You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can we do it? Honestly?

We need to win both our last matches. That means winning four-in-a-row, which we haven't managed all season.

Am I the only one thinking back to the end of last season and the disappointment we suffered? I hate to say it but unless someone screws up somewhere, I don't think we'll get that Chumps league spot.

We'll all be cheering on United next week though!!

I do think we can beat Newcastle at Home, they have terrible away form and with the great Titus Bramble at the back they should be suspect at the back.

It's this Brum game this weekend that will decide it, if we draw or lose Villa will take advantage and go on to claim 4th.

well the way we've played in the last 2 games i would say yes. but this is where the trouble with our current team is. just as you think we've "turned the corner" as our manager would say, we go and f*ck it all up again. i've worried about this birmingham game for a while. this is the type of win we should get but never seem to. however, if i was having a bet i'd back us to get 4th - although i'm not saying we'll win 2 games as i think villa and newcastle will both drop points at southampton.

Guest Dalglish 7

Think the birningham game will decide if we get the fourth place or not.Hopefully we will win the two games and get to the champions league.

Have to say yes, but I am really worried about birmingham game. I am really worried about villa slipping into 4th on the blind side. I can see them winning their last 2 games for some reason. The play the mancs on the last day of the season and I can see slur. elax playing alot of the youngsters etc since utd have nothing to play for to be honest. I think we will beat the geordies, their away form is woeful and to be honest if we dont beat them at home, we dont deserve to be in the cl next year.

we dont deserve it anyway lets face it!

If we finish fourth, then we deserve it. It`s not like Aston Villa and Newcastle have played like gods. The fact is that all teams fighting for fourth spot have been crap, and no one deserves it more than the other.

Guest Cainsbitter
Have to say yes, but I am really worried about birmingham game. I am really worried about villa slipping into 4th on the blind side. I can see them winning their last 2 games for some reason. The play the mancs on the last day of the season and I can see slur. elax playing alot of the youngsters etc since utd have nothing to play for to be honest. I think we will beat the geordies, their away form is woeful and to be honest if we dont beat them at home, we dont deserve to be in the cl next year.

I am sceptical myself. Utd would have something to play for at Villa if they were to beat Chelsea tomorrow, 2nd place and automatic progression to the CL. Doubtful as Chelsea play Leeds at home last game but Leeds may want to go out on a good note. We don't want to be in a situation where we're relying on the munsters!

We need to win our remaining two games, and the "pliers" know that. It's the least they owe us, though it won't change my views and I guess a lot of others' views on our bumbling manager that he should step aside.

Last years match at St Andrews was an awful performance, and expect no help from mancs- RVN is not playing until Cup Final; Ferguson isn't going to risk anything. In all fairness, wouldn't we do the same. It is up to the players to win the next two, and then there is no question of needing help.

Honestly, someone else is goping to have to fuck up for us to get 4th. Past history is not good- need one goal in last five macthes and lose to Bradford City last day. Chelsea last year. However, I guess we could look to the "humilation" of Charlton for positives- but that was the magical season, that left foot at the Pit, and perhaps the last horseshoe that came out of Geds arse.