You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, poor tongue tied Ken Clarke. Ken Clarke who has spent 30 years as a QC, 40 years as a member of parliament, Paymaster General, Health Sec., Education Sec., Home Sec., Justice Sec., Business Sec., or Chancellor of the fucking Exchequer. The poor guy is well known for his poor ability for speaking in public.

It's probably his lack of experience that lead him to refer to some rapes as the 'serious' kind and try to separate 'Date Rape' from those, and talk about 'classic rape'. Not offensive at all. Not even when he laughed when questioned about it. Women, especially those who have been raped, seem to be loving his comments.

He deserves the condemnation over this. To dismiss those people's reactions as 'nonsense' and call his actions 'nothing' is pretty shocking on your part, I' have to say. Well, I guess I don't have to, but I will.

Aren't you meant to be independent or something? Like Ed Milliband, you've made yourself look like a right bellend here. Weak shit.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Aren't you meant to be independent or something? Like Ed Milliband, you've made yourself look like a right bellend here. Weak shit.

I'm not 'meant' to be anything. What I am is liberal and a feminist. Given your views, I'm sure you do see that as a weakness. Nice counter argument though. Again.

Kenneth Clarke, Jesus, he's been around for Donkeys' years. Hasn't he had enough by now. Is he the only survivor of the Thatcher years? Must be. Never used to mind him actually, he along with Hesseltine and Douglas Hurd were the only Tories I could stomach; honourable mention to Geoffrey Howe for his broken Cricket bat speech. I found politics fascinating back then, probably because I was a young man. It bores the tits off me now though, the more things change an all that.

Kenneth Clarke, Jesus, he's been around for Donkeys' years. Hasn't he had enough by now. Is he the only survivor of the Thatcher years? Must be. Never used to mind him actually, he along with Hesseltine and Douglas Hurd were the only Tories I could stomach; honourable mention to Geoffrey Howe for his broken Cricket bat speech. I found politics fascinating back then, probably because I was a young man. It bores the tits off me now though, the more things change an all that.

For all the fact they were repugnant tories they were at least willing to say what they thought, even if I thought it abhorant.

Kind of why I liked Alan Clark.