You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dunking

MOGLET

Is dunking wrong  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is dunking wrong

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends what your dunking

Anything is fair game for dipping in.

Oh, and negged for using the work "dunking". This is England, not an episode of Friends.

Since when has "Dunking" not been English? you dont "Dip in a biccy" you Dunk it.

Since when has "Dunking" not been English? you dont "Dip in a biccy" you Dunk it.

From dictionary.com

1865–70, Americanism ; < Pennsylvania German dunke to dip, immerse; compare German tunken, Middle High German dunken, tunken, Old High German thunkōn, dunkōn

So, to answer your question, always.

Guest ShoePiss
My Mrs says im a fucking gouting pig, and all because I like to dunk a sandwich/toast/biscuit in my coffee.

So, dunking, wrong or not?

Biscuits are fine. Buttered toast is OK on occasion. Sandwiches? No.

After reading this I hope the world does end tomorrow.

There was a conversation in our work the other day about dipping toast in your tea, and a surprising amount of people do it.

I only wish I could have negged them all. I had to settle for giving them all a stern look of disgust and mumbling freaks under my breath.

I used to dunk cheese and onion crisps in my coffee, when i worked in the office.

Before you pass judgement, try it - i promise you its the future. The after taste is from another world.

Thank me later, but remember where you heard it first. Pioneer, me.