You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'Ray Donovan' Season 2 -- Showtime Picks Up New Season Of Record-Breaking Show

Less than a month after its premiere, Showtime has ordered another season of Ray Donovan. Season 2 will debut next year. The Sunday night Hollywood fixer drama, which stars Liev Schreiber, Jon Voight Ambyr Childers and Elliot Gould, has been breaking records for the cable network. Donovan even rose in its second week – a first for Showtime. Read the release here:

LOS ANGELES, CA – (July 16, 2013) – Having made network history as its highest rated original series premiere ever and with continued ratings success in weeks two and three, SHOWTIME has picked up a second season of its critically acclaimed drama series RAY DONOVAN. Created and executive produced by Ann Biderman, the series stars Emmy® and Golden Globe® Award nominee Liev Schreiber in his first lead television role. The announcement was made today by David Nevins, President of Entertainment, Showtime Networks Inc. RAY DONOVAN airs on Sunday nights at 10 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME. The second season will debut in 2014.

“RAY DONOVAN is on track to be our biggest season one show ever,” said Nevins. “Ann Biderman and the extraordinarily talented creative team, coupled with the brilliant ensemble cast led by Liev Schreiber, have produced one of the hottest new dramas of the year. We are proud and excited to pick up another season.”

RAY DONOVAN delivered the best debut of any freshman SHOWTIME comedy or drama series with more than 6 million viewers for its premiere across platforms (including replays, On Demand and Live +7). The series is also the first freshman drama in network history to improve on its series premiere in week two, up an impressive 15 percent in its second week on-air. In its third week, the series delivered 2.2 million viewers on Sunday night, on par with its record-setting second week.

Set in the sprawling mecca of the rich and famous, RAY DONOVAN stars Schreiber as LA’s best professional fixer, the man called in to make the city’s celebrities, superstar athletes, and business moguls’ most complicated and combustible situations go away. This powerful drama unfolds when his father, Mickey Donovan, played by Oscar® winner Jon Voight, is unexpectedly released from prison, setting off a chain of events that shakes the Donovan family to its core. The cast includes Oscar winner and guest star Elliott Gould as Ray’s long-time client and mentor, Paula Malcomson (The Hunger Games) in the role of Ray’s wife, Abby, along with Eddie Marsan (Sherlock Holmes) and Dash Mihok (I Am Legend), who play Ray’s brothers. The series also stars Steven Bauer (Breaking Bad), Katherine Moennig (The L Word), Pooch Hall (The Game), Kerris Dorsey (Moneyball) and Devon Bagby. Johnathon Schaech (That Thing You Do!) and Peter Jacobson (House) guest star. RAY DONOVAN is created and executive produced by Ann Biderman (Southland), who also wrote the pilot episode. The series is also executive produced by Mark Gordon and Bryan Zuriff. RAY DONOVAN is a SHOWTIME production

Anyone know what the new show advertised on Atlantic called The Tunnel is about?

British version of the Danish/Swedish show about a murder on a border. As the name suggests, a murder is committed in the channel tunnel causing joint investigation between British & French police.

I can't see it being done better than either the original or the American remake which has recently aired, The Bridge.

Watched the comedy Family Tree recently. Already been shown in US so available online. Made by Christopher Guest and starring Chris O'Dowd. Quite gentle and slow-moving at times but it has at least 2 moments per episode that have you laughing very loud (normally involving the sister and her monkey)

Would recommend you give it a try

I watched it and thought it was shit. I did make it through all 12 episides but won't be watching a second series.

Thanks. I have had it downloaded and in my head I must think its shit because I'm watching shite on Dave rather than give it a go. I might just delete it and forget about it, nothing worse than starting something you're not that into, but feel sucked in.

I liked banshee, even if it was completely detached from any type of reality. There were times I was thinking true blood is more believable!

Banshee is ace.

You have to just accept what goes on and enjoy it. You could pick it to death but that'd spoil it.