You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which legends should come back to the club

RoyHodgeGone

I know there's a danger in being nostalgic and there's no going back to the bootroom era but would you like to see any other legends back at the club other than Kenny? A few suggestions:

Ian Rush - Legend of a player, always thought he and Kenny were close

Roy Evans - don't know where he'd fit in, but one of our great servants

John Barnes - what's he up to now? Is he still on the tv channel? Should be utilised by the club in some way

Thommo - maybe he enjoys his media work too much and I wasn't always his biggest fan, but he lives and breathes the club.

Ronnie Whelan - Great servant and seems to talk sense as a pundit.

Kevin Keegan - I honestly can't really think of a suitable role but I imagine he'd be good working with some of the kids.

Obviously wouldn't bother with Lawrenson and Jocky.

Ian Rush - Works for LFC. Ambassadorial stuff like drawing in big crowds for press conferences in Korea and such.

Roy Evans - Does a bit of commentating work on .tv I believe. Has the look of a fella in his 60s who doesn't need the hassle

John Barnes - Nothing about his post playing career suggests he should do anything other than go on telly and be John Barnes

Thommo - "maybe he enjoys his media work too much" is right. Kenny has known him long enough to know if he could do anything else.

Ronnie Whelan - Is a manc, a twat and talks shit in many people's opinion including mine.

Kevin Keegan - Is a loon and probably a bad influence on children.

We're pretty well covered for backroom staff and there's no point rocking the boat by trying to squeeze more names in just because they're names.

Ian Rush - Works for LFC. Ambassadorial stuff like drawing in big crowds for press conferences in Korea and such.

Roy Evans - Does a bit of commentating work on .tv I believe. Has the look of a fella in his 60s who doesn't need the hassle

John Barnes - Nothing about his post playing career suggests he should do anything other than go on telly and be John Barnes

Thommo - "maybe he enjoys his media work too much" is right. Kenny has known him long enough to know if he could do anything else.

Ronnie Whelan - Is a manc, a twat and talks shit in many people's opinion including mine.

Kevin Keegan - Is a loon and probably a bad influence on children.

We're pretty well covered for backroom staff and there's no point rocking the boat by trying to squeeze more names in just because they're names.

analised. Particularly liked the Keegan one, I would not let him near the likes of Stirling etc, may as well bring him and gazza to do the kids.

If I was ever a manager Id insist on bringing in Gazza as part of my backroom staff even if to just teach the kids to play pool.

I'd like to see more former players coach at youth level like they do at Ajax. Although they would surely have to be properly qualified as coaches before that.

Why would we do that? Our youth policy is better now than it has been for years. No need to change it at all.

Met Didi last Christmas, he actually came into my old company to present our end of year 'Staff Lunchtime PS3 ProEvo in the Boardroom League' trophy and pose for pictures. For real.

Still not sure how that came about, we were only a 15 person Recruitment Company...anyway.

Top bloke, said at the time that he wanted to get stuck into his coaching badges and firmly considered himself 'honourary scouse' over everything else.

Met Didi last Christmas' date=' he actually came into my old company to present our end of year 'Staff Lunchtime PS3 ProEvo in the Boardroom League' trophy and pose for pictures. For real.

Still not sure how that came about, we were only a 15 person Recruitment Company...anyway.

Top bloke, said at the time that he wanted to get stuck into his coaching badges and firmly considered himself 'honourary scouse' over everything else.[/quote']

I love him. In a manly way.

I love KK, too. He's an Alpha male, though. No room for him. He'd be a backseat driver and Kenny could do without the distraction. Still love him, though.

I thought the Ronnie Whelan suggestion might be a bit more controversial than it's been received so far. Loved him as a player, but doesn't exactly have the love of the fans.

Stevie Heighway was treated shoddily from what I understand. But to be honest, we seem to have everything ticking along nicely down there in Kirkby.

With the possible exception of Roy Evans, leave 'em be is the verdict, then.