells out, whichever comes first.

Tickets may become available due to refunds/returns after the game has been confirmed as sold out so we would encourage members to check Home - Liverpool FC on a regular basis if they require tickets.

A second Members' Sale period will be announced in November for all remaining Barclays Premier League home fixtures due to be played after 1 January 2012

Why is Norwich and QPR category B games while Wolves and Swansea are C?

I`m not sure I like this at all to be honest, but if I have enough games on my card from last season I`ll buy for every game so expect there to be a few spares flying around since not everyone will be able to go every game.

Its also going to be difficult for some people to afford all games at once.

It's clearly designed to prevent people who go to nearly all the games doing so next year. Stump it all up or pick and choose. Bizarre way of ticketing the games.

I agree completely, really cant see the idea behind it all.

Saving costs at the ticket office maybe, but then why remove the stupid booking fee since its already there.

supporters who attended (and recorded on their members card), does this mean if i wasnt a member last season but bought a few home games on my fan card in late availability sale that thats no good to me ? or should it say members/fan card

When you sign up for the membership you can link a fancard so you should be alright...

Look's like July 11th will be a day off work hitting F5 as the sale page continually crashes.

That will depend how many games from last season you need on your card to buy them the first day I guess.

I have a feeling they might miscalculate the demand here, last season they did the same kind of thing towards the end of the season and the tickets did not actually sell out on the first day so they might think this is the way forward.

im gonna go for easier in terms of getting hold of them but harder in terms of getting all you'd want, I cant do it all up front but i figure a lot of people will be in the same boat meaning it may be easier to get the few I can afford

I dunno, its all a bit confusing

Not liking this method to be honest, going to be very hard to stump up hundreds of pounds in one go for many fans including myself. The ticket office definitely needed sorting but I'm not sure this is the way to go about it.

I assume the sale of away tickets are staying the same next season?

I can see myself ending up with nothing. Like I said, I'm going to be away that week so dont know if I'll have internet access and if not am going to have to ask someone else to sit, possibly for hours, and try and work the system out for me.

I don't like it.

What do we reckon, is this easier or harder?

Coming over from Ireland it's a right pain. I spent Friday booking up a load of hotels, that half will most probably be cancelled when Sky fuck up the fixtures.

Not knowing work schedule's in advance doesn't help either. It's a case of buying up the games or risk missing out though. It would have been nice to have been told these ticket plans 6 months ago instead of 3 or 4 weeks back.

The plus points are it's just 2 days a season of phone/laptop abuse instead of every couple of weeks, wont miss that! errr..that's it really.

That will depend how many games from last season you need on your card to buy them the first day I guess.

I have a feeling they might miscalculate the demand here, last season they did the same kind of thing towards the end of the season and the tickets did not actually sell out on the first day so they might think this is the way forward.

I have 4 cards linked with mine all full. So no probs there.:smile:

I reckon a lot more people will be subscribing to the LFC website to watch the games this year. How do I even know if I'll qualify for buying tickets in bulk?

When they announce how many games from last season you need on your members card.

Sorry to state the obvious but this will surely play into the hands of those people who can have afford to buy in bulk. Many of us average fans who like to buy a match ticket 1-2 weeks before the match now have even less chance of doing so. Touts and ticket agencies will be all over this system likes flies round milan jovanavic.

Supporters clubs may find this a better system for them as instead of regular scrabbles for tickets they can book up blocks of seats way in advance whilst using members subs to pay for it. These are typically the groups of fans targetted by the club as they have higher spends per head (or whatever the right word is) than the old school type of fan.

I can also see how they may feel it is good indicator of demand for season tickets as it is effectively encouraging fans to buy 2 half season tickets. I get the distinct feeling that there will be no major announcement on the stadium situation for the foreseeable future whilst this process is analysed over the first half of the season.

I'm pretty sure it will be a financial success as Ian Ayre and co. since being involved in LFC have proven to be pretty damn smart in increasing our revenues. I'm just more than a bit afraid that our "hardcore support" may be squeezed further and further out of Anfield.

"any spares?"

i'm a season ticket holder so i'm lucky this wont be a problem for me.but are you sure you have to pay everything up front or do you just have to commit to all games, but the money will be taken out of your bank or credit card a few weeks before each game?