You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Raheem Sterling

Cushty92

The good thing for him is that he is in a team that makes dozens of chances - and boy does he need them. I still think he's an average player who relies on superior players next to him to make him look better.

57 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Technically and physically a very good player. Looks shite when he has time to think. I think City could do better, but he's clearly playing pretty well.

At some point, we're going to have to acknowledge that the 23 year old who is consistently getting 20+ goals and 20+ assists a season for one of the best teams the country has ever seen may not be as shit as we claim he is.

• Upvote 2

Don't get me wrong, calling players who leave us cunts is something I absolutely live for.  My  great grandad never forgave Elisha Scott and my grandad was even more furious with Lidell.

I dislike two faced turncoat twats like McMoneyman and Owen as much as most people, but Sterling left for 50m and at same point as Guardiola keeps making him, we start to look a bit soft.

• Upvote 1

The fact that we're still talking about him says everything. He was one of the most gifted players in his age group by most metrics, and I still blame Rodgers for him going. Don't get me wrong, I think Firmino offers this team more, but to compete with the best we should be keeping young talent like that and adding Firmino.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The fact that we're still talking about him says everything. He was one of the most gifted players in his age group by most metrics, and I still blame Rodgers for him going. Don't get me wrong, I think Firmino offers this team more, but to compete with the best we should be keeping young talent like that and adding Firmino.

The season Sterling left, he was our joint top scorer, had the third most assists, he was 20 and Rodgers had him playing wing back from February onwards with an injury.

Anfield just didn't like him, I remember him pulling out of a 50/50 And the centenary stand going mental and letting him have it. Shit, we even know his agent by name  - Aidy Ward. How many other agents do you know by name? Mendes, sure, but who else?

• Upvote 1

He's a good footballer, great pace and attitude but he's a cunt. When the pace goes so does he, one knee injury or real bad hammy tear and he's ordinary. A slightly better Aaron Lennon.

Did i say he's a cunt? Klopp doesn't tolerate cunts so he would be gone regardless.

• Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

People can be angry with the way he left (I personally don't put most of the blame on him, I think the club and Rodgers really shot themselves in the foot) but he's definitely not a cunt. By all accounts he's a good kid who does lots for charity.

The exaggerated hate he gets by loads of LFC fans also doesn't help in the ridiculous witch hunt against him by a portion of the media and I think it's embarrassing for the most part. 

• Upvote 4

A mate of mine met him a few weeks ago after the Newport FA Cup game he’s a red himself and said he’s one of the nicest lads he’s met in football, he said all the city players were sound but he spoke to Sterling for about 10 minutes and for all the shit he gets from media etc he was suprised, said he was so humble and just a nice kid really.

• Upvote 1