You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Being Socially Inept

Antynwa

I'm not going to lie I struggle in social situations and tend to put my foot in my mouth a fair few times. I say stupid things, I speak too fast and I'm barely understandable.

A few weeks ago I was having a meal with a friend who I have known for a while, I shook his hand and said 'Nice to meet you' why? I've met him like 6 fucking times.

I went through the McDonalds drive thru a few days back and someone told me to go to the next window...So I said 'No Thanks'. In short I'm a fucking idiot in social situations.

Anyone else got similar stories.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a massive fear of handshakes. When do you shake someones hand? Who initiates the handshake? Do I stare at their hand until they offer it but what if my eye line is too high and they're left hanging thinking I'm a nob. Do you shake when exiting the room?

I have a habit of saying something I'm not supposed to say, i.e. a secret or that.

I find it hard to know what to do with women in a business sense, kiss on the cheek? shake hand? fuck knows.

I tend to say the wrong things during sex, I was kicking a lads backdoor in one day and I thought it would do it for him to say 'you like that don't you, you fucking faggot', but he flipped out as to why I would use THAT word.

Occasionally I shag women too and thats even worse as they are mental, I was banging some tart years ago and said something out of SD's vocabularly like 'i'm gonna fuck you like a bitch in heat, you dirty cunt' and she didn't like that.

Basically, I am socially inept in the bedroom and should shut the fuck up and enjoy it.

"See you later.... Joben"

iloveyouman-still1.jpg

Thats me that is.

I also mix my words up a lot on the phone ie. "chanks for that" or "speak you later" etc. I think it's a mixture of nervous politeness and my awful ability to decipher a word in my head into speech quick enough so as not to sound like a mong prolonging a strained conversation.

I'm not going to lie I struggle in social situations and tend to put my foot in my mouth a fair few times. I say stupid things, I speak too fast and I'm barely understandable.

A few weeks ago I was having a meal with a friend who I have known for a while, I shook his hand and said 'Nice to meet you' why? I've met him like 6 fucking times.

I went through the McDonalds drive thru a few days back and someone told me to go to the next window...So I said 'No Thanks'. In short I'm a fucking idiot in social situations.

Do you smoke cannabis? That's how I was when I was on it.

This explains a lot of your posts and tweets.

Seriously though Ant, wouldn't worry about it. Wouldn't say it was being socially inept or anything like that, just a bit soft, nowt wrong with that.

We all say stuff like that at times. You can manage a conversation in public. Not like a load of the retards I've met over the years who can't function outside of their couch and a can of stella in their hand, and the comfort zone of their front garden, in the real world.

When I do shit like you mention, I just give a cheeky wink and smile.

Don't look too much into it.

I have a habit of saying something I'm not supposed to say, i.e. a secret or that.

I find it hard to know what to do with women in a business sense, kiss on the cheek? shake hand? fuck knows.

I tend to say the wrong things during sex, I was kicking a lads backdoor in one day and I thought it would do it for him to say 'you like that don't you, you fucking faggot', but he flipped out as to why I would use THAT word.

Occasionally I shag women too and thats even worse as they are mental, I was banging some tart years ago and said something out of SD's vocabularly like 'i'm gonna fuck you like a bitch in heat, you dirty cunt' and she didn't like that.

Basically, I am socially inept in the bedroom and should shut the fuck up and enjoy it.

I'd really like to meet you, you sound great, when are you free?

Guest TK-421
Man the fuck up and stop being a bitch.

The only time I would describe myself as "socially inept" is on occasions in a uni lecture when a lecturer singles me out in front of 200 people to answer a question that I have no idea about.

I hate that. It still happens on courses I go on.

Leave me alone. I'm in my own little world and it's pretty cool here.

"Would you like to work in groups or discuss the scenario with the person sitting next to you?"

"No, fuck off."

Depends on the environment, if i'm in a place out of my comfort zone i muddle my words out. I'm off to a formal end of season bash for the group i get on the coach with for a sporting event. I know i'm going to struggle so told them to put me on a table with people i know well. They're putting me on a table with the two biggest piss head reprobates that go. I've got a feeling we may not last the night before the bouncers step in.

I also put my foot in it when meeting people for the first time far too often.

Nah, I'm outstanding in social situations, strange really as the majority of people bore me immensely. When it comes to social cues, reading body language, spotting bullshitters, reading people, reading a room's mood etc, I'm some kind of freak. I can see people coming a mile away and tend to hate people before they reveal their true colours and are hated by everyone else. I'd make an exceptional conman.

I am this way too. I am horrible in public or social situations. I have a hard time maintaining small talk and never know when the other party is done. Just a while ago a senior colleague was talking and I go all right and was about to walk off to realize he wasnt done, he`d just paused.

Yesterday boss talking about waterfall powerpoint slides in some presentation and asks if I know what a waterfall is. My response very quicka nd fat so tongue slipped is my best guess "Of course I know what a watatwatatwatwa is".

what the fuck

The boss and the other girl in the room just looked at me like i was mental.

Another one that comes to mind is when I interviewed at a company my cousin worked at. He took me around and I was talkin to his boss who finishes with "Hope you have a good flight back". I go "You too". My bro just looked at me like i was weird and gave me some ribbing as he drove me back. Needless to say dint get an offer.

Another one that comes to mind is when I interviewed at a company my cousin worked at. He took me around and I was talkin to his boss who finishes with "Hope you have a good flight back". I go "You too". My bro just looked at me like i was weird and gave me some ribbing as he drove me back. Needless to say dint get an offer.

I used to say stuff like that when I was 22. I think when I stopped smoking weed everyday my brain rebooted and started working properly. *brohugs*

I've never been the life and soul of any social situation, and normally look to others for the ice breaker because I feel a bit awkward and embarrassed otherwise. That said, even I know not to use stuff like http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/gf-general-forum/101382-how-much-would-you-have-paid-have-threesome-krankies.html#post2792996 as an ice breaker. As for dancefloors, those are for other people.