You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Good bye all this is my last post i cant be arsed with all this shit.

God knows the piss-taking that goes on on this site can be pretty brutal at times but nobody has invited more of it and come back smiling for more than Simon. A lot of it goes over the top and gets a bit snide and nasty but he puts up with it without getting dragged into petty squabbling.

The lad has a unique style and is one of the top characters on this site, when I see a new Simon thread it's always my first click. And let's not forget that he was one of the busiest movers 'n' shakers in the Kop Faithful campaign.

Let's give Simon a bit of love here and if he is really gone let's have a celebration of his input to the forum to remind us what we've lost.

So let's have your nominations for Simon's greatest hits, your tributes to his memory and your frantic appeals for his safe return.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one and only time I met Simon was the day of West Ham home game in November, we were having a Kop Faithful get together that night, but I met up with Simon and Steve in town around lunchtime, I was flying home on the Red Eye( which I subsequently missed but that's another story) so I had no change of clothes as I was planning on heading to airport after pubs stopped serving. Anyway by 2pm Simon had accidentally knocked over the pint of Guinness he was drinking over me having my shirt and jeans stinking for the day. We all ended up having a good night out either way and really enjoyed the beers with him and steve that day despite my smell!

He's a good lad Simon, really hope his job works out for him. I wasn't aware he'd gone off the forum, hopefully he's back soon.

The piss taking of Simon fucks me off most the times, I admit I joined in on the odd occasion when he first joined the forum not knowing him but then I spend an evening in his company and he's a genuinely lovely guy and despite his posting and people's perception of him is a bright and clever lad. Loves his Guiness too.

He's a top man and his knowledge of our team is second to none. Was hoping to meet up again but soon after I quit the band which was based in Warrington and haven't been back to those parts since and he's also moved on so it's obviously not happened.

I've got a lot of time for Simon, hope to see him back on here.

Ah, he'll not be gone long. I've known him 20-odd years, and he's had countless strops over piss takes. He's a moody little bitch when he wants to be, but he always comes back for more.

He knows the pics are pretty tame really considering how well i know him, and he knows i'll not tell the really juicy stories - i'm not THAT mean!!

He'll be back on here within the week spouting about cooking and pikeys - i bet ya.

Ah, he'll not be gone long. I've known him 20-odd years, and he's had countless strops over piss takes. He's a moody little bitch when he wants to be, but he always comes back for more.

He knows the pics are pretty tame really considering how well i know him, and he knows i'll not tell the really juicy stories - i'm not THAT mean!!

He'll be back on here within the week spouting about cooking and pikeys - i bet ya.

Are you his mum?

Not sure I'd like someone I know coming on here and posting pictures of me to be honest, in fact they'd probably get a dig.

I reckon he'll be back on here when he's dug out his pictures of you.....

It was probably the straw that broke the camels back, there were a lot of particularly unsavoury posts teasing him about his dog. I always found them really harsh and unfair. Simon is a genuinely likeable poster and he's changed so much since he joined the forum and we all love his legendary threads.

Are you his mum?

Not sure I'd like someone I know coming on here and posting pictures of me to be honest, in fact they'd probably get a dig.

This.

It was a pretty cuntish thing to do. Simon might get a lot of stick, but he's a very popular poster and provides a lot of Laugh out loud moments for everyone on here.

But he'll be back.