You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Some of those quotes are funny "kill a cat save a bird" i'd love to of seen there faces, he literally must think to himself how can I be as insensitive in this situation as possible.

At a Bangladeshi youth club in 2002:“So who’s on drugs here?... HE looks as if he’s on drugs.” tickled me that.

The other day Boris Johnson accompanied a police raid at a drug dealers house when he walked in the culprit said " what the fuck are you doing here" it must of been so surreal for him especially as Boris replied "they have brought me to meet you". Not relevant to Philip but the absurdness reminded me of it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you are talking bollocks, Andrews was one of the first Helicopters to the Gallahad when it got hit, and I challenge you to find me an area during the Falklands war that was "safe", even ships outside the exclusion zone took hits.

Also, you dont get mentioned in despatches if you are in a safe area.

I assume you know what that term means? "Mentioned in despatches" i'll give you a clue, its something that happens in areas of conflict.

Sorry mate, you can hate him for being whatever, but that side of your argument is bollocks.

Prove it, please.

Just one picture of the brave pilot Andrew saving our troops or even flying a helicopter in the falklands. Isn't it interesting that Simon Weston has thousand of pictures of him in the falklands and many pictures of our troops crossing Goose Green but not ONE, not even one picture taken by his PR team to convince the world he was there.

If you were inthe force I genuinely respect you for that but don't expect me to fall head over in love with this parasitic family.

These charities the royals support,when they donate money isnt that just some of ours being redirected?

As for wars,wasnt the 'Great War' a result of two cousins having 'a fall out?'

This family squabble wiped out millions of honest and decent young men who should have been earning and supporting their families,families who were already living in abject poverty and now had no breadwinners.

I just wish plenty of other men could be celebrating their 90th birthday rather than dying through illnesses that could have been cured if theyd had a team of doctors on speed dial every time they sneezed.

He should live until hes 190 considering how much leisure time he has available.

What's all this serving your country bollocks? Anyone who joins the armed forces is serving themselves, not their country. The armed forces are the professional militia of the goverment of the day. The do not serve queen nor country - they are paid to go and kill whoever the politicians want killing.

Phillip is a doddering old racist, embittered because he poked the queen and as a result has had to devote his life exchanging banalities with sycophants and boring anodyne twats like Fiona Bruce and Jenny Bond.

He's pointless. Always has been. Even in death the focus will be on how it affects the queen. He knows it. I wouldn't blame him if he stood up mid interview, got out his cock, and pissed in Fiona Bruce's face, whilst she said thank-you your highness.

A fantasy of mine.

These charities the royals support,when they donate money isnt that just some of ours being redirected

As for wars,wasnt the 'Great War' a result of two cousins having 'a fall out?'

This family squabble wiped out millions of honest and decent young men who should have been earning and supporting their families,families who were already living in abject poverty and now had no breadwinners.

I just wish plenty of other men could be celebrating their 90th birthday rather than dying through illnesses that could have been cured if theyd had a team of doctors on speed dial every time they sneezed.

He should live until hes 190 considering how much leisure time he has available.

I'm not sure they do donate money to them, I was thinking more of the time they spend supporting them and the free publicity this brings, along with ability of the charties to sell tickets to the events that their sponsors attend and the like!!

Your comments re the 'great wars' are just plain silly they dont have any bearing on the current royal family.. As far as I know, we are not at war with Afgan because Harry shagged Wills bird / wife!

As for illness and these men that could have been cured and celbrating their 90th Birthdays, if they had a team of doctors on hand, we already do, they are called the NHS and are quite literally at the end of the phone 24 hours a day through a call to 999!!! Whilst your comment was emotive its SHITE!

The main similarity this old scrounger shares with Der Fuhrer is that they both only have/had one bollock. The main difference between the twats is that pissy Phil's separates his ears. Can't wait for him to 'slow down' to the extent that he just fucking stops.

The French had the right idea; hang the scrounging cunts from the streetlights.

Stop talking shit Aveez, just stop it or I'm going to have to burn your house down, you hear?

