You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Strike Action

Sugar Ape

Just so I have this clear, the AngryofTuebrook who has a bee in his bonnet about Jeremy Clarkson's jokey comment that strikers should be shot is the same AngryofTuebrook who wrote this about Margaret Thatcher?

That moral highground sure is looking a bit boggy.

There's no moral high ground to be had when talking about total fucking cunts like Jeremy Clarkson and Margaret Thatcher.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Just so I have this clear, the AngryofTuebrook who has a bee in his bonnet about Jeremy Clarkson's jokey comment that strikers should be shot is the same AngryofTuebrook who wrote this about Margaret Thatcher?

Surely you acknowledge that what's acceptable for AoT to write on the internet is completely different to what is acceptable for a TV presenter, who is paid from the public purse, to say whilst on the BBC?

I've no real problem with what Clarkson said - I think he's a cunt and ignore him, it's not like he's the PM - but saying something on the internet is an entirely different thing to what Clarkson has done and continues to do, and it shouldn't stop AoT from judging him based on those different circumstances.

Surely you acknowledge that what's acceptable for AoT to write on the internet is completely different to what is acceptable for a TV presenter, who is paid from the public purse, to say whilst on the BBC?

Undoubtedly, but let he who is without sin and all that.

Best to just ignore these things I think.

Undoubtedly, but let he who is without sin and all that.

Best to just ignore these things I think.

I agree that it is better to ignore this sort of thing from somebody with previous for this type of attitude.

As he is paid through the public and is on one of the channels that the public funds through an extortionate fee he should be reprimanded but a private ticking off would be the way to go.

To put it into workplace terms,a warning about future conduct would be the way to go.

My problem with Clarkson is not the fact that he is basically not funny, or even the fact he's a walking '' Mid-life crisis '' I can handle the dress shoes with light Jeans and even the tucked in shirt, and the below the gut waistband, I can take that.

What I can't take is the fact he thinks he's so fucking cool.

So fuck him and his Mid-Atlantic Radio drawl.

He is the biggest wanker............................................................In the world !

quite bizarre Union stance. My mate's missus was suspended for commenting she wanted to kill her boss on facebook. The NUT said that it was just a silly trivial remark.

And that is exactly what Clarkson's comments were.

Still, these Union leaders need to justify their £110k plus salaries don't they?

BBC News - Labour candidate in Facebook 'Thatcher die' apology

Labour candidate in Facebook 'Thatcher die' apology

Joe Lock has apologised for his remarks about Baroness Thatcher Continue reading the main story

Welsh election Carwyn Jones confirmed in top job

Labour to go it alone, says Jones

Assembly presiding officer to go

Plaid needs to regroup, says MP

Welsh Labour's leader has said an assembly candidate who wrote online that he hopes Margaret Thatcher will die soon has learned a "severe lesson".

Ynys Mon candidate Joe Lock, 25, has apologised for comments he made on Facebook about the former Conservative Prime Minister.

He also wrote he "loves Tories, as long as they are impaled on a large spike".

The Conservatives called the remarks "offensive, abusive" and "unacceptable for anyone seeking public office".

Among his postings in 2010, Mr Lock placed a link to a Facebook group called Is Margaret Thatcher Dead Yet? with the comment "can't be long, fingers crossed".

Mr Lock said: "These were stupid comments and intended for friends, but that is absolutely no excuse."

He added: "I accept completely that I should not have made these comments and I apologise unreservedly to anyone I may have offended.

"I have offered a personal apology to Welsh Labour, the local party and to Carwyn Jones for any embarrassment I may have caused."

Speaking on the campaign trail in Barry, Welsh Labour leader Carwyn Jones said: "He has been reprimanded.

"They were comments that were made before he was a candidate. He's a young man and he will have learned a very hard lesson."

Welsh Labour leader Carwyn Jones, campaigning in Barry, condemned Mr Lock's comments Asked if the party should have checked the candidate more thoroughly, he said: "In these days of Facebook and Twitter it can be very difficult to do that. But Joe, as I said, is a young candidate and he has learned a very severe lesson.

"He realises that what he did was very silly and it's important of course that we now move on and he understands that there is no room for these kind of comments in the future."

