You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Naps

Remmie

Can't nap, never been able to (apart from the very rare occasion post sex, traveling...etc). Too much going on around me and I'm not able to switch off my brain in order to get a power nap when I have purposely tried to have one.

Plus when at home Mrs Jnp soon wakes me up as she doesn't want me falling asleep, which fucks me off as she's the queen of napping.

It's a shame as id love to nip for a nap from time to time.

Guest PurpleNose

Its one of the main reasons I'd like to live somewhere else in Europe.

Somewhere that its socially acceptable for someone under the age of 70 to go to sleep in the afternoon for a bit.

I usually have a siesta every day. I get up quite early, so I tend to get tired just after lunch.

I like a nap to be around an hour / hour and a half.

It's very civilized and makes me much more alert for the rest of the day....everyone should do it.

I nap all day at work (granted I have my eyes open at the time).

I went on holiday with a couple of mates and the pair of lazy bastards had a napping competition - waste of a holiday if you ask me.

I`v never been able to nap, seems like a waste of the evening/weekend.

• 5 years later...

I love 'em.

Tricky territory though because if you have more than 45 minutes it becomes sleep proper and you end up more tired than you started.

Napping.

Broke the golden rule and had an hour and a half.

Feel like I've been stabbed in the face with the bad kind of AIDS, or to put it another way, like Stig.

If I'm feeling tired I'll try and get 15 mins in the quiet corner of a car park over lunch time. Even 15-20 mins perks you up for the afternoon.

Apparently the Huffington Post even have sleep pods at work for napping. Jammy bastards.

Lunch time session, quick siesta and then start again.

A1.

This. Im up at 5am every morning then a 90 minute drive to work site. Dont get home until 6pm so 45 minutes or so kip in the car at lunchtime is a great reviver.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I’m a light sleeper, it’s a curse. I also cannot sleep if there’s light in the room, hence black tape over led lights on any devices in my bedroom, chargers etc. Naps are not something I can do, I don’t get any sleep on planes either which makes very long haul flights painful.