You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sugar Ape

I always preferred Gran Canaria myself.

BBC News - Tenerife: British woman beheaded in attack in Canaries

A British woman has been beheaded in a shop in Spain's Canary Islands, officials say.

Spanish media said a homeless Bulgarian man had been arrested in the town of Los Cristianos.

Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket in a shopping centre and stabbed then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.

A local official said the man appeared to choose his victim at random.

Witnesses said the man entered the Chinese supermarket in Valdes Shopping Centre and attacked the woman without saying a word.

"Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason... entered the shop and then cut this woman's neck and took the head in his hand outside," said local councillor Manuel Reveron.

A security guard then managed to wrestle the man to the ground, he said.

"I parked my car and saw a man running out with something bloody in his hands and a security guard chasing him," one witness was quoted as telling local radio.

"He threw it to the ground, it almost hit me and what he had been carrying was a woman's head."

In a video posted on YouTube, Colin Kirby of Tenerifemagazine.com said security guards held down the suspect until the police arrived.

"The security and the police had to hold people off - they were queuing up - they were trying basically to kick the hell out of the guy," he said.

Police sources told Spanish media the suspect had a police record.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
"Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason... entered the shop and then cut this woman's neck and took the head in his hand outside," said local councillor Manuel Reveron.

Lets refer to mental bastards as gentlemen eh? lost in translation i reckon.

Lets refer to mental bastards as gentlemen eh? lost in translation i reckon.

How do you know he was mental? Maybe she was a vampire and he'd stuffed garlic in the mouth first to ensure she couldn't rise again, Hammer Dracula-style.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
How do you know he was mental? Maybe she was a vampire and he'd stuffed garlic in the mouth first to ensure she couldn't rise again, Hammer Dracula-style.

Homeless bulgarian man = mental. Doesn't have to be homeless, just that all bulgarians are mentalists.

Police sources told Spanish media the suspect had a police record.

There had to be a Sting in the tale.

or

Every breath you take

Every move you make

Every bond you break

Every step you take

I'm beheading you

Witnesses said a man entered a Chinese supermarket in a shopping centre and stabbed then beheaded the 62-year-old woman. He is said to have dropped the head outside before being tackled.

I'm not sure about store policy there, but I've dropped bottles of booze on the way out of Tesco's before and they've replaced them.

This reminds me of the hitman in Tesco a while back. Arthur (known to friends as Arti) agreed to strangle a friends wife who was having an affair, for a fee of only £1.

He was told she would be shopping wearing a red coat.

He followed a woman fitting her description and did the deed in the aisle between the bread and the beer. As he was walking out another woman wearing a red coat entered the shop. To be sure he strangled her as well.

The next day it was reported:

ARTICHOKES TWO FOR A POUND IN TESCO