You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only met a few lads off here. I met Dirk the other week to watch a match, as he's down this neck off the woods now. Nice lad. I'll doubtlessly catch up with him a bit over the coming season to catch a few more.

I also met Tyler Durden to flog a few tickets I had spare. Good lad, but it was only brief.

I also recognise Tom R, from Crosby boozers in years gone by and think we have some mutual former mates/ acquaintances.

It's a tough one. There's been opportunities to meet people in the past with nights out and stuff but the eppeal of the site is that it's still 'anonymous' to a degree.

I walked past Woo once outside the game. He's on my Facebook but he didn't recognise me. He was laying down the law to two other lads - the guy can hold court I'll give him that.

Guest TK-421
I also recognise Tom R, from Crosby boozers in years gone by and think we have some mutual former mates/ acquaintances.

Have you bummed the same sisters?

It's a tough one. There's been opportunities to meet people in the past with nights out and stuff but the eppeal of the site is that it's still 'anonymous' to a degree.

I walked past Woo once outside the game. He's on my Facebook but he didn't recognise me. He was laying down the law to two other lads - the guy can hold court I'll give him that.

I remember we planned to meet up on a couple of occasions years ago, back in 2006 when we were both new to the site but the gigs the band were booked for kept getting cancelled so I had to bail on two occasions at the last minute.

Fucking promoters. I think I came closest to meeting the elusive Section though. Surely there's a prize in that somewhere.

I remember we planned to meet up on a couple of occasions years ago, back in 2006 when we were both new to the site but the gigs the band were booked for kept getting cancelled so I had to bail on two occasions at the last minute.

Fucking promoters. I think I came closest to meeting the elusive Section though. Surely there's a prize in that somewhere.

Ha yeah remember that. Man it must be pushing two years since I've been out in wire. Shame, top summer drinking and outstanding flange.

Rog, you cropped up in conversation at our house the other day. One of the lads in my daughter's class has started driving Formula Renault and was at spa the other weekend. What sort of level is that? The spec of the car seemed pretty ace. he is still only 15 and had to do a maturity test to get dispensation to drive in the competition. I assume the maturity test is being able to say breasts without giggling or something like that. I would fail that.
Formula Renault might be a pretty decent level. He certainly wants to be there by 16 at the latest. It's a natural progression from karting which is, I'm guessing where he cut his teeth. Spa is rather an awe-inspiring place to start off in anything, let alone a Formula Renault. Like anything else though, there's loads of different levels. The Renault World Series is massive and a serious stepping-stone to F1. I can pretty much guarantee he won't be in that. So more info needed really. To give you an idea though, the 2.0 Formula Renault lapped Spa only five or six seconds slower than a Radical SR8 (the one I drive) this year. We are fucking quick round there - quicker than some of the LMP2 cars - so the 2.0 Renault is not exactly slow.

Erm, wake up at the back please.

Thing is RiS, there are possibly 20 drivers in the UK who make money racing cars and the opportunities here are extraordinary. The money and dedication, quite apart from the phenomenal levels of skill and (yes) diminutive physical size necessary to make a career in motorsport exclude all but the tiny minority. He'll need a lot of money, huge skill, as well as a single-mindedness where he's even prepared to sell his mother in order to get in a car, to even stand a chance of getting into the a vague chance of "making it".

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've only met a few lads off here. I met Dirk the other week to watch a match, as he's down this neck off the woods now. Nice lad. I'll doubtlessly catch up with him a bit over the coming season to catch a few more.

I also met Tyler Durden to flog a few tickets I had spare. Good lad, but it was only brief.

Cant believe he charged me quadruple face value for them, some forum spirit that.

All jokes aside I reckon there are bound to be people who Id recognise off here from the match (if everyone walked round wearing forum nametags that is) but Im an anti social bastard so Id probably say fuck all anyway.

I met a few at the Sunderland game last year. Melons, Pierre, Dave U, UEM, Agt Provocatuer, Juan Galonso, Redknight, Liverpool Lad (Who moaned that I was the only reason he was at the game) and KopiteGaz. It was daunting at first going up to the TLW 'crew' outside the ground, but I enjoyed it.

I also met Doh'nuts over here a few months back, who was also good company. Melons also tried to entice me out when her and SKI were over here a month ago, but I had prior engagements.

If I had to pick someone It would have to be Section or Remmie.