You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chorizo

Love the stuff. There's always a whole chorizo sausage in my fridge.

In other news - Anyone who pronounces it chu-reez-o or even worse, chur-itz-o, is a cunt.

It's pronounced chu-reeth-o, and nothing else will suffice.

Thanks for listening.

Well, yeah. COS THAT'S HOW THEY'RE PRONOUNCED.

Here is a boss little mini-paella recipe for you all utilising the awesome powers of chorizo:

Boil some rice and stick it to one side.

Chop half a red chilli in to small pieces and fry in some olive oil along with some crushed or chopped garlic (don't cook too high or you'll burn the garlic)

After about 3 or 4 minutes remove the chilli and garlic and stick a few chunky slices of chorizo in the infused oil.

Cook the chorizo until it starts to go all nice and brown on the outside.

At this point, add some chopped onions and peppers and fry until almost soft.

Now stick some small pieces of chicken in there, and cook them bitches too. I like to add some more garlic about now as well, as it won't burn at this stage.

When chicken is cooked, stir your rice in and let it soak up all the chilli/garlic/chorizo goodness.

Stick a lid on the pan and simmer on the lowest heat possible for about 5 minutes or so.

Then eat it. Then rep me.

Love the stuff. There's always a whole chorizo sausage in my fridge.

In other news - Anyone who pronounces it chu-reez-o or even worse, chur-itz-o, is a cunt.

It's pronounced chu-reeth-o, and nothing else will suffice.

Thanks for listening.

Anyone who says Chu-reeth-o whilst speaking English (unless they are Spanish) just sounds like a complete idiot. Much the same as anyone who does not pronounce the s in Paris whilst speaking in English sounds like a complete idiot.

And if your arguement is thats how they say it is Spain, well, it is not all of Spain that say it like that anyway as, surprise surprise, they have different accents, so in some parts of Spain (as well as practically all of Latin America) they say Cho-reez-o

Anyone who says chur-itz-o is just a fucktard who has confused Italian with Spanish.

That looks bloody lovely, Jorge. Where can you buy it?

Spain. But I imagine Sainsburys/Waitrose might do it in the fancy foreign food aisle? I always bring it back for family when I come so, if you do bowl over, don't forget to stock up on nov-el-ty meat products.

By the way, chorizo in cider (not Strongbow etc, surprisingly enough) or chorizo in brandy as a tapas is fooking lovely.

Also, Tom... sorry to be a paella-snob but that recipe should not have that name attached! Sounds more like a risotto or, possibly 'chorizo, chicken and rice'. People have lost limbs for less.

Incidentally, whilst we're pronouncing foreign shit poshly; 'pa-ey-a' or 'pie-ella'?

Well, yeah. COS THAT'S HOW THEY'RE PRONOUNCED.

Here is a boss little mini-paella recipe for you all utilising the awesome powers of chorizo:

Boil some rice and stick it to one side.

Chop half a red chilli in to small pieces and fry in some olive oil along with some crushed or chopped garlic (don't cook too high or you'll burn the garlic)

After about 3 or 4 minutes remove the chilli and garlic and stick a few chunky slices of chorizo in the infused oil.

Cook the chorizo until it starts to go all nice and brown on the outside.

At this point, add some chopped onions and peppers and fry until almost soft.

Now stick some small pieces of chicken in there, and cook them bitches too. I like to add some more garlic about now as well, as it won't burn at this stage.

When chicken is cooked, stir your rice in and let it soak up all the chilli/garlic/chorizo goodness.

Stick a lid on the pan and simmer on the lowest heat possible for about 5 minutes or so.

Then eat it. Then rep me.

Pfft. I bet you sound like a nobber, despite the stunning good looks.

Anyone who says Chu-reeth-o whilst speaking English (unless they are Spanish) just sounds like a complete idiot. Much the same as anyone who does not pronounce the s in Paris whilst speaking in English sounds like a complete idiot.

And if your arguement is thats how they say it is Spain, well, it is not all of Spain that say it like that anyway as, surprise surprise, they have different accents, so in some parts of Spain (as well as practically all of Latin America) they say Cho-reez-o

Anyone who says chur-itz-o is just a fucktard who has confused Italian with Spanish.

Yep

i've been speaking spanish for about 26 years, on and off, and I like to think I'm relatively fluent. I've spoken Spanish in at least 10 regions of Spain and in 4 or 5 altogether separate spanish speaking countries.

In all those parts of Spain and in all those countries, without exception, it has always been CHU REETH O.

And not because of some regional quirk of dialect, it's just because that's what it's called!!

See also - Moet & Chandon.

apart from being a distinctly average and grossly over priced Champagne, it's pronounced Mow-et, and absolutely not Mow-ey as every wannabe Delboy would like you to believe.

Spain. But I imagine Sainsburys/Waitrose might do it in the fancy foreign food aisle? I always bring it back for family when I come so, if you do bowl over, don't forget to stock up on nov-el-ty meat products.

By the way, chorizo in cider (not Strongbow etc, surprisingly enough) or chorizo in brandy as a tapas is fooking lovely.

Also, Tom... sorry to be a paella-snob but that recipe should not have that name attached! Sounds more like a risotto or, possibly 'chorizo, chicken and rice'. People have lost limbs for less.

Incidentally, whilst we're pronouncing foreign shit poshly; 'pa-ey-a' or 'pie-ella'?

Aye. I know it's not a paella, but it's paella-esque in that it's meat and rice.

Either way, it's fucking boss. So boss we had it for tea tonight.

BOOM!

i've been speaking spanish for about 26 years, on and off, and I like to think I'm relatively fluent. I've spoken Spanish in at least 10 regions of Spain and in 4 or 5 altogether separate spanish speaking countries.

In all those parts of Spain and in all those countries, without exception, it has always been CHU REETH O.

And not because of some regional quirk of dialect, it's just because that's what it's called!!

See also - Moet & Chandon.

apart from being a distinctly average and grossly over priced Champagne, it's pronounced Mow-et, and absolutely not Mow-ey as every wannabe Delboy would like you to believe.

Hijo de puta!

If you say it that way whilst speaking Spanish, that is fine, but if you say it whilst speaking English, you are either a hooray henry or Australian and you also say parsta.

Should we call you Henry from now on?

after initial sceptism i´ve gradually grown quite fond of chorizo with lime and a few beers.

good shout on the morcilla, i´ve used morcilla filling in all sorts of different dishes, a morcilla filled shepherds pie being a notable success.

its chorizo pronounced with a z for me but i don´t speak with a spanish accent tio.