A Conservative spokesperson said the comments were "grossly inappropriate for an assembly candidate".

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

There is no place in politics for extreme remarks that appear to incite violence”

End Quote

Spokesperson

Welsh Conservatives

"They are offensive, abusive and completely unacceptable for anyone seeking public office.

"There is no place in politics for extreme remarks that appear to incite violence.

"The Welsh electorate will expect Carwyn Jones to distance himself from these comments as soon as possible, and take all appropriate action."

Welsh Labour said the comments were made before Mr Lock was made a candidate in the assembly election.

"These comments are totally unacceptable and we have issued Mr Lock with a formal reprimand and a warning about his future conduct which he has accepted," a spokesperson said.

Start Quote

Using this type of language is certainly not appropriate behaviour for a candidate seeking elected office”

Spokesperson

Plaid Cymru

"These comments may have been made in jest when Mr Lock was a student, but youth and naivety are no defence for what are clearly inappropriate remarks."

Mr Lock, who has taken time off from being a mature politics student for the election, was given the unanimous backing of the Ynys Mon Labour party to be their candidate at a meeting in February.

Plaid Cymru said Welsh Labour leader Mr Jones needs to "immediately distance himself from the offensive comments".

A spokesperson said: "Having been actively campaigning with Joe Lock in recent months, it should be a matter of considerable concern and embarrassment for the Labour leader.

"Using this type of language is certainly not appropriate behaviour for a candidate seeking elected office and we know that people in Ynys Mon will find these comments by the Labour candidate extremely offensive.

"The Labour leader needs to investigate this matter immediately and ensure that the party apologises to the people of Anglesey for their candidate's behaviour."

We'll have to disagree on both points: I believe firstly that Clarkson is, absolutely, a shit-stirring class-bigot and secondly that his views and his approach to expressing them are perfectly in-tune with the rag he writes a column for.

Agree with all of that. Can I also add arrogant and classless to your comments on Clarkson. I started off thinking he was fairly harmless but he now comes like he's swallowed his own publicity and given himself licence to offend for his own entertainment.

I know it was only The One Show but it was excruciating watching the embarassment of the presenters, Matt Baker, in particular, who could barely look at him

Clarkson's comments, like so much of what he says, are rooted in ignorance. Seemingly off the cuff, 'jokey' comments that appeal to those of a Little England mentality, merely betray his well rooted animosity towards those who question the methods of the 'ruling class', a group to which Clarkson obviously believes he belongs.

Regarded by many as a Clarkson schtick, his abrasive take on current events merely emphasise how little he understands lives other than his own. As he is a member of the Chipping Norton set maybe we should expect nothing better from him - but his employers should.

So I say 'Sack the Cunt'!

My beef with Clarkson isn't based on his One Show comments - I never even heard them. It's based on the fact that he's made a career of being a snotty cunt who denigrates working-class people at every opportunity (whilst taking their money, via the BBC and the S*n) For Clarkson, see also Littlejohn, McKenzie and far too many other "controversial" public liars.

My beef with Thatcher is personal hatred, based on the fact that she is personally responsible for a lot of damage inflicted on the lives of good people.

Now boggy off!

quite bizarre Union stance. My mate's missus was suspended for commenting she wanted to kill her boss on facebook. The NUT said that it was just a silly trivial remark.

And that is exactly what Clarkson's comments were.

Still, these Union leaders need to justify their £110k plus salaries don't they?

How very daily mail of you.

Edit - just jibbing in with the Clarkson is a boring cunt, and who in their right mind watches the 'one' show anyway? (Champ i'm looking at you my dear, x )

Edit - just jibbing in with the Clarkson is a boring cunt, and who in their right mind watches the 'one' show anyway? (Champ i'm looking at you my dear, x )

I knew I wouldnt get away with that..and ..err....no excuse really..it was just on...

Clarkson is just another Richard Littlejohn, both can come to dinner but both would leave via the window. Nice enough, just utterly inept and lacking any insight into anything, but convinced they have the answer. Bit like David Cameron as well I suppose.

I was going to leave this to others better than me but....Nice enough? What are you on about?