You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Coalition

Sugar Ape

Will the coalition last the full 5 years?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will the coalition last the full 5 years?

I think the north views the Tories as the party of the south, but that itself is probably not even accurate. They're the party of wealth and vested interest groups. They used to be the party of 'the establishment' as was, but now they're far more dangerous - they're the party of the megacorporation and of the international superclass. I hate them so much it actually hurts my bones, but what I hate more is the fact they people of England tolerate them.

I think that is because a lot of dullards aspire to be middle class. There is not so much a class system in Scotland I think it is a peculiar English thing.

I play golf with multi millionaires and a guy that brushes up at the harbour, We all pay 400 quid a year the club house is falling down and the cans of tennents are warm but we enjoy the course and the laugh. That would never happen in England. The superclass exists in Scotland but has very little places to hide.

Tell me if Liverpool and a line east could join Scotland and form an independent state would you vote for it?

I am sure you would but unfortunately you will never have the opportunity.

That opportunity will shortly present itself to Scotland and fuck it why not.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that is because a lot of dullards aspire to be middle class. There is not so much a class system in Scotland I think it is a peculiar English thing.

I play golf with multi millionaires and a guy that brushes up at the harbour, We all pay 400 quid a year the club house is falling down and the cans of tennents are warm but we enjoy the course and the laugh. That would never happen in England. The superclass exists in Scotland but has very little places to hide.

Tell me if Liverpool and a line east could join Scotland and form an independent state would you vote for it?I am sure you would but unfortunately you will never have the opportunity.

That opportunity will shortly present itself to Scotland and fuck it why not.

In all fairness I probably would. This is two countries, it always has been, you don't really realise it until you venture past Crewe. The south has a different pace of life, different values, different standard of living, different aspirations. The north is pretty hellish if we're being totally honest with ourselves. We like to console ourselves with bollocks about the people being friendlier, but that's cold comfort when I'm walking through a town centre that consists entirely of charity shops and a king-sized B&M.

If after voting for the libs in huge numbers at the last election as a direct rejection of tory policies and labour , you remember no tuition fees, PR all that gubbins to have that end up with a tory government will not be forgotten.

I hope people in Scotland do remember why they have no tuition fees up there.

If you get in to bed with a total arsehole then don't be surprised when he fucks you.

I think you're getting the Cocks, Pussies and Arsehole theory a little mixed up. Go and watch Team America again, then come and try again.

As for the LDs, they won't pull out because they know they will be decimated right now. They need to hope the economic environment improves so they can at least claim some success before even considering pulling out. It'll take a hell of a manifesto to get me to vote for them again, that's for sure.

I hope people in Scotland do remember why they have no tuition fees up there.

Enlighten me SD. If you claim it for the lib dem you can fuck off and if you claim it as a subsidy from England I will kindley ask for our 9 billion a year oil revenue back if you please. Or do you as most people think that the oil is English because the Scots are heathen peasants who would never have managed to get it out the ground without the fine Englishman.

Enlighten me SD. If you claim it for the lib dem you can fuck off

It is the truth though. Abolishing tuition fees was a condition for going into coalition with Labour in the first Scottish Parliament.

Tuition fees in the United Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

University funding became an issue following Scottish devolution when the Labour Party and Liberal Democrats formed a coalition government. The Liberal Democrats had made tuition fees a "non-negotiable" element of their election manifesto and therefore a potential stumbling block to forming the coalition. Labour, the majority party in the coalition had, only one year previously, introduced tuition fees in the United Kingdom of up to £1000 a year and had also abolished maintenance grants.