You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eurovision Song Contest

RedinSweden

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Enjoyed that though. First time I’ve watched it in years and only watched it because it was Turdsette’s first time staying up to watch it. She made me vote for Italy and Finland. What a girl. 

Same here, though she went to bed as soon as we cast our vote at the end of the show. We went with Ukraine (the singer for them gets into the amnesty thread for me, btw).

enjoyed it. Ours was gash, so deserved nowt.

• Upvote 1

The irony isn't lost that a music contest has the word vision in it's name. Only the EU could come up with such a revolutionary idea. 

It is some petty shit though from Europe isn't it? The UK doing badly due to politics has become a running joke but they have no problem giving points to Russia, which actually conducts state-sponsored murder on our soil. There's something very European about that, getting fired up about British fishing boats but not about the fact Poland persecutes gays and the Spanish police uses Catalonian pensioners as their own personal piñatas.

8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Wahahahahaha! 

Screenshot_20210522_235929.jpg

I'm sure a young soldier dying in the trenches, scared thinking of home, his dying thoughts were hopefully they will honour my sacrifice with good scores in a European wide singing competition for singers who couldn't fill a pub. The ultimate thank you.

• Upvote 3

The whole 'Nobody likes us, that's why they don't vote for us. It's all politcial' thing ignores that the UK's song was fucking shite. The song wouldn't have even made it to the finals had the UK not been automatically placed there. There was also no sign of political\tactical voting in favour of the winners.

• Upvote 3