You know what helps dying kids more than a visit to life their spirits? Medicine, hospital equipment, medical staff; that sort of thing. Imagine how many incubators you can buy with all the fucking cash we waste on those fucking parasites? As Noos says, you're getting your face splashed in urine and panting "Oooh thank you Sir, can I have some more Sir". Never had you down as that sort of mug.

The French had the right idea; hang the scrounging cunts from the streetlights.

Stop talking shit Aveez, just stop it or I'm going to have to burn your house down, you hear?

You know what helps dying kids more than a visit to life their spirits? Medicine, hospital equipment, medical staff; that sort of thing. Imagine how many incubators you can buy with all the fucking cash we waste on those fucking parasites? As Noos says, you're getting your face splashed in urine and panting "Oooh thank you Sir, can I have some more Sir". Never had you down as that sort of mug.

Ahhhhh Stewie, threats to burn my house down could well result in legal action have you learned nothing of late on here!!!

Dont talk daft, there are some illnesses that no amount of medicine, hospital equipment or medical staff will cure FACT. I'd agree you could buy some incubators but at the rate of abortions in the country they'd be sat empty!

There is no urine on my face and I dont pant (unless walking up very steep hills in which case I may breath more heavilyt han usual, but even then I'm not sure its a 'pant' exactly)

I'm not a mug Im a realist, I see exactly what benefits the royals in general bring to the country, whilst appreciating htat people see them as a drain on public spending - if you genuinely believe that by getting rid of the royals more money would go into the NHS, I think it may be you that is the mug!!

Imagine how many incubators you can buy with all the fucking cash we waste on those fucking parasites?

Having a head of state will cost you money, whether it's "hereditary parasites" or someone who is elected democratically.

'Hilarious' quotes from Phil the Greek.

To Lockerbie residents after plane bombing, 1993: “People say after a fire it’s water damage that’s the worst. We’re still drying out Windsor Castle.”

To Scottish driving instructor, 1995: “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?”

“I’d like to go to Russia very much – although the bastards murdered half my family.” 1967.

At a Bangladeshi youth club in 2002:“So who’s on drugs here?... HE looks as if he’s on drugs.”

To black politician Lord Taylor of Warwick, 1999: “And what exotic part of the world do you come from?”

To a British student in China, 1986: “If you stay here much longer, you’ll go home with slitty eyes.”

And this 'classic':

On smoke alarms to a woman who lost two sons in a fire, 1998: “They’re a damn nuisance - I’ve got one in my bathroom and every time I run my bath the steam sets it off.”

He's a sexist, racist arrogant prick who would be sacked for many of those 'jokes' in any other career but obviously he is ammune being a royal. Cunt.

Do you ever have one of those days where you say something to someone and then think, "shit, that came out wrong".

Everyday is potentialy one of those days for him and the Queen, everday of their life for about 60 years, of meeting total strangers. If that's the sum total of gaffes in that time then applaud the man, I'd probably make as many gaffes in a week, let alone 60 years.

Now, I'm not Royalist as such, but I also don't believe him to be any different to 95% of other 90 year old chaps in this country. It's not bigotry or sexism or racism, it's just being old and tired and generally confused by how much has changed in such a short space of time.

He looks properly old these days, much more so than the 5 years difference between him and the Queen, he really looks like he's approaching the last 18 months of his life or something, and everyone deserves to be given the freedom to put their feet up at that age.

If you think he's mental, then you should read up about his mother.

Having a head of state will cost you money, whether it's "hereditary parasites" or someone who is elected democratically.

Will it also cost you for their inbred extended family too? Do you have to give them masses of your land usually too?

Why would you read this thread and then decide that was what you were going to post? Something that nobody was arguing about? The whole anti-meritocratic argument wasn't as important as that point?

Odd.

Royal family costs each taxpayer 69p a year - Home News, UK - The Independent

Not bad value for money when you consider the amount of cash tourism brings in, and to be honest, I cant see many Japanese or Americans wanting to take pictures of an incubator waving from the balcony of Buck Palace.

