You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Happy Fathers Day!

melons

To you lovely wonderful fathers on the forum.

Hope you all have a wonderful day with your (or without and enjoying the peace and quiet) families.

x

PS, i hope you've all been woken up early with a semi boiled egg, warm bread with enough butter to clog your arteries, cereal with too much milk and the tepid tea that us mums endure!

Guest davelfc

Off out with my tribe later, I might even get a cup of tea later this afternoon. I'm not holding out too much hope, two of them are teenagers.

Never really been one for fathers' day, mainly because I never had a dad I cared about. My granddad was my 'dad' really in all the ways that matter so I took a potted flower down to his plaque in the crem yesterday. Even if he was alive though he'd have thought it was daft. Can't imagine most dads giving a shite.

Just saw this posted by a girl on facebook:

"happy fathers day to the most wonderful dad i know hu sadly cnt be here with us today i love and miss u loads as do ur grandkids thinking of u not just today but always G.N.G.B G.B.N.F. XxXxXx"

Pretty sure the dead can't facebook...

Also, what the fuck is G.B.N.F?

yeah the facebook fathers day shit is getting right on my tits. Happy fathers day to the best pops ever, I've changed my profile pic in your honour, even though you're 72 and probably think social networking is a polite name for prostitution.

I was thinking of changing my profile pic to a scan of my birth certificate which has a line through Name of Father, posting a link to Ian Dury's There aint half been some clever bastards and a status which reads Happy Fuckin Father's day.

Not bonkers on it but will enjoy the day with my family. Already had breakfast made by 2 youngest. French toast, bacon, sausage and mushrooms.

Some funny cards, of which most seem to refer to me drinking beer or mocking my golf game. Loads of chocolate. 3 boxes of beer.

Will be off to somewhere later for dinner. Under no illusions who will be paying though. Don't mind. Good day allround for me today.

Well I've had a great day so far: pressies and cards in bed with a cup of tea followed by a bacon and tomato butty with English mustard and Tommy K washed down with a cup of coffee all accompanied by the paper and Gilles Peterson on the iPad. Then a stupidly hot bath with a book and I'm now pottering about on the PC ripping my new CD and linking tunes to the Beats and Pieces thread.

We've got my parents, the in-laws, my sister and her family and my other sister all coming round in a bit for lunch (big, fuck off 3.5kg piece of beef) but before that, me and the Boy Wonder are going out on the bikes for a bit.

Pressies were ace, too: It's The Motherfucking Remix Vol 3 CD from The Rub, The Fry Chronicles book, the Geoff Twentyman book, a Christopher Hitchens autobiography, a book of LFC kits past and present and, best of all, a mug with loads of photos of the family on and "We Love You Dad" written on the side.

Sorry if everyone else isn't have a good 'un, but my Father's Day is fucking ace.

I had a great day. Got a stunt kite which we went to the beach with all morning, a pair of cycling shoes, a mug with you are my hero on, a 4 pack of Guinness, a bottle of Chianti and a massive chunk of pork which is roasting away as we speak. A posh restaurant brekie and a couple of cheeky pints. Plus it's only 4 o'clock.

Woken up to a bag of cider. 3 bottles to be exact, seem to recall them being 3 for 2 in tescos. Some chocolate and some sweets. Then went for a walk round the woods with some breakfast along the way.

All the kids and the Mrs have been asleep this afternoon so I have drank cider and watched the cricket

Rather than getting my dad a load of presents, I decided to go out and spend the day with him. Don't see him that often so we went out for a drive and a spot of lunch. More meaningful than presents, I reckon.

Who paid?