Quantcast
Sign one Liverpool player - Page 2 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Redder Lurtz

Sign one Liverpool player

Souness

If we're basing this on what we need then I agree completely, it's an absolute no-brainer.

An 18 year old Robbie Fowler would also be nice.

Yep a vintage Barnsey would be my pick also. He could do the lot and with that peachy left foot he would ping cross after cross onto Carroll's head and he would nod them in! Ahhh what a lovely dream.

We've needed a left winger for God knows how long. John Barnes is the best one we've ever had, an absolutely fantastic player who were able to shine in one of the best teams our club has ever had.

John it is. And he's a top man to boot.

Guest barralad

Easy one..."Crazy Horse".

A proper leader,in the words of Shanks..."Emlyn Hughes,its debatable if theres a better player in the game,Hes got guts,hes quick,good in the air.You name it hes got it".

Good enough for me.

I'd pick Barnes even if we had the likes of Downing, Sanchez and Hazard on the books.

If he was still around he'd be in the top 5 players in the world currently.

Never saw Billy Liddell play, but read a biography of him recently, and after that, and added to all else I've read and heard about him elsewhere over the years, I'd go for him.

But anyone of 30 or 40 players over the past 50 years would be superb. Yeats, Hunt, Keegan, Callaghan, Souness, Clemence (if Pepe goes), Barnes, Fowler, Peter Thompson, Aldo, Heighway, King Kenny............ the list goes on and on. Imagine having Abramovich's cheque book or City's oil money and that lot to choose from.

What??? We can only play 11 players? Bugger.

Any reason why so many people are ignoring McManaman?

I think he was utterly dominant in this division, and then had great success at Real Madrid, and he was the catalyst, along with Shearer, of any England success.

Any reason why so many people are ignoring McManaman?

I think he was utterly dominant in this division, and then had great success at Real Madrid, and he was the catalyst, along with Shearer, of any England success.

I thought of him as well, but I think everything he could do, Barnes could do a lot better. Mcmanaman was also fortunate to be playing along the two best strikers the game has ever seen at club and international level respectively. He was behind some of our best football in my lifetime, I'll give him that.

Tough one to answer so many.Kenny maybe for how he made players around him play better.

Digger cause he was just so awesome.Maybe Nichol for also being awesome and versatile.Jocky cause he was cool as fuck.

Rushy because he was just a freak of nature when it comes to goal scoring.

So i go for Terry Mac as none else will say him and he had the coolest perm out of them all.