You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

..and how did your morning start?

Woke up at 7AM, went downstairs to let the dog )Labrador retriever) do his morning business. We also have a cat who comes and goes as he pleases, so he went out as well. He's got a little bell he wears around his collar, so I hear him jingle-jingle. As he goes round the shed in the back, the jingling stops. Meanwhile, the Lab is going for his morning shite. Next thing, there is scruffing, thumping noises coming from behind the shed, and the cat's bell sounds like Santa Claus ringing his sleigh bells. wtf is going on? I've got no shoes on, and then the cat comes from out behind the shed with a morning dove in his mouth. The dogs sees this, loses his mind and starts jumping up and down like a prancing horse, causing the cat to release the bird. The dove can hardly fly, but tries and cannot gain any altitude. The bird alomst makes it out of the back yard, but the dog gets it. However, not being true to the breed, it does not retrieve the bird, but starts trying to eat the dove. Now, I don't want my dog to get bird flu, so I start running towards him. Barefoot. Halfway towards him I put my foot down into a nice, still steaming pile of dog poo. Lovely stuff, and slippery as well. I go down like our no. 8, but unlike Emily, I get right back up and manage to get the dog to drop the dove, who know has hardly any feathers left from either fright or being plucked by the cat and then the dog.

Two of my children found this display rather amusing, especially me hopping on one foot in the house to get in the bath to remove the squishy Lab shite from between my toes. The other, more sensitive one, was quite annoyed and despondant at the cat.

So, like Vladi's anal sex story- someone has to take the fall-

should I 1- put the cat down

2- put the dog down

3- wear shoes to bed

4- remove the bird feeder from behind the shed

5- get rid of the children

Woke up at 7AM, went downstairs to let the dog )Labrador retriever) do his morning business. We also have a cat who comes and goes as he pleases, so he went out as well. He's got a little bell he wears around his collar, so I hear him jingle-jingle. As he goes round the shed in the back, the jingling stops. Meanwhile, the Lab is going for his morning shite. Next thing, there is scruffing, thumping noises coming from behind the shed, and the cat's bell sounds like Santa Claus ringing his sleigh bells. wtf is going on? I've got no shoes on, and then the cat comes from out behind the shed with a morning dove in his mouth. The dogs sees this, loses his mind and starts jumping up and down like a prancing horse, causing the cat to release the bird. The dove can hardly fly, but tries and cannot gain any altitude. The bird alomst makes it out of the back yard, but the dog gets it. However, not being true to the breed, it does not retrieve the bird, but starts trying to eat the dove. Now, I don't want my dog to get bird flu, so I start running towards him. Barefoot. Halfway towards him I put my foot down into a nice, still steaming pile of dog poo. Lovely stuff, and slippery as well. I go down like our no. 8, but unlike Emily, I get right back up and manage to get the dog to drop the dove, who know has hardly any feathers left from either fright or being plucked by the cat and then the dog.

Two of my children found this display rather amusing, especially me hopping on one foot in the house to get in the bath to remove the squishy Lab shite from between my toes. The other, more sensitive one, was quite annoyed and despondant at the cat.

So, like Vladi's anal sex story- someone has to take the fall-

should I 1- put the cat down

2- put the dog down

3- wear shoes to bed

4- remove the bird feeder from behind the shed

5- get rid of the children

or 6- All of the above ! ;)