You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you agree with euthanasia?

lifetime fan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Everyone has to look into their own soul on this. There is no right and wrong answer.

My pa died of cancer. I hoped he would survive even when he went into hospital. A few days before he died, I saw him naked from the waist up, his body wrecked and devastated. My pa didnt have a body builder's frame but he wasnt flabby either. He looked like one of those poor souls you see in the concentration camps when they were liberated at the end of the 2nd world war.

I would have gladly ended my pa's sufferring there and then. When I got home I just broke down and cried like a baby seeing him like that.

So yes, I would agree with it, just not a blanket policy. it has to involve the family.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Everyone has to look into their own soul on this. There is no right and wrong answer.

My pa died of cancer. I hoped he would survive even when he went into hospital. A few days before he died, I saw him naked from the waist up, his body wrecked and devastated. My pa didnt have a body builder's frame but he wasnt flabby either. He looked like one of those poor souls you see in the concentration camps when they were liberated at the end of the 2nd world war.

I would have gladly ended my pa's sufferring there and then. When I got home I just broke down and cried like a baby seeing him like that.

So yes, I would agree with it, just not a blanket policy. it has to involve the family.

Yeah my dad was the same at the end with cancer. Carers were bathing him, which was so out of character for him as he was very private and old school.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been reading loads of stuff about suicides and particularly the golden gate bridge suicides after watching a video (I think it was Bruce or maybe Yorkshire) posted on the Bridges thread. Shook me to the core watching it, seriously makes you think about how deep and dark in your mind mentally you must have to be to take your own life. Its right to try and stop suicides, out of the 30 or so survivors who have been spoken too who jumped off that bridge only one went back and did it again. Apparently when your feet leave the bridge you get that moment of clarity you've been searching for. 

Not sure how relevant that is to euthanasia but .... I don't know. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've been reading loads of stuff about suicides and particularly the golden gate bridge suicides after watching a video (I think it was Bruce or maybe Yorkshire) posted on the Bridges thread. Shook me to the core watching it, seriously makes you think about how deep and dark in your mind mentally you must have to be to take your own life. Its right to try and stop suicides, out of the 30 or so survivors who have been spoken too who jumped off that bridge only one went back and did it again. Apparently when your feet leave the bridge you get that moment of clarity you've been searching for. 

Not sure how relevant that is to euthanasia but .... I don't know. 

Euthanasia is a procedure done under supervision in a medical facility. It's a far cry from jumping off a bridge.

• Upvote 1

I agree that people should decide if they wish to die. I get annoyed by what I see as disingenuous statements from the anti lobby. "People shouldn't be bullied into taking their own lives" etc. 

I don't know of a single person who thinks once the law is passed people should be able to be bullied or coerced in it. Very strick and stringent regulations will need to be put in place and the pro lobby believe this as much as anyone.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Euthanasia is a procedure done under supervision in a medical facility. It's a far cry from jumping off a bridge.

Has there ever been a more 3 Stacks post on the forum than this?

Never change, Stacksy.  Never change.

I'm honestly not sure. 

I agree it should be the individuals choice. Not sure I could go through with it. I know I wouldn't want to be stuck in a bad position, waking up as I did in hospital with the only movement being my fingers and rolling my head to the left I know I couldn't live my life like that. But actually going through with ending things I don't know. 

A person with a terminal disease should have a choice and as long as a process is followed so its left with no doubt this is the wishes of that person then why wouldn't you allow it. Is there pleasure in watching a person suffer. 

On a different note I remember listening to a radio presenter saying he's been troubled about death ever since a psychic told him "DO NOT! go towards the light, it is a trap"

• Upvote 1