You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thatcher nearly DEAD!!!

Melchett

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a thoroughly tasteless thread. I'm particularly appalled by the suggestion that we should have Champagne ready on ice in case Mrs Thatcher snuffs it in the next few days.

Co-Op does a really nice cava, which is just as tasty and only costs a fiver.

Here is one for you Hermes!

The Pope and Margaret Thatcher are on the same stage in front of a huge crowd.

The ex-PM and His Holiness, however, have seen it all before, so to make it a little more interesting, Maggie says to the Pope, "did you know that, with just one little wave of my hand, I can make every Conservative in the crowd go wild?"

He doubts it, so she shows him. Sure enough, the wave elicits rapture and cheering from every Conservative in the crowd. Gradually, the cheering subsides.

The Pope, not wanting to be out done by such a level of arrogance, considers what he could do. "That was impressive, but did you know that, with just one little wave of my hand, I can make every person in the crowd go crazy with joy? This joy will not be a momentary display, like that of your subjects, but will go deep into their hearts and they will forever speak of this day and rejoice."

Thatcher seriously doubts this and says so. "One little wave of your hand and all people will rejoice forever? Show me."

So the Pope punches her in the face.

This really is terrible news though. I'm not going to be able to sleep now. Just going to be glued to the BBC news and twitter. I want to be awake when it happens. Hope it is tonight as I am not working from home on Monday and have to travel to London.

Guest San Don

I'd rejoice, rejoice at being british when the witch goes. Only down side is we'd have a state funeral for her and all her political opponents will be there gushing endlessly over her.

I'd just wish they'd all stay away.

Would be pretty selfish of her to die tonight, in my opinion. She should struggle through the week so that everyone can get their plans together; I'm still torn between staying here in Liverpool, which I'm sure will be boisterous, or heading out in Glasgow/Edinburgh in what would basically be hogmany X2 and I'm quite fond of hogmany.

Decisions, decisions.

I'd rejoice, rejoice at being british when the witch goes. Only down side is we'd have a state funeral for her and all her political opponents will be there gushing endlessly over her.

I'd just wish they'd all stay away.

There would be rioting in the streets if they gave her a state funeral.

Is there any chance she wouldn't be given one? I would be utterly appalled if our money went to give her a hugely undeserved send off.

An old friend makes an appearence on Twitter

Twitter2_normal.jpg

HRashid_LFC H Rashid

Thatcher killed less people than Blair and sorted out a terrible mess in 1979. Hate is fine but not this type of hate. Tribalism hmmmm.

What a dick that man is

This is a list of everyone outside the Royal family who has had a state funeral, no way does that cunt deserve to be on the list. There will be uproar if she is.

* Admiral Robert Blake (1657)

* Sir Isaac Newton (1727)[3]

* Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson (1806)

* Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (1852)

* Henry Temple, 3rd Viscount Palmerston (1865)

* Charles Darwin (1882)

* The Rt Hon. William Gladstone (1898)

* Frederick Roberts, 1st Earl Roberts of Kandahar (1914)

* Douglas Haig, 1st Earl Haig (1928)

* Edward Carson, Baron Carson (1935)

* The Rt Hon. Sir Winston Churchill (1965)

Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein dead, hunt for Thatcher stepped up

margaret-thatcher-1993-300x183.jpgA rare picture of Margaret Thatcher. Photo by BBC Radio 4, some rights reserved

Hours after US President Barack Obama announced the death of Osama bin Laden, authorities have switched their focus to tracking down former BritishPrime Minister Margaret Thatcher.It is understood Thatcher – wanted for crimes against humanity perpetrated during her ten years in office – is hiding in caves in the South West of England.

Troops have been bombarding Cheddar Gorge, near Bristol, in the hope of smoking out the former Conservative leader.

But there have so far been no sightings of Thatcher, or her trusted cohort of deputies, who oversaw the systematic destruction of communities in the north of England in the 1980s.

In the wake of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden’s death there are fears Thatcher could be hiding in plain sight.

Several properties in Kensington and Chelsea with high walls and watertight security are being monitored by secret service operatives.

But analysts warn that even with the death of Thatcher her policies will live on and Tory atrocities could worsen with her martyrdom.Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein dead, hunt for Thatcher stepped up

margaret-thatcher-1993-300x183.jpgA rare picture of Margaret Thatcher. Photo by BBC Radio 4, some rights reserved

Hours after US President Barack Obama announced the death of Osama bin Laden, authorities have switched their focus to tracking down former BritishPrime Minister Margaret Thatcher.It is understood Thatcher – wanted for crimes against humanity perpetrated during her ten years in office – is hiding in caves in the South West of England.

Troops have been bombarding Cheddar Gorge, near Bristol, in the hope of smoking out the former Conservative leader.

But there have so far been no sightings of Thatcher, or her trusted cohort of deputies, who oversaw the systematic destruction of communities in the north of England in the 1980s.

In the wake of Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden’s death there are fears Thatcher could be hiding in plain sight.

Several properties in Kensington and Chelsea with high walls and watertight security are being monitored by secret service operatives.

But analysts warn that even with the death of Thatcher her policies will live on and Tory atrocities could worsen with her martyrdom.