You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Today's games

The Chef

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, I cant wait for the English media to use this one. of course they wont, because its them foriegn bastards, Real Madrid and Barcelona, who surround referees and are ruining the intregrity of the sport.

So, thats 2008, 2009 and 2011 where a dodgy decision has gave them the league in the game that virtually wins them the league. No bias at all, none whatsoever.

I ran into WaltonRed when I was out having a pint last weekend and we were talking about the Mancs getting to 19 and 'knocking us off our perch.' He mentioned the famous line uttered by John Smith when he said that "we'll all be in trouble when that lot up the road get their act together" and said that he gets the feeling that the Mancs are saying the same thing about us now.

It's something that I very much agree with him on. For me, the actions of FSG in the last few months in securing the record kit deal and the genius marketing link-up with Lebron James have shown just how ineptly we've been ran as a football club for the past 20 odd years. While the Mancs we're busy stamping their badge on every possible product and rapidly increasing the capacity of Old Trafford, we were signing piss poor £5m sponsorship deals with Carlsberg and being happy to add a single extra tier on the Anny Road. It looks as though we're finally starting to catch up with things off the pitch after Moores, through his own ineptitude, did far more than Ferguson to knock us from our position as the most successful club in the land.

I resigned myself to this day a good few years back and, to be honest, I'm not arsed one bit. Yes, it's sad to lose our record, but I've been sick to the back teeth of going to Old Trafford and repeating '18 times' like a fucking mong when we've never even looked like adding to it. It would have been devastating if they'd have overtaken us while the two cowboys were at the helm and Hodgson was in the dug out, but we have people owning the club who appear to be business savvy, a man in charge of player recruitment who actually goes to watch the players he's scouting and a King back on his throne who understands the simplicity of the game and knows perfectly well how to handle Taggart.

Frankly, fuck United. Let them have their day in the sun. Let them come to Anfield and dish out the shit that we'll have to grin and bear. Let Rooney and the other ugly mongs say their bit when they get their grids on telly and let the press have their love in with Ferguson, because, make no mistake, we're finally beginning to take steps in the right direction.

They have had a lot of dodgy decisions but the fault for that one is with the brain-dead goalie.

These well-paid goalkeeping coaches ? is it beyond them to suggest that if a forward is hurtling towards the goal-line you don't give them the opportunity to fall over you and get a penno.

2-0 to the Gulls.

Good to see another Torquay follower on here. I know RIS and Woo are big Shrewsbury fans but I've followed The Gulls for a few years now after meeting my bird. She lived a stones throw from Plainmoor so when I drove down from Liverpool some weekends we'd spend the afternoon taking in a game and sitting in The Union boozer afterwards, the romantic fool that I am.

Hoping that if Torquay get to the final we'll be able to go to the game at OT.

The union, if you ask nicely they'll let you eat a pizza from over the road (Dominos) in the "beer garden" (smoking area next to the bins). Nice little pub, even if it's layout is awful.

Yeah I'll be there at OT if the yellows get there.

The union, if you ask nicely they'll let you eat a pizza from over the road (Dominos) in the "beer garden" (smoking area next to the bins). Nice little pub, even if it's layout is awful.

Yeah I'll be there at OT if the yellows get there.

I am well aware of Domino's over the road, having spent many a Saturday night picking up our tea in there. A 6 pack from the Somerfield next door (which is now a Waitrose I believe, the classy fucks) and a pizza, washed down with some Haribo from the Spar down the road.

Apparently Rooney has shaved "19" onto his chest and posted it up on twitter.

Not sure what the 19 stands for - Brain cells? Hairs on his head? Slappers he's paid for this month?

I'm stumped.

manc friend of mine sent me it

Wayne-Rooney-19-chest-hair-320x480.png

It's amusing how leagues won before 1992 didn't count until, erm, they did.

The biggest club in the world apparently, and yet it's taken them since I was 15 to get to our level, with year after year of having virtually no opposition.

I ran into WaltonRed when I was out having a pint last weekend and we were talking about the Mancs getting to 19 and 'knocking us off our perch.' He mentioned the famous line uttered by John Smith when he said that "we'll all be in trouble when that lot up the road get their act together" and said that he gets the feeling that the Mancs are saying the same thing about us now.

It's something that I very much agree with him on. For me, the actions of FSG in the last few months in securing the record kit deal and the genius marketing link-up with Lebron James have shown just how ineptly we've been ran as a football club for the past 20 odd years. While the Mancs we're busy stamping their badge on every possible product and rapidly increasing the capacity of Old Trafford, we were signing piss poor £5m sponsorship deals with Carlsberg and being happy to add a single extra tier on the Anny Road. It looks as though we're finally starting to catch up with things off the pitch after Moores, through his own ineptitude, did far more than Ferguson to knock us from our position as the most successful club in the land.

I resigned myself to this day a good few years back and, to be honest, I'm not arsed one bit. Yes, it's sad to lose our record, but I've been sick to the back teeth of going to Old Trafford and repeating '18 times' like a fucking mong when we've never even looked like adding to it. It would have been devastating if they'd have overtaken us while the two cowboys were at the helm and Hodgson was in the dug out, but we have people owning the club who appear to be business savvy, a man in charge of player recruitment who actually goes to watch the players he's scouting and a King back on his throne who understands the simplicity of the game and knows perfectly well how to handle Taggart.

Frankly, fuck United. Let them have their day in the sun. Let them come to Anfield and dish out the shit that we'll have to grin and bear. Let Rooney and the other ugly mongs say their bit when they get their grids on telly and let the press have their love in with Ferguson, because, make no mistake, we're finally beginning to take steps in the right direction.

This.