You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where's all the anti-Glazer bollocks?

Section_31

This is a LFC site, and given that all we have to do is worry about what we do I am finding it very difficult to give a fuck what they do, given that it has happened on our watch when we decided that professionalism and The Liverpool Way didnt matter anymore. Lets just worry about ourselves and not give those twats any airtime, and lets just take back the name of Most Successful Club that we worked so hard to earn instead of just whining like bitches. They wont give it back, so lets go and fucking take it back.

This is a LFC site, and given that all we have to do is worry about what we do I am finding it very difficult to give a fuck what they do, given that it has happened on our watch when we decided that professionalism and The Liverpool Way didnt matter anymore. Lets just worry about ourselves and not give those twats any airtime, and lets just take back the name of Most Successful Club that we worked so hard to earn instead of just whining like bitches. They wont give it back, so lets go and fucking take it back.

While I agree with your general gusto, I've never understood this 'we shouldn't be talking about our rivals' stuff. Because (a) football is all about rivalry, (b) our rivals do things we can learn from, both successes and mistakes, and © it'd be a pretty boring forum if we only talked about Liverpool. At present we'd be reduced to discussing the possible team selection for tomorrow, and looking back at some of Patrik Berger's classic goals.

I am actually really calm about all the 'no 19' stuff.

1. They have won 12 titles in 19 years. You just cannot argue about that. As much as I hate them, that is impressive going.

2. We have no-one but ourselves to blame for the last 20 years. Incompetence on a grand scale, we have reaped the results.

3. For the first time in ages I actually feel confident about OUR future. If you had asked me 5 years ago whether I will ever see us win the league again, I'd have said 'no', now I am confident we will.

4. Ferguson has now won 4 league titles and is in his 3rd CL final since the yanks have taken them over. It just MAY prove to some that 'net spend' is not all that is important to win trophies.

5. We are still the greatest club in the world, so fuck them.

1. They have won 12 titles in 19 years. You just cannot argue about that. As much as I hate them, that is impressive going.

2. We have no-one but ourselves to blame for the last 20 years. Incompetence on a grand scale, we have reaped the results.

3. For the first time in ages I actually feel confident about OUR future. If you had asked me 5 years ago whether I will ever see us win the league again, I'd have said 'no', now I am confident we will.

4. Ferguson has now won 4 league titles and is in his 3rd CL final since the yanks have taken them over. It just MAY prove to some that 'net spend' is not all that is important to win trophies.

5. We are still the greatest club in the world, so fuck them.

Good post especially point 4, we finished 2nd to them in 2009 they lost there 2 best players and the Ronaldo money and didn't fall apart, Arsenal the same don't spend big but are always in top 4. The problem is how the money is spent and in the past 10 years we've wasted to much under 3 managers who weren't up to it.

I'm confident were on the up, good luck to them as ferguson since 2007 to win 4 titles while not spending anything like his main rivals is an amazing achievement, onwards and upwards

I said to my mate watching it today 'where's their fucking yellow scarves now eh?'

We've been shite for two decades, they didnt overtake us, we just withered and died but do you know what?

We'll be fucking back and that record will be ours once more.

They've got Ferdinand, Carrick, Valencia, Nani, Rooney and Berbatov all playing which is £130m of players. Then there's the bargains like Evra, van der Saar, Vidic and Hernandez who cost over £20m. They've got some flops/expensive bench warmers like Smalling and Anderson who cost £30m for just those two and add to that the fact they've got Giggs, Scholes, Evans, O'Shea and Fletcher who are all Internationals that cost them nothing. It almost seems people are suggesting they've done this on a shoe string when they've spent loads and took advantage of a golden period of youth development

It would be great if we could make two or three top signings between £15 and £25m a season and fill the squad with youth talent. They have laid the blueprint for what we need to do

They've got Ferdinand, Carrick, Valencia, Nani, Rooney and Berbatov all playing which is £130m of players. Then there's the bargains like Evra, van der Saar, Vidic and Hernandez who cost over £20m. They've got some flops/expensive bench warmers like Smalling and Anderson who cost £30m for just those two and add to that the fact they've got Giggs, Scholes, Evans, O'Shea and Fletcher who are all Internationals that cost them nothing. It almost seems people are suggesting they've done this on a shoe string when they've spent loads and took advantage of a golden period of youth development

It would be great if we could make two or three top signings between £15 and £25m a season and fill the squad with youth talent. They have laid the blueprint for what we need to do

I don't think anyone's suggesting they've done it on a shoestring, just that the current squad is inferior to those which have gone before, plus it's a while since they spent big. Berbatov was it?

Injury-time goals, ghost "penalties", intimidation of opposition players, coaches and officials, leniency from administrators, press drooling, etc, etc. I think we have grounds to argue.

