You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Auto correct

• 1 year later...

:idea:

A girl in work told me today how she missed out the letter O when writing the word 'account' onto some customer notes.

We used to have secretaries in work & one constantly typed 'acocunt' instead of account & as this was in a Bank it was obviously a problem.

After a conflab, the under-manager got told to raise it with her & tried to do it as quietly as possible. As soon as he showed her about 3 or 4 examples she just roared laughing and said ' Ha Ha, a coconut '. He just gave up and left her to it.

You can go into windows and change peoples word settings so it automatically changes words so that when they type something into outlook, the new word automatically appears.

anyway, a few years ago i was managing a sales team in a call centre and the quality guy was a bit of a prick so I fucked about with his settings.

End of everyday he had to send a write up to the client about changes, issues etc he has had. I changed random words like 'sale' to 'tree' and 'attempt' to 'gay' etc. The fucking stupid cunt typed out a big long report and didn't even notice then sent it to the client.

Horrible twat he was, he grassed me in when I told him it was me. I'd already told the client who found it funny but one of the directors got wind, cracked a semi-joke semi-remark to the lad and he fucking blew me up. I got pulled in as I should have known better as a manager and am setting the wrong example to the team. Lost my bonus and all.

Fucking grassing twat.

:idea:

We used to have secretaries in work & one constantly typed 'acocunt' instead of account & as this was in a Bank it was obviously a problem.

After a conflab' date=' the under-manager got told to raise it with her & tried to do it as quietly as possible. As soon as he showed her about 3 or 4 examples she just roared laughing and said ' Ha Ha, a coconut '. He just gave up and left her to it.[/quote']

Haha, we used to have a secretary in our bank as well. Classic she did was start a letter - dear Mr Customer. Your acunt....

She was always doing it

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...