You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go away clown,

I wouldn't take a total stranger at his word,

Mr Usher might

Still not addressed the rest of the issue raised in my post, I see. Mainly because you don't have a sensible answer. Anyway, shouldn't you be jetting off to your friends in The Hamptons for the bank holiday weekend? Try not to fly through an ash cloud. Now jog on.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the greatest of respect,

where you not wary of him approaching this forum only,

plus he had no technical difficulties signing up when it suited him

But John, why would I care whether he approached other forums? He may have done, he may not have done, I don't know and don't care as it's not relevant. He said the official forums weren't allowing any discussion on the subject so he came to TLW. I don't see anything odd about that, TLW is a big forum so why wouldn't he come here with it?

As for the technical issues, I've been getting regular emails from people who have registered but then received an email saying they'd been refused due to being spammers, even when they aren't. Andrew said that had happened to him, which it clearly had as how else would he have known about that particular issue people were having?

It's an ongoing problem with the site because I got blitzed by spambots just after new year and had to make registration a bit stricter. If he hadn't tried to register he wouldn't have known that. As to why it worked the next day, who knows.

He's entitled to express his point of view, and I've got no problem with him doing that here. Anyone who has issues with what he has to say has the right to reply, and they have done.

If I'd known he was going to register then I'd have just let him post it himself as I originally suggested, but like I say he initially said he didn't feel the need to do that and was happy to just have his email put out there.

I don't get where you're going with this. Are you saying that I shouldn't have posted the email because it was critical of SoS?

Go away clown,

I wouldn't take a total stranger at his word,

Mr Usher might

Stop being so fucking melodramatic John.

I was asked to publish an email by one of the newly elected members of that fans committee. I did it on the thread in which those people were being discussed, and under the same circumstances I'd do it again. The only issue I have is that he then changed his mind and registered, which was what I suggested he did to begin with.

Everything he wrote may be spot on for all I know, or it may be complete bullshit. To be honest I don't care, it's not a subject I want to spend time reading about and certainly not one I want to talk about. Those who are interested can debate it on here all they like, as that's what a forum is for.

Just because I posted it for him, doesn't mean I'm saying it too. That was the point I was making, but it looks like it was lost on you. You can imagine how shocked I am by that.

Guest ShoePiss

Whether you agreed with it or not by posting it some people are always going to think you do agree with it.

You must have known that, saying you'd do it again doesn't make any sense since you're complaining about getting stick over it.

Guest ShoePiss

Seems ihave to explain the above comment, I knew quite well Dave was simply passing on a message, he'd made that very clear when it was posted. I personally had no problem with how it was done initially.

Nothing wrong with Dave passing the message on here. "Don't shoot the messenger" and all that. Nothing wrong with SOS having their right to a reply.

The only problem with this has been that Andrew has used his place on the committee specifically to air his petty gripes with SOS that have got nothing to do with his role on the committee.

It's made for an unsavoury thread which has got the supporters committee off to a bad start even before the first meeting.

Nothing wrong with Dave passing the message on here. "Don't shoot the messenger" and all that. Nothing wrong with SOS having their right to a reply.

The only problem with this has been that Andrew has used his place on the committee specifically to air his petty gripes with SOS that have got nothing to do with his role on the committee.

It's made for an unsavoury thread which has got the supporters committee off to a bad start even before the first meeting.

ritchie has said all that needs to be said right there

Whether you agreed with it or not by posting it some people are always going to think you do agree with it.

You must have known that, saying you'd do it again doesn't make any sense since you're complaining about getting stick over it.

I said under the same circumstances I'd do it. If I'd known he was going to change his mind and register then I wouldn't have posted it. But I didn't know that, that's what I meant by saying I'd do it again.

As for the first point, I didn't give that any consideration as I thought it was pretty obvious that I was simply publishing an email at the person's request. If people then jump to their own conclusions then that's on them.

The bottom line here is that this thread is about the new fans committee. One of those elected to the committee sent me an email which he asked me to publish. So I did. Why wouldn't I? It wasn't just some random fella, he was someone who has been elected as a fans representative and I'd have thought people would have been interested to hear from him, especially in a thread where people were discussing those committee members.

It doesn't mean I agreed with it, or disagreed with it. The guy had clearly researched it in great detail though, so why shouldn't those points be aired and then addressed by SoS? If he's wrong he'll be set straight, if he's right then people will make their own minds up on it, and on him.

I then hear I'm getting the 'anti SoS' accusations again, which I resent given that I've never posted anything negative about them and have actually supported them by paying my membership fees and by giving them space in the fanzine.

If I'm going to be slagged off I'd prefer it to be for things I have actually said rather than some myth about me slagging off SoS.

We and Andrew are certainly past the 'total stranger' stage now!

Congratulations, Liverpool fans at each others' throats again and one of the good guys thinking twice about doing someone else a favour from now on.

I'd call that a good first week's work.

Well done, mate. Well done.

Whatever the previous that this Andrew might have I really struggle to see how anyone would think worse of a forum that gave him the opportunity to raise his issues and have them answered, as is seemingly happening; well anyone with a brain anyway.

If anything it raises questions of clarity for the information on these funds and of the process of decisions at SOS. The idea that this thread has been unslightly is, in my opinion, something that people who must be aware of other gremlins from the past are feeling. It just looks to me like someone asking questions of SOS, albeit with possibly a little too much malice.

I vote against Durango chairing this discussion, it would too much of a break from tradition.

I don't get where you're going with this. Are you saying that I shouldn't have posted the email because it was critical of SoS?

I'm not suggesting for one minute that you shouldn't have posted the email because it was critical of SoS,

that's your prerogative

the only thing I'm remotely accusing you of it being gullible and naive,

when he said the official LFC wouldn't let him post that post,that would have set alarm bells off for me,

But Dave,

don't take offence,your not the only one duped by this crank,

the fans committee selection process were also taken in by him

Guest ShoePiss
Ballbag,

how many times do you need telling,

it's not in the Hamptons,

it's upstate New York

Is the offer still open by the way?

Ballbag,

how many times do you need telling,

it's not in the Hamptons,

it's upstate New York

Don't forget to pack your catheter, now. We wouldn't want piss stains all over those luxurious carpets.

Guest ShoePiss
What offer?

C'mon Dave,where else would you get a 7 page thread on TLW over the Raotl.

Deep down ye fuckin love it!

Whoever comes up with the best "put me down" can have a free fortnight in my Holiday Home in New York,no bullshit!

:D

Guest ShoePiss
It's in Lewis county,

you'll never guess it,

It begins with L and ends with a E,

get it, and there's a couple of weeks free accommodation in it for you

Lowville.

I'm bringing my dog, Kenny. He won't piss on your carpet unless another dog already has, he hasn't had his balls cut off so he doesn't like any fucker claiming anything. It's all his.