You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It distresses me when I see how intense Zane Lowe gets when he's talking about some bollocking band. Does he think he's clever or is he slightly autistic? I've only ever seen brows like that when I've heard a quiet kid talking about Dungeons and Dragons.

I think he's just a fucking tit to be honest. No further analysis required.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how Lowe and Laverne quite clearly detest eachother.

I know, he gets his patronising face on, Lauren starts rolling her eyes at the camera, it's transparent and hilarious. Like I said before they should have paired her up with Radcliffe.

...and with perfect timing, Radcliffe and Laverne appear albeit accompanied by Jo Whiley who is, as always, grinning like a reanimated corpse.

If I remember correctly, Laverne and Radcliffe were both pretty clearly the worst for wear the other year when they hosted the last night, it was pretty funny. I imagine the BBC's new fun-free direction will have put paid to that kind of shenanigans though.

(Edit: Oh right, Lauren's fucked off now leaving us with the bitch-queen Whiley. Fuck you BBC, fuck you.)

Edited by RoboRiise
cuntscuntscuntscuntscuntscuntscuntscunts

What the fuck did Zane Lowe say to make everyone so pissed off?

"Hello, I'm Zane Lowe"

I still want to smash Jo Wiley's arse in. I still hate myself for it.

Radcliffe sounds like he's got stuck into the rider.

Alison Mosshart is my queen:

[YOUTUBE]WZjemYvjZ08[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]cOvYoZAKBrc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3E1wKSoicbY[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously fucking awesome.

Also, for anyone that didn't see them this is Primal Scream demonstrating how to own a festival crowd:

[YOUTUBE]NbHrVSvEBn8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0jZVlVr7KLM[/YOUTUBE]

Bobby Gillespie, a skinny former drummer who was 49 this week, comes out wearing a silver shirt. Now that's a rock star right there, cool as fuck.

Arcade Fire, Manchester Arena, August 31. £30.

You could go and see them three times for the price of an audience with America's second-favourite train wreck. Astonishing.

just to be clear ...not me .I wouldn't be seen dead at any of those two gigs .

As for the prices,over here its fucking crazy.The government decided last year to add a enjoyment tax to any tickets bought while also charging ticketbastard and the promoter atax as well.Net result is both passed on the exra costs to the gig goer.I went to see simple minds/Deacon Blue in belfast for £30 sterling,same gig in Dublin was €110 yoyos

just to be clear ...not me .I wouldn't be seen dead at any of those two gigs .

As for the prices,over here its fucking crazy.The government decided last year to add a enjoyment tax to any tickets bought while also charging ticketbastard and the promoter atax as well.Net result is both passed on the exra costs to the gig goer.I went to see simple minds/Deacon Blue in belfast for £30 sterling,same gig in Dublin was €110 yoyos

Christ no Gav, I'm sure you wouldn't.

That price difference is unbelievable.

Well you said it mate. You were listening but you obviously didn't hear. She gave it the lot: heart, soul and technique. Being a music snob is self-defeating because you miss out on so much great music.

Yes, I'm a snob but missing out? I don't think so.

Apart from Crazy her songs are dull, Paul. It's also the reason I don't watch X Factor, despite them giving their heart and soul. I honestly gave her a chance last night (yep lucky old her) but all she was doing was doing some jiggy with 2 women who had better legs that her. Is that music? Is it? I lasted two tracks and turned it off. If I want to watch a cabaret act with legs I'll go to a can can.

That stuff about QOTSA being cut off back there is insane, would've gone mad if I'd been watching and that happened, glad I swerved the whole thing as they'd have been the one band to watch.

And as for Coldplay headlining the main stage, they should've fucked that off and put QOTSA there instead, maybe their full set would've been shown.

Checked the listing for the whole weekend too on their site and didn't realise the amount of bands/artists they manage to have playing, crazy. Even saw Carl Cox listed there! They never really have many proper rock/punk/heavy bands playing though, which is mainly why I don't bother with it.

Nice one for adding Primal Scream too Robo, legends those guys.

Edited by Red Phoenix

It's funny how Lowe and Laverne quite clearly detest eachother.

Aye when she was likening Beyonce to Parliament, George Clinton and erm punk it was hilarious watching him shake his head.

Btw, has Radcliffe been possessed by Peel's ghost. Freaky.

Aye when she was likening Beyonce to Parliament, George Clinton and erm punk it was hilarious watching him shake his head.

He usually annoys me. But she is clearly baiting him here.

[YOUTUBE]H-7eieXDjgc[/YOUTUBE]

After seeing this, I no longer want her to be my girlfriend.

Just gone back and read the thread in its entirety. I've mostly been without internet or TV since Thursday, so bar seeing a bit of the Wu and Primal Scream, have missed this years coverage, but judging by your comments, it seems that's not necessarily a bad thing. Catching up on some of the sets on the BBC website now. Couple of things:

1. Agree with most of what RoboRiise and Paul have said. Some top notch ranting from the former, and some wise words of wisdom from the latter. Glasto isn't just about a drummer, bassist, guitarist and frontman. It's a celebration of music in its purest form, and that means bringing together the wonderful different genres in to one big, happy, muddy farm. The line up did seem a bit lacking in quality compared to previous years, but there were still some fantastic artists on there over the various stages.

2. I still feel sympathetic towards those of you who have failed to embrace and appreciate Morrissey's talent. The man is still a bonafide genius, and anyone who thinks otherwise is without doubt a no-nothing, idiotic dribblechin who might as well not have the ability to hear. That said, it does my head in that a man of his talents would surround himself with a set of substandard musicians who clearly can't do him justice. Some of the Smiths stuff still sound boss, but the songs that Johnny Marr rocks the fuck out of just sound disappointing when that chipmunk looking guitarist of Mozza's just plays the chords instead of the riffs. Put some fucking effort in to it, man.

3. I'm not a fan of Zane Lowe, and I don't quite now what prompted the torrent of abuse on twitter last night, but I appreciate that he has a real passion and knowledge of music, as does Lauren Laverne, which is more than can be said for 99% of modern day radio presenters.

4. Despite the general consensus that the 'urban' music scene is on its arse, the likes of Aloe Blacc, Big Boi, Janelle Monae, Wu-Tang etc proved that if you look beyond MTV base then that's simply not the case. Oh, and Method Man is so fucking cool that he can rock the fuck out of a dressing gown. Gutted there was no Rae or RZA there, though.

5. If David Bowie does another gig anywhere nearby, I'm going. I'd love him to do Glasto in 2013, but if he doesn't, then I definitely want to see him at least once before he or I die.

6. Cheer up you miserable bunch of cunts.