You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, just realised DPW said Beyonce was the best act on the main stages, I wouldn't go that far!

I meant she was the best of the headline acts, not saying a lot to be fair though.

Performance wise over the weekend on the two main stages? I'd say it. The rest have been boring to dull to shite.

Im no massive Beyonce fan, but surely if you're going to festival like this you want some form of entertainment?? Jesus, U2, Coldplay, Morrissey, Elbow? Yikes, thats a bore fest off right there!

I forgot about Chemical Brothers though to be fair, that looked fun. I love QOTSA, but would never have them down as a headliner, no way.

Radiohead played on Friday.

I'm aware of that, wasn't announced though, was it? I thought we were talking about the headline acts.

There are plenty that would have been better than U2 and Coldplay in my opinion, but that's because I don't like either of them.

Is there any footage of Radiohead, by the way?

Prince was interviewed in The Guardian on Friday and he said no-one had ever discussed Glastonbury with him; he felt his name was being used to hype ticket sales. That said, he's on my dream line up (in fact I think it's on that thread from a while ago). He'd blow the fucking roof off if he did a hits and covers set like he does at his after show secret gigs.

Bowie would be fucking boss too. Is he still working though? He doesn't seem to have done anything for years. Not sure he can leave it much longer and still have the voice for it at his age. Let's Dance really needs lungs.

Played Dublin 2 years ago..rumoured to be returning before the years end

I'm aware of that, wasn't announced though, was it? I thought we were talking about the headline acts.

There are plenty that would have been better than U2 and Coldplay in my opinion, but that's because I don't like either of them.

Is there any footage of Radiohead, by the way?

No. The BBC had their mad bint of a teen presenter talking over their set in the distance over her shoulder for about five minutes. I'm assuming they said they'd only do it if it wasn't filmed. Doesn't make sense for the Beeb to not bother - they're too huge and too ace.

Beyonce's set list hasn't quite got there for me, despite the great show and Eurythmics interpolation just now. Needs a Bootylicious, Deja Vu or that one she did for Austin Powers to really blow the roof off. Preferably all three.

Im going to see Prince next weekend. Fuck me I cant wait. I love the little purple funk master.

same here,going to see him next month in Malahide castle..Not seen him live in 20 years since he played Cork..hope he fucking turns up this time

I wasn't overly impressed with the idea of Beyonce headlining, got to say credit to her, she's throwing it about more then any of the other head liners i've caught this weekend.

as a side note I reckon she goes on my list with Angelina.

Performance wise over the weekend on the two main stages? I'd say it. The rest have been boring to dull to shite.

Im no massive Beyonce fan, but surely if you're going to festival like this you want some form of entertainment?? Jesus, U2, Coldplay, Morrissey, Elbow? Yikes, thats a bore fest off right there!

I forgot about Chemical Brothers though to be fair, that looked fun. I love QOTSA, but would never have them down as a headliner, no way.

Yeah fair enough, she's been good.

What stage was Janelle Monae on? She's by far the best I've seen.

Primal Scream were fantastic from what I saw, and TV On The Radio were very good. Also enjoyed Bombay Bicycle club.

I agree totally about it being a borefest for the most part though.

Did he? Jesus missed that one. Was it a full gig or a guest appearance?

Full gig in the point so possibly more than 2 years..need to check me ticket stubs for the exact dates but I was definatly there ...unless I was really fucking drunk and singing space oddity for two hours in whelans again whicjh has been known to happen occasionally

same here,going to see him next month in Malahide castle..Not seen him live in 20 years since he played Cork..hope he fucking turns up this time

Enjoy dude. I saw him at the o2. Was no doubt the best gig I have ever been to in my life ever.

Be sure to hang around at the end. After about 20 mins he came back out and did Raspberry Beret acoustic on his own to a near empty arena. We were stood a matter of feet from him. Seriously fucking amazing!!

He owes MCD a couple of million, he's deffo turning up. Wouldn't mind getting up to that, tickets are pricey though. Prince is a cool fucker.

errah they're not really .You'll drop a ton easily for some one hit wonder or some redneck thrash like brittney so its better quality by far

Rep to Karl for the Jimmy Eat World post.

Great band and a great set, and who was the wanker that said Jimmy Adkins vocals couldn't cut it live ?

Oh, yeh...

Nice sig tele too, sounded great. I would've had one last year if they had maple boards on 'em.

Wish they'd have played Goodbye Sky Harbour, Chase This Light and 23 though.

Set was way too short. Fantastic stuff.

Oh and Jimmy Eat World Don't Buy The S*n