You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Only one Bob Paisely

Scott_M

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paisley may have won fewer trophies overall (he only did 9 years as opposed to 30-something) but even if Whiskeynose ever manages to equal or better Sir Bob's European record, he will NEVER have his class or dignity.

I've posted this several times and I make no excuses for posting it again. Bob won 13 major trophies in 9 seasons, Ferguson has never, ever won 13 trophies in 9 seasons.

Ferguson is, and forever will be in Bob's shadow.

I've posted this several times and I make no excuses for posting it again. Bob won 13 major trophies in 9 seasons, Ferguson has never, ever won 13 trophies in 9 seasons.

Ferguson is, and forever will be in Bob's shadow.

And he can read that here:

sir alex ferguson wiki

Sir Bob, still on his fucking perch.

Sir Bob's win were also in the days when one slip in the European Cup and you were out. Imagine how many we would have won if we had the 2nd or 3rd bite of the cherry you get nowadays

It's harder to win now. Easier to get into but harder to win. Bob never had to play against the top four sides from the top leagues in Europe. The winner in the modern format is pretty much guaranteed to be the best team in Europe that year. In the old format it was just the best team out of the sides that won the league the year before.

Bless you Sir Bob, it only took you 9 years to win those 3, old whisky nose has taken 25 to win ...2.

and

08- on penalties, Chelsea hit woodwork twice in game and in penalties

99- outplayed, Bayern hit woodwork twice, 2 goals from corners in injury time

and

08- on penalties, Chelsea hit woodwork twice in game and in penalties

99- outplayed, Bayern hit woodwork twice, 2 goals from corners in injury time

We should probably give our Istanbul one back then, if being a bit lucky discredits them?

He's won two, you don't need to try and and make it look like he hasn't been worth them, he has. He might be a cunt but he's a great manager and that stuff there is what I'd expect from Everton or City fans.

We should probably give our Istanbul one back then, if being a bit lucky discredits them?

He's won two, you don't need to try and and make it look like he hasn't been worth them, he has. He might be a cunt but he's a great manager and that stuff there is what I'd expect from Everton or City fans.

well i only meant bob....

are you sober or something?

Whilst I agree with your general point I don't really think luck came into Istanbul. For starters we were denied a clear pen and they should have had a man sent off.