You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you agree with euthanasia?

lifetime fan

6 minutes ago, Seasons said:

It's comparing two laws at two different points in two different circumstances in one particular country. 

For instance, in an ideal world, DNAR would work perfectly. It would be allow a natural end to a particular group of peoples lives knowing that any further medical intervention/survival would result in a worse quality of life. In a perfect world, euthanasia would work within similar contexts. 

As DNAR is already in play, I think the only way you'd move forward is to case review and improve the criteria and decision-making to reduce the events as you've described - as any serious case review works currently. The difference between DNAR and euthanasia is one is attempting to save the patient and one is attempting to kill the patient. We view CPR as a positive and any mistake in euthanasia is likely to be seen as murder/malpractice. Therefore, I'd prefer (and it's only an opinion) if the weight of the latter had higher conditions due to the decision overriding a natural state of events. 

I think I've made sense but if not let me reread it tomorrow, I've been up since 6am Monday morning so apologies if I'm talking bollocks at the moment. 

Lost with this...

• Upvote 1

I think people should have the choice to end their own life and many do without any permission. Why you are doing it matters in the case of a terminal illness I can certainly understand it. What clouds the issue is money, and anyone that has been invloved in such matters will understand exactly what I am saying there. I have my method already researched if I ever need it and it is quick and painless.

15 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

I think people should have the choice to end their own life and many do without any permission. Why you are doing it matters in the case of a terminal illness I can certainly understand it. What clouds the issue is money, and anyone that has been invloved in such matters will understand exactly what I am saying there. I have my method already researched if I ever need it and it is quick and painless.

Are you going to live on a farm? 

56 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Thats grim SD. Go and talk to someone. 

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Are you going to live on a farm? 

What a strange question. The answer of course is no.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Thats grim SD. Go and talk to someone. 

Having survived a health scare it was appropriate at the time to consider these things. As such I did research on the matter, I've watched a too young close friend die in great pain and that is not how I wish to leave. I do not want to go in to too much detail.

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

Having survived a health scare it was appropriate at the time to consider these things. As such I did research on the matter, I've watched a too young close friend die in great pain and that is not how I wish to leave. I do not want to go in to too much detail.

Sorry to hear that. 

Why did you choose the name Strontium Dog? 

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

11 minutes ago, Strontium Dog said:

What a strange question. The answer of course is no.

When I was a kid a dog didn’t die, it ‘went to live on a farm’. That’s all I meant. 

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Sorry to hear that. 

Why did you choose the name Strontium Dog? 

I have been taking Strontium Ranelate in a trial for a condition, it came with some pretty horrible side effects at least for me. It sounded good, during my many hours late at night looking it up I came across the character.

• Upvote 1