Their away record this year is as bad as ours, they've lost all their away games to us, Arsenal, and Chelsea, and failed to beat the other top 7 teams on their travels. It's their home record this year that has got them where they are, but I will never give them credit for anything they claim.

I am very disappointed to lose the record, it is one of the last few stats we had that we could beat them with. The future is optimistic, but it's been that way before, and we've had no title to show for it in all that time. Next year is primarily about regaining competitiveness again and improving our league position, and in the event of us not winning the league, having to reluctantly hope once again, that someone else can stop them increasing that title gap before we can claim the record back.

Edited by mypost

Ferguson is a fucking enigma. There is absolutely no reason why that team should in a league and CL double, yet its quite possible we could see that happen within the next couple of weeks. Its all down to Ferguson. While he is in charge the 'protests' will all be low key.

What is much more important is the fact that we are coming over the hill. For the first time in 15 years I can imagine a future where LFC win more trophies than the Mancs because of how the club is being run now and how the club is being managed now. Im confident that we will spend wisely in the summer and ship out the unnecessary to make our wage bill more realistic. Im confident that, with the right players, we will challenge for the league next season, none of that top 4 bollocks, challenge for the title. While I dont think the mancs winning #19 is ' the best thing that could have happened to us' I do believe that it will galvinise us for next season and point us all in the right direction.

Ferguson is a fucking enigma. There is absolutely no reason why that team should in a league and CL double, yet its quite possible we could see that happen within the next couple of weeks. Its all down to Ferguson. While he is in charge the 'protests' will all be low key.

What is much more important is the fact that we are coming over the hill. For the first time in 15 years I can imagine a future where LFC win more trophies than the Mancs because of how the club is being run now and how the club is being managed now. Im confident that we will spend wisely in the summer and ship out the unnecessary to make our wage bill more realistic. Im confident that, with the right players, we will challenge for the league next season, none of that top 4 bollocks, challenge for the title. While I dont think the mancs winning #19 is ' the best thing that could have happened to us' I do believe that it will galvinise us for next season and point us all in the right direction.

Mostly agree with that. Ferguson, on his own, will keep the club together, regardless of what the Glazers do or don't do. The Glazers know this too, thats why they are not doing a Gillett and Hicks by mouthing off. They are just staying in the background knowing fully, as long as they make Ferguson happy once in 3 or 4 years, by getting him the couple of players he will be after, their business plan is on track. This is why I fully expect them to spend this summer to get those 2 players.

As much as the no.19 hurts us, every one knows they have been the best team in the country for nearly 2 decades. Its hard and stupid to argue against it. The number just confirmed that yesterday. I hope this gives us a kick up the back side and get us the mentality to pull together. We have a mountain to climb (I don't agree with you that we are coming over the hill) before we can even think about challenging. This is not just about the money as United have proved time and time again. This is about the mentality, the belief that we can do it. We haven't even displayed that a handful of times in the last few years. To them, it doesn't matter whether they play O'shea or Wes Brown or Smalling or Vidic or Park or Fletcher or Ronaldo or Valencia or Rooney or Berbatov. The whole team/squad's mentality is to win the title. Not challenge, not pretend. Win the fucking thing. This is what we should set out to do from next season. Try to win the title rather than challenge or pretend. If we don't win, so be it. But lets go for the win, every single minute of every single match.

Good post especially point 4, we finished 2nd to them in 2009 they lost there 2 best players and the Ronaldo money and didn't fall apart, Arsenal the same don't spend big but are always in top 4. The problem is how the money is spent and in the past 10 years we've wasted to much under 3 managers who weren't up to it.

I'm confident were on the up, good luck to them as ferguson since 2007 to win 4 titles while not spending anything like his main rivals is an amazing achievement, onwards and upwards

20 if your honest!

I actually feel physically sick.

I'm sure it won't last long but I'm pretty dispondent today.

Really?

I thought I'd be gutted, but it was always a case of "When" rather than "If" they did it. I'm not that bothered, having a record for 1 year will hurt them a lot more when we take it off them next season. All those years of trying to knock us off our perch and it lasted 12 months. Haha.. Cunts the lot of them.

Have a read of Epic Swindle (if you haven't already) and it'll tell you how close we were to be so royally fucked. If they win 20 next season they'll have deserved it as under Kenny and FSG we'll make them work for it that's for sure. They haven't even had to get out of second gear to win Number 19.

I'll be more gutted if they beat Barca.

Ive been waiting for 2 years for this day to come.

If you had told me in after the Blackpool game in October that Hicks, Gillett and Hodgson would be gone and we'd have Dalglish and decent owners but the macs would win the league, Id have snapped their hands off.

Ive been waiting for 2 years for this day to come.

If you had told me in after the Blackpool game in October that Hicks, Gillett and Hodgson would be gone and we'd have Dalglish and decent owners but the macs would win the league, Id have snapped their hands off.

Spot on, Rob.