You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Under 21s

Pidge

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart Downing is no better than Boudjewin Zenden was when he came to us. A player that also had a fantastic season before his move here. Average player. I remember many clueless supporters on here talking about how he would improve us also and how good he was for Middlesbrough and was their player of the season.

This is exactly the same situation, once we are heavily linked with a player mongs on here make up anything to try and exaggerate the player abilities as though they are better than they actually are.

Stuart Downing is no better than Boudjewin Zenden was when he came to us. A player that also had a fantastic season before his move here. Average player. I remember many clueless supporters on here talking about how he would improve us also and how good he was for Middlesbrough and was their player of the season.

This is exactly the same situation, once we are heavily linked with a player mongs on here make up anything to try and exaggerate the player abilities as though they are better than they actually are.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

What has any of this got to do with U21s?

I came on to this thread to avoid hearing people argue about Downing.

The gulf in class here is quite staggering.

Indeed it is.

Javi Martinez had a good game and Mata and Thiago showed some good touches but apart from that no one in the Spain team really stood out and that's the point, they all looked comfortable in possession so didnt have to do anything spectacular.

The two main differences between the teams were that Spain kept the ball on the deck as much as possible and the distance of the passes was much shorter.

When an England player got the ball all the attackers just fuck off up the field for an aerial pass. Even if he wanted to keep it on the floor he has to hit it harder because of the distance between each player. The ball takes more time to arrive to the next player and then the same thing happens to him.

Still, it was a draw so we're just as good as them.

Shaqiri has looked pretty class today as well. I'd get pissed off if I had to watch him petulantly waving his arms around every week though.

The Swiss have totally gone off the boil since Xhaka went off. Another gem there.

Such a good name that as well. Xherdan Shaqiri. Imagine making songs for him. He's 18 isn't he? Looks to be the real deal him. We have scouts there I'm sure. And according to the mongfest that is twitter. We are looking at (seriously) 3 players. Mata, Jeffren, Shaqiri, Martinez, Bojan, Wickham. Anyone else?

Such a good name that as well. Xherdan Shaqiri. Imagine making songs for him. He's 18 isn't he? Looks to be the real deal him. We have scouts there I'm sure. And according to the mongfest that is twitter. We are looking at (seriously) 3 players. Mata, Jeffren, Shaqiri, Martinez, Bojan, Wickham. Anyone else?

Are we really looking at Mata and Martinez or is it just wishful thinking?

The movement of the spanish lads is exceptional and this, allied to their passing ability, makes them so good to watch. Hope we will be playing in a similar style next season. Mata and muniain look exceptional, would be happy with either of them as one of, hopefully, two new wingers/wide midfield players.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Me too but he's a CM so I cant see it anytime soon

I was meaning instead of some of the other players we've been linked with.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

For those watching Mata and thinking 'actually, he's really good', that is the reason why I'm always banging on about Downing. Mata, Suarez and Carroll in a front three (or 4-2-3-1, with Gerrard) is something that could be pretty amazing, in my opinion.

For those watching Mata and thinking 'actually, he's really good', that is the reason why I'm always banging on about Downing. Mata, Suarez and Carroll in a front three (or 4-2-3-1, with Gerrard) is something that could be pretty amazing, in my opinion.

But but your opinion is formed playing football manager, not watching the player you know.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
But but your opinion is formed playing football manager, not watching the player you know.

Tru dat.