You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Bridge had a bit of a wobble once the killer was revealed but it's latest episode put it back on track. If it keeps concentrating on the minutiae in Juarez and El Paso then it'll be a fine show. If it goes big like it did with the killer than I don't think it gets renewed for a third series (it got renewed for a second series earlier this week).

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Very much looking forward to American Horror Story: Coven. Starts 9th October. Loved both seasons so far. I know some didn't, but it's one of my favorite shows currently still airing.

I wonder how some people struggle to find something to watch sometimes. I know not all of these shows are great, but I've just done a quick list whilst I'm having a shit in work of programmes I'll have watched this year/back of last year or will watch. Some of them have finished for good now or are yet to start but it's shocked me a bit listing them how much I watch or plan to watch and I've no doubt missed some off.

Boardwalk empire

The Americans

Banshee

Ray Donovan

The league

It's always sunny in Philadelphia

Supernatural

Sons of anarchy

Breaking bad

Bates motel

Underbelly

Hannibal

Parks and rec

Under the dome

Suits

True blood

Elementary

The mentalist

Justified

Homeland

Magic City

Hell On Wheels

Dexter

Game Of Thrones

The Walking Dead

Misfits

Luther

Sherlock

Blue Bloods

The Bridge

The Killing

Rectify

The Returned

In The Flesh

The Following

Californication

Almost Human

True Detective

Low Winter Sun

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

And that's without taking into account the likes

Of The Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Deadwood, Battlestar Galactica, Rescue Me etc... Which are always good for another watch.

The Masters of Sex has great acting, and I can't emphasize this enough. Add to the fact that it has a fair share or tits for viewing pleasure and we get ourselves a good series at a time Breaking Bad has left you empty. Ginny's tits in particular are a monument to mankind. 

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

ixzfAN9lefsSO.gif

The Masters of Sex has great acting, and I can't emphasize this enough. Add to the fact that it has a fair share or tits for viewing pleasure and we get ourselves a good series at a time Breaking Bad has left you empty. Ginny's tits in particular are a monument to mankind.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Posted Image

I've quite enjoyed the 1st two. Nothing special, but very watchable, good acting and plenty of tits.

Just watching blacklist now. Spader is good, the bird is fit, so see how it goes. Another one though that would seem limited in its potential story lines unless they just get completely stupid.

First two have been worth watching for Spader fans only.

Highly trained rescue personnel, so when a high speed train starts derailing they run along the track in front of it to get away. Plot has more holes in it than my grannies lace tablecloth.

Highly trained rescue personnel, so when a high speed train starts derailing they run along the track in front of it to get away. Plot has more holes in it than my grannies lace tablecloth.

Yeah, I think it's gonna be the type of show I watch when I take my daughter to gym class and I have to sit around for an hour occasionally glancing down to see how she's getting on. Enjoy the entertaining bits and don't think about the story too much as it will illustrate the shows shitness. It's made for mainstream America, so not surprising it's like this.

For anyone interested the second series of The Bridge (proper European version) is supposedly starting this month on the BBC.

EDIT:  As a spurious connection between two of the above shows, James Spader is voicing Ultron in the next Avengers film.

• Upvote 1

For anyone interested the second series of The Bridge (proper European version) is supposedly starting this month on the BBC.

EDIT:  As a spurious connection between two of the above shows, James Spader is voicing Ultron in the next Avengers film.

And The british/french version is starting on Sky Atlantic this day next week.

I have only watched the first episode but thought it was very predictable. Not sure I will stick with it.

Danny Boyle and his Slumdog Millionaire collaborators, writer Simon Beaufoy and producer Christian Colson, have joined the rush to high-end TV by signing up for a 10-part miniseries about the second world war saboteurs of Germany's nuclear weapons programme.

Telemark, as the project is currently titled, will be written by Beaufoy and presumably at least some of its episodes will be directed by Boyle for the 20th Century Fox-owned FX cable channel. The series of wartime raids on the Vermork plant by British trained Norwegian resistance, which managed to prevent German exploitation of Norway's production of "heavy water", a vital component of early nuclear weapon research, was previously filmed in 1965, as the Anthony Mann-directed The Heroes of Telemark starring Kirk Douglas and Richard Harris.

Boyle said in a statement: "This is one of the world's greatest stories, and we want to tell it on an epic scale." Beaufoy added: "As we all know, some of the very best narrative fiction ever told is currently being created as episodic television. This incredible story is ideally suited to the slower burn and added complexity that the longer format allows."

Boyle recently agreed to direct a pilot episode of a new cop series called Babylon for Channel 4, and announced plans to make a film version of jewel heist documentary Smash & Grab as his next feature project.

Sorry, this was duff info. It starts in November. 

Was going to ask about that as I thought the first series was quality. The Scandies do these bleak stories so well, if the likes of this and The Killing are anything to go by. Almost all of this type of stuff goes to great lengths to critique the social welfare systems in this part of the world, and presents a view of these countries that seems at odds with the perception of Scandinavian people as a peace-loving, sexually liberal funny-sounding bunch. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the pilot of Dracula and have to say if it continues like the pilot episode this will become essential viewing. Also watched the first three episodes of once upon a time in wonderland. This is a bit of a weird one in as much as the pilot never gripped me at all then the second episode I got into and the third was a bit iffy.

Its certainly a strange series and is roughly based on just about everything from Alice in wonderland to Robin hood all taking place in wonderland.

Cant complain though as the new series of misfits started and once again excelled itself and this is surely one of the greatest series of all time. It manages to get better and better each season and this series opener was outstanding.

Watched the pilot of Dracula and have to say if it continues like the pilot episode this will become essential viewing. Also watched the first three episodes of once upon a time in wonderland. This is a bit of a weird one in as much as the pilot never gripped me at all then the second episode I got into and the third was a bit iffy.

Its certainly a strange series and is roughly based on just about everything from Alice in wonderland to Robin hood all taking place in wonderland.

Cant complain though as the new series of misfits started and once again excelled itself and this is surely one of the greatest series of all time. It manages to get better and better each season and this series opener was outstanding.

Got the pilot of Dracula there to watch, but no idea when I'll get round to watching it. Way too much to watch right now - I only got to this weeks eastbound on Friday and skipped all kinds this week. I need to take a day off work a week at the moment to keep up.

I see lilyhammer has started on nrk - anyone any ideas when it hits bbc or netflix?

• 2 weeks later...