Yeah, because that's all the Queen does all day isn't it, waves on the balcony. What's that you say? They come to see the building and don't actually get to have tea with the Queen? Well I never!

Do the yanks come over to see the Queen's fourth cousin's, uncle's, grandfather wave out of his home too?

People who believe in the monarchy should actually be forced into a bond of vassalage with the largest local landowner.

Keep lapping away sweetheart. If you swallow enough of it maybe you can sleep in the servant's quarters tonight instead of the stable?

It's not just about public spending, it's about right and wrong. About meritocracy and opportunity.

OI I dont mind threats to burn my house, down but are you calling me a horse?

Right and wrong? Is it right to insult people who have served in the armed forces and throw suspicion on their motives or actions? I think not.

Metitocracy doesnt apply here - whilst they are not elected officials they're not really officials in any legal capacity, so their merits in this instance dont really matter do they? Althought if you were looking at their credentials to do the job, years or breeding (most likely in breeding) and education do set them in good stead for the role they are in!

Oportunity is what you make it and in this instance Prince Phillip and the Princes Trust have given lots of oportunies to kids so thats a bit ofa fail!

So you would prefer an elected President or similar then? are they free or do we pay for that sort of head of state too?

Even you and your ability to read anything other than whats written into your replies, must know that the Royal family as an institution, is one hell of a revenue puller for this countries tourist industry.

I cant see President Cameron or whoever having the same historic draw can you? seriously?

Plus, if you take out the Royalty, you lose the military pageantry that goes with it to a certain degree.

And that, regardless of your hate of all things royal, is another reason so many tourists go to London each year, they like seeing it, even if you dont.

Right and wrong? Is it right to insult people who have served in the armed forces and throw suspicion on their motives or actions? I think not.

Er, depends on their actions doesn't it. I reckon that just putting on camo doesn't give you the right to kill with impunity, something that others disagree with, but then that's opinions isn't it. Their motives are clear, self-interest, just as anyone's are; how that manifests itself can be varied.

Lads on corners in Baltimore fight for their own self-interest and the self interest of their group, sometimes to the point of murdering people that threaten it. But if I insert soldiers into that sentence all hell breaks loose for questioning their love of queen and country. Understandable though, without that ingrained belief in a population you'll find it hard to find people willing to join. It needs to be made noble, that ties in with the Royals fighting, it's all part of that myth.

Got to agree with Monty on this one, I mean France have much bigger tourism receipts than the UK. And people don't visit Versailles because they expect to see the Queen of France. Tourists would still come and visit Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London and what have you with or without the Royal Family.

Its a simple question of morals.

Why should one specific family be given millions of pounds of ordinary people's money just through a freak of birth?

If they raised their own cash and bought their own houses then fine,there's always room for a new exhibit or two in the natural history museum but they have had all these things paid and given to them by you,the taxpayer and usually those of you at the bottom of the ladder as you pay tax and source and not through deductables like the wealthy.

Aveez,why am I going on about the Great War?

Well because descendents of these people were responsible for becoming involved in a war were 16.5 million people were killed and nobody faced any charges for crimes against humanity,to me that's absolutely unforgivable.

A generation almost wiped out over basically nothing.

'Conscription put into uniform nearly every physically fit man in Britain, six of ten million eligible. Of these, about 750,000 lost their lives and 1,700,000 were wounded. Most deaths were to young unmarried men; however, 160,000 wives lost husbands and 300,000 children lost fathers.'

Anybody who has any link to that is despicable in my book.

Will it also cost you for their inbred extended family too? Do you have to give them masses of your land usually too?

Why would you read this thread and then decide that was what you were going to post? Something that nobody was arguing about? The whole anti-meritocratic argument wasn't as important as that point?

Odd.

I don't think it's a question of giving them masses of land, rightly or wrongly they own the land and have done for centuries.

My post is relevant because you're complaining about them costing money, the truth is that any head of state is going to cost you money, so unless you're going to have no head of state, it's not a great argument. There are good arguments for republicanism, but I don't think the cost of the Royal Family is one of them.