You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup Final 2011 - Manchester City v Stoke City

StevieH

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PurpleNose
Gabriel Clarke with his usual snide line of questioning. Good response from Joe Hart.

Hart was excellent there. Showed far more restraint than I would have.

"Fuck United, and fuck you"

According to Clive Tyldesley this bloke's name is Nigel de Young.

Next season he will become Nigel Young.

I thought City played OK today. Nothing superb, but they were less overawed by the occasion compared to Stoke. I suppose when your squad is chock full of players that have won World Cups, European Championships, Champions Leagues and various other titles, that is to be expected.

I thought the aforementioned de Young was man of the match, but Balotelli certainly turned up to play today. Silva needs the ball on his left foot too much. If he'd trusted his right foot he would have worked a much better chance for himself when Tevez played him through in the second half. As for Stoke, they were utterly predictable. Pennant was probably their best player on the day, but he had little end product.

Also, is it just me or were the FA Cup finals much better when they were being played in Cardiff? At Wembley, I think the grass is too long making it hard to zip the ball along the turf at pace. The games are slowed down far too much because of this, on top of the significance of the occasion and the nerves.