Jump to content
bigjohn

Markus Babbel

Recommended Posts

Love his goal in the Gary Mac Derby.  As soon as the Everton free-kick is cleared, he starts a sprint from our penalty box, even though there's nothing on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2020 at 11:18, AngryofTuebrook said:

Love his goal in the Gary Mac Derby.  As soon as the Everton free-kick is cleared, he starts a sprint from our penalty box, even though there's nothing on.

He was excellent in 00/01. Guillan Barre disease is an absolute cunt.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

He was excellent in 00/01. Guillan Barre disease is an absolute cunt.

Would have been an absolute legend without it. Up there with big Sami for a short while but not long enough due to the disease. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

He was excellent in 00/01. Guillan Barre disease is an absolute cunt.

He was outstanding. What with Rob Jones before him we were cruelly denied two players that had they been fit could've made all the difference in 96/97 and 01/02.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vector Sigma said:

He was outstanding. What with Rob Jones before him we were cruelly denied two players that had they been fit could've made all the difference in 96/97 and 01/02.

Jones was brilliant but not in the sense of making us successful,in my view. Babbel was world class and versatile and really could have been a world beater for years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Jones was brilliant but not in the sense of making us successful,in my view. Babbel was world class and versatile and really could have been a world beater for years to come.

Agreed, he was superb defensively and not too shabby going forward. Babbel at least scored a few goals, lost count of how many times it looked like Jones would score only for him to hit the post or shank it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2020 at 21:29, Vector Sigma said:

Agreed, he was superb defensively and not too shabby going forward. Babbel at least scored a few goals, lost count of how many times it looked like Jones would score only for him to hit the post or shank it.

He was also perfect cover for the centre backs when they were out.

 

Superb player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, No2 said:

Any thread bumped in 2020 has me thinking their dead or injured.

 

13 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I open every single player/manager thread now with a sense of dread!

Yep same goes on the GF. Dread it every time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I open every single player/manager thread now with a sense of dread!

Its getting to stage where I'm halfing expecting our injured players to be dead when their thread is bumped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

 

Yep same goes on the GF. Dread it every time. 

Well, not every time. 

 

When the Trump or Johnson threads get bumped it's disappointing to find out they haven't got injured or died.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×