You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strike Action

Sugar Ape

On 27/07/2022 at 13:21, Jairzinho said:

Ann Widdecombe looked appalled that Dempsey had the temerity to challenge the absolute guff she was coming out with.

The presenter, on the other hand, was simply too dimwitted to deal with the quite obvious shouting in her ear she was getting from the producer to readdress how the show was going. 

Genuine contempt.

8A4326BA-9D6C-4494-BBC3-6688360E10F2.jpeg

BEBA2DCE-2DC9-48BC-BC6A-F89CE6A7B1F3.jpeg

On 29/07/2022 at 11:48, Creator Supreme said:

I remember deregulation. Where I lived in Huyton, we suddenly had the MPTE buses rebranded as Merseybus. Then Crosville added a couple of extra bus services to the same routes (with very ratty old buses they'd bought cheap from around the country).

Then we had Liverbus, Liverline, Fareway and the like popping up, all using old MPTE stock and depots some of the redundant bus drivers had bought up.

Tickets got a little cheaper for a while. Then the reality of running businesses set in, the costs of keeping knackered old buses going, fares rose and kept rising, within a couple of years the smaller bus companies had either closed or been bought out by Merseybus / MTL or North Western.

Next thing you know, there are less buses, higher prices as there's no competition and parts of Merseyside all but abandoned by the remaining bus companies!

Now there are less services than ever, prices are silly, and the remaining companies are taking the piss out of their staff!

Fuck you Thatcher!

That is exactly how it played out.

On 29/07/2022 at 09:48, Creator Supreme said:

I remember deregulation. Where I lived in Huyton, we suddenly had the MPTE buses rebranded as Merseybus. Then Crosville added a couple of extra bus services to the same routes (with very ratty old buses they'd bought cheap from around the country).

Then we had Liverbus, Liverline, Fareway and the like popping up, all using old MPTE stock and depots some of the redundant bus drivers had bought up.

Tickets got a little cheaper for a while. Then the reality of running businesses set in, the costs of keeping knackered old buses going, fares rose and kept rising, within a couple of years the smaller bus companies had either closed or been bought out by Merseybus / MTL or North Western.

Next thing you know, there are less buses, higher prices as there's no competition and parts of Merseyside all but abandoned by the remaining bus companies!

Now there are less services than ever, prices are silly, and the remaining companies are taking the piss out of their staff!

Fuck you Thatcher!

There's quite a dangerous road by us that has a series of bends with 3 bus stops on either side.

When deregulation happened it was like Wacky Races for buses with them overtaking buses who were already at a bus stop to get the passengers at the next stop.

I nearly had a couple of 'head ons' myself as did many others on our estate.

Miraculous no-one was killed really.

Before deregulation we had Ribble buses with no issues but then they disappeared and people were left with an unreliable service that was cutting routes left, right and centre.

They even stopped picking up by the pensioners flats leaving the old dears no way of getting to the shops or to the bus station at the Town Centre to get buses into Liverpool, Ormskirk etc.

Deregulation was a stupid idea, passengers are second to profit and it doesn't work.

I live on Canny Farm now, the buses Services are shite. We have 2 reliable services to town (12 & 13), apart from that woeful.

If you want to get from Canny Farm to Huyton on Sundays, or before 8 o'clock and after 6 o'clock Monday to Saturday, you have to get 2 buses. For a 2 mile or so journey.

The same to get to Prescot (where my kids Senior school is), Kirkby etc.

It's a fucking wasteland for public transport, and it's not on!

6 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I live on Canny Farm now, the buses Services are shite. We have 2 reliable services to town (12 & 13), apart from that woeful.

If you want to get from Canny Farm to Huyton on Sundays, or before 8 o'clock and after 6 o'clock Monday to Saturday, you have to get 2 buses. For a 2 mile or so journey.

The same to get to Prescot (where my kids Senior school is), Kirkby etc.

It's a fucking wasteland for public transport, and it's not on!

Is this in Newcastle?

47 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Grant Shapps, saying the quiet bit out loud - that the cunts really are aiming to set workers' rights back over 100 years, to a time before the right to rest on your rest days.

Screenshot_2022-08-01-09-24-18-06_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Just seen that myself Angry, I want to tear the little cunts head off along with the gobshite from Avanti who peddled the unofficial strikes bollocks!

If people who work for a living aren't fuming at this kind of shit, they should check themselves for a pulse! I'm fucking raging at this!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Grant Shapps, saying the quiet bit out loud - that the cunts really are aiming to set workers' rights back over 100 years, to a time before the right to rest on your rest days.

Screenshot_2022-08-01-09-24-18-06_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

So basically unions shouldn't be telling people they are allowed a day off?

I really hope these strikes spread nationwide 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

So basically unions shouldn't be telling people they are allowed a day off?

I really hope these strikes spread nationwide 

In fairness, if workers started resting on their rest days, the rail companies would have to hire enough people to run a fucking railway and that would eat into their profits. We can't be having that.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

In fairness, if workers started resting on their rest days, the rail companies would have to hire enough people to run a fucking railway and that would eat into their profits. We can't be having that.

It's mad how much power people who just do their actual jobs have got.

Any of this discussion stretches back to what a devious bitch Thatcher was.

Want to buy anything? Have a store credit card.

Need a house? Right to buy your council house.

Now you owe loads of money but don't worry.

Getting twatted by bosses at work, fight for your rights. Go on strike. Oh hang on you now you owe loads of money, we will repossess your house. Monthly credit card bill, send in the bailiffs.

A party of cunts, led by the biggest cunt but as a plan to take on the unions it was brilliant.

• Upvote 1

Had an argument with the mother in law. According to her all these train drivers are on £80,000 and we shouldn't be giving them any more money. I said it wasn't just the drivers but other staff like track engineers, station operations, and maybe if normal workers have decided that their only course of action is strike then maybe we should believe them, and not the shareholders who are taking in £millions of profit.

She doesn't even get the fucking train. She retired early on a nice early 2000s pension after coining it during the property boom. Tory.

Also, I don't know how much train drivers earn, but considering they're responsible for the safety of thousands of people every day then maybe they deserve an appropriate wage.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Also, I don't know how much train drivers earn, but considering they're responsible for the safety of thousands of people every day then maybe they deserve an appropriate wage.

That's the thing that gets me- I want people operating hundreds of tons of machinery carrying hundreds of passengers to be well paid, well trained and not run into the ground. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Had an argument with the mother in law. According to her all these train drivers are on £80,000 and we shouldn't be giving them any more money. I said it wasn't just the drivers but other staff like track engineers, station operations, and maybe if normal workers have decided that their only course of action is strike then maybe we should believe them, and not the shareholders who are taking in £millions of profit.

She doesn't even get the fucking train. She retired early on a nice early 2000s pension after coining it during the property boom. Tory.

There's a few million like her, wok the lottery by buying the ticket with our futures. We need to out-vote these cunts.  Chuck their postal votes in the bin, anything goes.