You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keys and Gray

kidney

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

They have been off my radar for years now, only briefly reappearing to make complete cunts of themselves and lose their jobs. Hah. No, I'm not missing them.

Miss them? No way.

Annoyed that Sky haven't used this opportunity to find a decent pair of replacements? Yes.

James Richardson would be great, hes very knowledgeable and can be funny too.

I doubt he'll be as impressive when sitting outside a greasy spoon in West Bromwich on a chilly November afternoon with a swiftly cooling mug of tea and an Eccles cake, telling viewers about the bullshit rumours in the Daily Mail and the Metro. It's not quite the same as sitting outside a nice little trattoria a stones throw from the Parco Sempione in Milan on a beautiful spring day with a nice aperetivo, telling viewers about the Corriere Dello Sport's take on the war of words between two bonkers Italian club presidents.

In terms of quality, he is the best out there in my eyes.

I am not sure I would like to listen to him on Sky, the podcast works because of the length, the other people in the pod and the audience that the podcast attracts. Sky is all about sound bites and quick analysis wedged between adverts, with Jamie Redknapp and co talking nonsense.

*Those adverts are shit, like your old man would you let you and your kid play head tennis over his brand new Mondeo

I never watched any of them I turn the tv on at kick off, I go get a few cans from the fridge and make a butty at half time and I turn it off at the final whistle ive been doing it like that for years and I can definitely say its a big improvement.

I never watched any of them I turn the tv on at kick off, I go get a few cans from the fridge and make a butty at half time and I turn it off at the final whistle ive been doing it like that for years and I can definitely say its a big improvement.

I listen to Alan Green. How would he shape up on TV?

I remember two classics from his time on football Italia.

Tottenham were bottom of the league in England in the autumn one season. He say "After the break we discuss week eleven of the season.......and I don't mean Spurs".

Real Madrid were reportedly planning a world record bid for Beckham. Richardson holds up a photo of Posh & Becks and says "Will England's most expensive boot be heading to Spain?.....that's the one on the left".

Richardson would be wasted on Sky. As much as Colin Murray's a decent fella, that MOTD2 gig should belong to Jimbo. Dude's extremely knowledgeable, witty as hell and - without wishing to sound faggy - is hardly untelegenic. Hard to understand why he appears to be persona non grata at the BBC; he must have shagged Niall Sloane's wife/daughter/cat or something. I wouldn't put it past him, the suave bastard.

I can't believe people are actually missing Smashmouth and Gray! Bunch of battered wives you lot.

It's a poorer show without them, for sure, as I pointed out when they were sacked and the muppets on here were as happy as pigs in slop.

Of course they were irritating twats, that was the point. They were entertaining irritating twats.

Now Sky's football coverage is as anodyne and tedious as the BBCs.