You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Raheem Sterling

Cushty92

His style is quite unorthodox, he's been labeled this nippy winger who gets balls into the box. Brendan has really evolved his game and he is now the quintessential modern attacker, he play's with a composure and awareness well beyond his years. He drifts in and out of games and just here and there shows his touches of class. His movement's fantastic that run he made today is going to be one of the hallmarks of this season, he'll get 15 plus this year.

He could very easily slot into the second striker role.

I'm not so sure that's quite it but the general idea is sound.  For me he is developing into a player that sort of plays as a central striker but who comes into that position from out wide rather than just staying in the middle all the time.  If that makes any sense.

What I mean is that I see him turning into a very similar player to what Thierry Henry was in his most successful years at Arsenal.  And what's more, I think Sterling is capable of reaching that level as well.

The question is - how long can we continue to carry a player like Sterling?

Kinda takes on a new meaning now though.

From the author of "Goalscoring - Do we have a problem?"

(I genuinely miss him.  We mortals can only achieve mediocre levels of demonstrable wrongness and batshit craziness.  He alone could soar to these heights.)

• 2 weeks later...

According to some Spanish correspondent on Talkshite earlier this summer Madrid floated the idea and were shot down immediately as he's enjoying his football and loves Brendao.

Need to get him tied down to a long term deal pronto. Cunts are like flies around shit.