You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hiddink to Chelsea

Faustus

According to the Beeb:

BBC Sport - Turkish FA expecting Hiddink to join Chelsea

The Turkish Football Federation has accepted that Guus Hiddink is likely to leave his job as national team boss and return to Chelsea.

According to a senior source at the TFF, the Dutchman "can't say no to Chelsea, we believe he wants to leave".

Hiddink, 64, led Chelsea to an FA Cup victory as caretaker manager in 2009.

Despite an indifferent qualifying campaign, Turkey remain in contention for a Euro 2012 play-off place after a 1-1 draw against Belgium on Saturday.

But Hiddink is unhappy that the man who brought him to Istanbul, Federation chief Mahmut Ozgener, is likely to be replaced as a result of the Presidential elections on 28 June.

"If Ozgener was staying, Guus would probably stay too," said the source.

"Ozgener has gone on holiday and hasn't decided if he will stand for re-election, but even if does he's likely to lose.

"Hiddink says he has a contract but these promises don't have value.

"Chelsea is too good an offer to turn down and the Federation understands this.

"Hiddink feels he still has a job to do there, he wants to work every day, and win Championships and maybe the Champions League.

"We will understand that he has coached his last Turkey game as long as Chelsea pay the compensation."

The TFF are yet to receive a formal approach from Chelsea asking for permission to talk to Hiddink, but are expecting one this week.

With just over a year left on a 3.7m euro contract that runs until the end of the 2012 Euros, releasing Hiddink could cost Chelsea around 4m euros and talks are now set to begin.

Assuming those negotiations are concluded succesfully, Hiddink would return to Stamford Bridge, where he won the FA Cup with the Blues during a three-month stint in 2009.

Hiddink enjoys a close relationship with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, who bankrolled his spell as Russia manager and has used him as a footballing consultant.

Turkey's next Group A match is against Kazakhstan on 2 September although Hiddink refused to confirm he would still be in charge for the game when asked after the draw in Belgium.

Very good manager although not sure if he still has the energy to do the job every day of every week. Time will tell.

Well he did have the energy to manage PSV and South Korea simultaneously, same with Chelsea an Russia last time (although for a short period). Unfortunately, I think he'll do just fine. :(

Well he did have the energy to manage PSV and South Korea simultaneously, same with Chelsea an Russia last time (although for a short period). Unfortunately, I think he'll do just fine. :(

I think he will be fine too as he is a very good manager. But those situations you have mentioned were totally different. He came to "help" and was under no pressure as he knew he will go back to Korea/Russia. This time it will be different.

That's the same for every club, really.

Just look at us.

Well not the same for United is it, I don't think it was the same for Chelsea in the past. They nearly won the league with fucking Avram fucking Grant! I just think now they're at the weakest they've been since Abramovich came in, they could potentially drop out of the top 4.

i want a reasonably strong chelsea the same as i want spurs and city to be a threat to the other teams.

i can see a lot of points being dropped by the teams at the top next season so if we can maintain strong form at home and make improvements on the road, we´ll have a chance of a decent season.

for this reason i´d be happy if they get the lovable dutch rogue in