You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where's all the anti-Glazer bollocks?

Section_31

What happened to all that then? Aren't they technically in a worse financial situation than we were? Their wage bill is near the top of the pile according to those figures released the other day, but where are the online campaigns, email campaigns, protests, scarf bollocks etc. Last season when they were losing out to the chavs it was red knights this and Newton Heath that. It's all gone quiet now though. Amazing how a successful season will placate people isn't it? And for the record, the same would no doubt have been true of us had we been in the same position (indeed in many ways it was, in the season we finished second).

How many of their fans do you see wearing a replica shirt with a green and gold scarf? I would not be at all surprised if they are selling those scarves in their club shop. Their fans don't give a toss about the debt as long as they are winning stuff.

Guest San Don
What happened to all that then? Aren't they technically in a worse financial situation than we were? Their wage bill is near the top of the pile according to those figures released the other day, but where are the online campaigns, email campaigns, protests, scarf bollocks etc. Last season when they were losing out to the chavs it was red knights this and Newton Heath that. It's all gone quiet now though. Amazing how a successful season will placate people isn't it? And for the record, the same would no doubt have been true of us had we been in the same position (indeed in many ways it was, in the season we finished second).

I know you know it but, they are now nailed on to win number 19 and have a chance of number 4.

That's why there's no real protest.

How many of their fans do you see wearing a replica shirt with a green and gold scarf? I would not be at all surprised if they are selling those scarves in their club shop. Their fans don't give a toss about the debt as long as they are winning stuff.

It's amazing when you think that the cash they got for Ronaldo wasn't invested in players, but nobody kicked up a stink - not even Ferguson.

It's amazing when you think that the cash they got for Ronaldo wasn't invested in players, but nobody kicked up a stink - not even Ferguson.

haven't needed it have they. terrible indictment of the rest of the teams in the league and in europe actually.

hopefully, now they've finally won more leagues than us (only took them 123 years), we'll get our act together and start seriously competing with them every year from now on.

To be fair MUST slaughtered the club in a statement on the increase in ticket prices at Old Trafford next season.

The Glazers have reduced prices by up to 30 percent at Tampa Bay Buccaneers. According to the Glazers this was done after consultation with the fans. 28,000 fans apparently sent emails asking for Man Utd ticket prices to be reduced as well but instead they've gone and put them up again. They've gone up by 55 percent in six years.

Any news on our ticket prices for next season?

lots of them are plastic gloryhunters who dont care about finances, they follow United because they win so if their winning they dont care

people think were bad but look at the state of their fans before CL games when the camera zooms in past the fans on the front row of the stand all waving with cameras , its like a WWF crowd

I work with a few mancs and I've asked them about this and they truly believe that Ferguson has the money but has chosen not to spend it. They dont believe Ferguson would shit on them!

To be fair MUST slaughtered the club in a statement on the increase in ticket prices at Old Trafford next season.

The Glazers have reduced prices by up to 30 percent at Tampa Bay Buccaneers. According to the Glazers this was done after consultation with the fans. 28,000 fans apparently sent emails asking for Man Utd ticket prices to be reduced as well but instead they've gone and put them up again. They've gone up by 55 percent in six years.

Any news on our ticket prices for next season?

The reason why, Tampa had an average home attendance of 45,000 fans, despite a 65,000 capacity stadium in 2010. The second lowest average in the league, whereas despite all the protests, the scum continue to fill Old Toilet week in, week out.

From time to time whenever I've contemplated the fact that they might surpass our various achievements I wasn't too bothered - it's not like we've actually got that close to them in the League over the last eighteen years.

But now its going to happen - with domestic championships at least - I'm fucking gutted and not looking forward to the media's Ferguson love-in over the next few weeks.

There's one man responsible for them overtaking us and it's our very own David Moores - so cheers for that Davey you stupid cunt. Honourable mention to his partner in crime Rick who couldn't organise an orgy in a brasshouse.

Thank fuck Kenny is back and thank fuck for Barcelona as well - it will be an absolute travesty if that piece of shit Ferguson manages to equal Bob's 3 European Cups.

The leveraged buy-out is probably going to take around £1.2bn of cash out of the club's finances. Thank fuck for greedy yanks & apathetic Surrey fans, they'd be close to uncatchable with that extra spending power.

Love Glazers, Hate United

Thank fuck Kenny is back and thank fuck for Barcelona as well - it will be an absolute travesty if that piece of shit Ferguson manages to equal Bob's 3 European Cups.

Took Bob 6 years, Slur 26 and that's only if Barca don't outclass them like last time.

had Roy, Hicks and Gillet still been here, them getting 19 would have killed me,

now I really couldnt care less, we're going places and Kenny is in charge, thats all I can care about

I actually feel physically sick.

I'm sure it won't last long but I'm pretty dispondent today.

it,s only sinking in now that them horrible bastards have overtaken us. if they had all there revenue to invest in players they would be out of sight. so thank god the glazers are there and whiskeynose wont be there forever, once he goes im sure it will start to tumble. but let,s hope we get our summer businness done early and im confident with kenny in charge we will get this club back up there winning trophies.

The leveraged buy-out is probably going to take around £1.2bn of cash out of the club's finances. Thank fuck for greedy yanks & apathetic Surrey fans, they'd be close to uncatchable with that extra spending power.

Love Glazers, Hate United

This is the scary part, utd would be unstoppable without the Glazers. We need extra capacity whilst they a hamstrung otherwise we'll be fucked for another twenty years.

This is the scary part, utd would be unstoppable without the Glazers. We need extra capacity whilst they a hamstrung otherwise we'll be fucked for another twenty years.

I think if the mancs have proven anything this year it's that money isn't enough to put daylight between your rivals and you. City and chelsea have followed that model andthe mancs have gone out and spent a few million on that mexican lad, while getting good team ethic out of a relatively limited squad.

For my money, what excites me most about our revival is the academy and the fact all our sides are now playing the same style of football, plus the overhaul of a quite frankly awful scouting network. These really are the basics which should have been delt with years and years ago.

Having a good group of lads who care more about winning than they do about being seen in night clubs, training them well, and augmenting them with good signings made possible by a capable scouting network, will take you a long, long way.

I think our available spends has been mooted at around £20-30m a year. This summer notwithstanding - when a steady decline in quality will need to be arrested in one fell swoop - that will be plenty, IMO.

fucking horrible feelin knowing them bastards have overtaken as someone already said if they didnt have to service a huge debt the would be out of sight. thank,s glazers also whiskeynose is the glue that holds it all tgother once he goes they will tumble. i hope we get our summer businness done early and really go for it next season.total have faith in the king id imagine right, now he want,s us right back where we belong.just as much as us.

To be fair, if we are just a matter of mins away from winning a title and an European cup, we wouldn't be protesting either.

And as long as they have Ferguson, their business plan is spot on. They don't have to have an ounce of worry. As long as they keep winning they will rake in the money. They will probably only spend big every 3 or 4 years but still maintain the success. Shame. Hurts. But thats the way it is.

Credit to them. As much as it hurts me to say that, they did all their hard work years ago to get to where they are now. We can only hope to be in such a position 10-15 years from now. Because that is how long its going to take us to dominate - provided we don't make too many mistakes in the next 10-15 years.