You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Kevins boys his club

about 15 year ago the schoolboy league in Ireland took Coventry to court over Coventry taken one of the clubs players without compensation. The player was Willie Boland and I think the club was Cherry Orchard.

Anyway the court ruled in the Irish league favour and they got about £500k.

Since then English clubs have to compensate clubs when they take there players, this deal seems huge and I doubt the £2m figure is accurate, it's most likely £500k to the club, and if he makes LFC first team then an extra £1m.

Every team in Britain and beyond wanted this lad, and Real Madrid sent officials over to try sign him a couple of weeks ago.

Normally when lads go on trial if the club offer them an apprenticeship then the schoolboy club get around £50k, this just seems like an exceptional deal for an exceptional youngster

I see. Sounds only fair.

Cheers for the info, Paddy.

Imagine the buzz when you're 15 and Liverpool have just signed you! Probably a bit nerve wracking at the same time but must be a fucking awesome feeling.

If I was 15 and being courted by as many clubs as has been reported about this lad, and I finally signed for Liverpool, I would think I was fecking bullet proof.

St Kevins boys his club

about 15 year ago the schoolboy league in Ireland took Coventry to court over Coventry taken one of the clubs players without compensation. The player was Willie Boland and I think the club was Cherry Orchard.

Since then English clubs have to compensate clubs when they take there players, this deal seems huge and I doubt the £2m figure is accurate, it's most likely £500k to the club, and if he makes LFC first team then an extra £1m.

Every team in Britain and beyond wanted this lad, and Real Madrid sent officials over to try sign him a couple of weeks ago.

Normally when lads go on trial if the club offer them an apprenticeship then the schoolboy club get around £50k, this just seems like an exceptional deal for an exceptional youngster

Paddy - Were you aware of this kid prior to the news breaking or has it come out of the blue?

Damien Duff signed for Blackburn in 1996, the year Kenny departed Blackburn, I think, as their DOF. Don't know how much of a hand Kenny had in signing Duff or if he did most of the groundwork to have the deal in place.

Duff was signed from Irish club Leicester Celtic. Interestingly, though, St. Kevin's Boys was one of the other clubs he played for in Ireland.

Damien Duff signed for Blackburn in 1996, the year Kenny departed Blackburn, I think, as their DOF. Don't know how much of a hand Kenny had in signing Duff or if he did most of the groundwork to have the deal in place.

Duff was signed from Irish club Leicester Celtic. Interestingly, though, St. Kevin's Boys was one of the other clubs he played for in Ireland.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Duff signed because of Kenny.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Duff signed because of Kenny.

Pat Devlin scouted for us and Blackburn and he was big part of the Duff deal, he also acted as Duff's agent/go between.

We are supposedly taking another lad from Kevins, a midfielder, Jack Byrne too.

Paddy - Were you aware of this kid prior to the news breaking or has it come out of the blue?

I've a friend of mines who's lad is in the same team who mentioned a couple of players off that team are exceptional the other been a lad called Jack Byrne. That was a few months back never thought anything of it until I heard we were close to getting him last week, so I called a couple of mates with kids similar age who play against him regularly for opinions, I posted on the forum about him Saturday.

I've never seen him play mate, just going off lads that watch him most weeks views.

LFC have an official link up with Kevins, that current side has about 6 players in the ireland youth squad so there doing something right at that club

I've a friend of mines who's lad is in the same team who mentioned a couple of players off that team are exceptional the other been a lad called Jack Byrne. That was a few months back never thought anything of it until I heard we were close to getting him last week, so I called a couple of mates with kids similar age who play against him regularly for opinions, I posted on the forum about him Saturday.

I've never seen him play mate, just going off lads that watch him most weeks views.

LFC have an official link up with Kevins, that current side has about 6 players in the ireland youth squad so there doing something right at that club

Ta la.

St Kevins boys his club

Hi Trucker Paddy,

dont think the plater you are remembering is Willie Boland, he went to Coventry from Carew Park in Limerick not Cherry Orchard, and I wouldn't imagine Carew got that much money. He would have gone very early 90's as well.

Isn't that Jack Byrne already signed up with the club or has recently been on a trial here.