You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guardiola praises LFC academy

scous3r

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another point on this which people can't seem to get their heads around, Kenny would have seen Henderson at youth level in his previous job at the Liverpool academy.

He knows what he's buying.

good point. Needs to be pointed out to certain quarters of the media who are hell bent on the stance that we have grossly overpaid for a unproven 20 year old whilst Ferguson has made a wise investment for the future in the 19 year old Jones

The media can suck my ball bag. The reality is that we doing things right and IMO we are making wise investments in the transfer market. We have to read shit about over paying for Carroll and Henderson when in reality our opposition have been doing it for 10 years.

Regardless of whether that quote is legit or not, our academy is going to be the best and most productive in the country for the next few years for my money. Utd's has dried up, Chelsea never quite got theirs off the ground while City are buying them rather than producing them and Arsenal's is about the same.

Yup, because the pitch would already be watered for better passing. Seriously though I think it would work. If you put Barca in Stoke's stadium on a wet wednesday night against their team they'd probably run rings around them.

Of course we'll probably never find out, but I think their game would work fine over here. It's ok saying our league is more physical, etc, but if the opposition can't even get close to most of their players inbetween their passes it might not really matter.

I wasn't being serious; it's just that no credible discussion, in this country at least, about Barca is complete without asking that question.

In terms of current value it's possible to argue that we have overpaid. Whether we have made a bad deal will only become clear over the course of a few seasons. I remember at the time we signed Crouch (at least I think it was him) a lot of people, myself included, were arguing that we had overpaid for him based on his apparent value at the time we signed him. It wasn't long before people were saying that he was a bargain though, so you just don't know how these things are going to turn out.

Bloody hell, mate. We all think Kenny is an absolute legend, and there is no one I'd rather have at the helm, but we don't need to make stuff up. Kenny has signed some unbelievable players in his managerial career, and he's signed some absolute yard dogs, like every manager.

He's got more right than wrong - that's why he is successful, but to claim he's now one of the best scouts in the world is just a little unnecessarily sycophantic.

He doesn't have to be a good scout.

A player knows a player.

He doesn't have to be a good scout.

A player knows a player.

I agree he doesn't have to be a good scout, that was my point. It was unrighteous that said he was the greatest scout in the world.

The second point that you make, about a player knowing a player, is a complete fallacy, and you must know it. There was no greater player than Maradona, in my view, but he made some glaring omissions from his Argentina WC squad, that cost his team balance and experience. There are numerous examples across the world, of great footballers signing bad players.

I'm not slagging anyone off, I feel it's really important to stress that, I'm completely happy with KK and DC, but Kenny will sign players that soar above expectations, and sink way below them. That's the nature of football. He signed some of our greatest ever players, and the poorest player I've seen in a red shirt (Nicky Tanner) in his last spell.

We don't have to make stuff about Kenny. He is a god amongst men at our club. We all love the man, and so we should. His accomplishments and skills speak for themselves, and that's enough.

A couple of new arrivals at U16 level:

Jerome Sinclair (WBA) and Lloyd Jones (Plymouth Argyle). Jones is a Welsh international who supposedly signed a 3 year scholarship yesterday.

Source is the excellent Youth thread on RAWK and Twitter.

JS has definitely been playing in an U15 tournament for us in Holland (or somewhere) were we finished third behind Real Madrid and PSV - along with that Irish lad Alex O'Hanlon.

I think Guardiola's comments are a little premature but things are starting to come together nicely at all junior levels and I might be spending a few saturday mornings in Kirkby next season.

I reckon the quotes legit... though it would be good to see a full transcript of the conversation before betting my house on it.... but with us and Barca in the U19's champions league from next year, him being asked about it and who they expect to be challenged by wouldn't be that random of a question, and with the teams in there us and Barca are the stand out academies of the bunch for me.

Looking forward for this, starts in August.

A couple of new arrivals at U16 level:

Jerome Sinclair (WBA) and Lloyd Jones (Plymouth Argyle). Jones is a Welsh international who supposedly signed a 3 year scholarship yesterday.

Source is the excellent Youth thread on RAWK and Twitter.

JS has definitely been playing in an U15 tournament for us in Holland (or somewhere) were we finished third behind Real Madrid and PSV - along with that Irish lad Alex O'Hanlon.

I think Guardiola's comments are a little premature but things are starting to come together nicely at all junior levels and I might be spending a few saturday mornings in Kirkby next season.

Is he the kid compared to Raheem Stirling?

I reckon the quotes legit... though it would be good to see a full transcript of the conversation before betting my house on it.... but with us and Barca in the U19's champions league from next year, him being asked about it and who they expect to be challenged by wouldn't be that random of a question, and with the teams in there us and Barca are the stand out academies of the bunch for me.

Looking forward for this, starts in August.

I'd guess it's legit as TB has used it in his article today.

The media are loving the Jones to United thing, it's Alex at his best, it's investment in future England captain.

Fucking future England captain? What is wrong with people? It's shit like this which directly proves how much of a sham the England captaincy is, it's a fucking popularity contest usually won by the England centre back with the cheesiest grin.

It's great that we're suggesting Jones can be England captain before he's even kicked a ball for England, before he's even made 50 first team league appearances, and it's a complete lack of respect for the likes of Wilshire, Henderson, Hart and Carroll who are all still very young and have leadership qualities themselves.

If anything, Jones is going to get bullied now by the likes of Terry when on England duty. Fucking upstart wanker, blah blah. Footballers are people too, they get jealousy and feel threatened.

Jones smacks of Terry-itis to me. Over-confident, hugely limited, over-hyped, and thick as fuck. I'm fucking delighted the Mancs bought him rather than us.

It is mate.

Although by all accounts he's a bit bigger than Raheem.

I've wanked out sperm bigger then Raheem.

But the Jones press stuff is quite amazing in how the treat a young English lad going to Utd as a brilliant move, and a young English lad for the same money going to Liverpool as a risk.

But the Jones press stuff is quite amazing in how the treat a young English lad going to Utd as a brilliant move, and a young English lad for the same money going to Liverpool as a risk.

The United wankfest is only just starting.It seems a deal has been done for Young with United,medical and personal terms to be done when he returns off holiday.

The press still don't seem to have cottoned onto the fact that we are now relatively debt free whereas our friends from down the road are up to their eyes in it.

They're very slow to adjust their thinking to the fact that without the acquistion debt we are a very profitable concern with money to spend.

There's a new sheriff in town and his name's John Henry. The fact that we've bid for Jones backs up his assertion that he'll go toe to toe with the cunts and I, for one, am very happy about it regardless of some of the weird and wonderful responses on various threads to the fact that we're supposedly bidding for Wickham, Clichy, Adam etc etc.

The beeb website had a headline saying he was a bargain ffs.