You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham v Liverpool

njackets

That was a great great performance and a fantastic backing from the Liverpool fans in the ground. I was in the Johnny Haynes stand and there was more noise coming from Liverpool fans in there than from their own lot, never mind the away end. Even the Fulham lads near me were saying what great support we had. Proud to be a Red again - it's getting to be a habit this.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Lucas was excellent JK.

Feeling a little like the end of the 08/09 season whereby we could be title contenders if we get the transfer ins & outs right.

Fulham definitely don't want to be in the Europa prelims do they ?

I think if KK gets the job full time we will get the right ones going out and back in for that matter.

Looking forward to every game now.

I think if KK gets the job full time we will get the right ones going out and back in for that matter.

Looking forward to every game now.

Keegan's in the frame for the manager's job? No! Give it to Kenny!

Another great performance from everyone, was little dissapointed in Lucas, had sloppy game in the middle but recovered well.

Yet again Suarez is MOM, he's fucking amazing.

Must've seen a different game to me,I thought he was outstanding again tonight.First 2 goals were superb defence splitting passes from him,and could've been 1 or 2 others as well when he released Raul & Dirk with long passes

We are very strong right now. The movement is a world away from almost any time in the last 10 years and I guess it was more by luck, or last chance than planning and actively looking to instill it when it has been good in those last 10 years. Did I hear Ian St John right earlier on LFC TV? He said he got it wrong about Lucas but I think I might have misheard him.

if Mason had done his job properly they wouldn't have had a sniff and we'd be looking at a cricket score... rather than an England 20-20 score.

Like 10-0 again? Looked like it might be on for a while.

What a nasty, spiteful team Fulham have become under Hughes's tutelage. He deliberately sent his players out to injure our players. Fucking overrated twat.

Some people thought he was unlucky to get the boot at City and some more were tipping the ex-manc cunt to take over after Rafa. :eek:

That was a great great performance and a fantastic backing from the Liverpool fans in the ground. Proud to be a Red again - it's getting to be a habit this.

After 12 years of catenaccio, counter-attacking, and controlling the game, it's a pleasant shock to find us going out looking to win games by as many goals as possible. Just as it used to be.

I didn't make it that 8 bells before was it any good? Was there after the match for a bit of a sing song. Was in the Fulham end last night, proper posh twats. One bloke with his nipper actually threatened to get some bloke kicked out as he was being to loud, swearing etc. Loads of the Fulham fans around me were actually being sound with me, congratulating etc towards the end after it became obvious I was a red.

If anyone reading this managed to blag off with the 2 yank chics hanging round the bars round Putney Bridge fair play to yer you twats! Was on a promise till my back was turned!

Right now I'm very very pleased with the way we play, especially youngsters being brave and playing well. That's the way we should run our club, producing great prospect and giving them a chance and also adding good English/British taleent and world-clasd foreigners. Wrll played lads, even if we dont get into CL or EL I'm still happy we managed it and brought up some younger players into 1st team and played good, attacking footie.

Great game to watch, hugely enjoyable and some amazing strikes.

And all joking aside, the "executive" boxes at Fulham actually are portakabins stacked one on top of another! (Right near the Jacko statue too, which is nice)

Away support was excellent.

The front three worked tirelessly; Maxi and Kuyt lack pace, but never gave Fulham a moment's respite.

As for Suarez......Jesus Christ. I can only imagine that every opposition manager, player and fan watches him and thinks:

"Fucking. Hell."

He's the sort of player who looks as if he will score and/or create at least one goal every time he plays. A total fucking nightmare of a footballer.

Lots of humble pie for Liverpool fans as well! (in a good way), Lucas, Kuyt, Johnson, Spearing, Skyrtl, Maxi, have all been excellent and deserve plaudits. Although I was always a fan of Lucas, Johnson and Maxi, I have been critical of Kuyt and Martin and never thought Spearing was good enough, but I am being proved wrong with every passing minute!

I remember winning the league in 90' with a particularly poor Liverpool side that displayed flashes of brilliance, United remind me very much of that team, winning through instinct rather than talent. We can do something next season! Nobody seems to be miles ahead ala Arsenal in 2004, Chelsea 2006 etc.

The contrast between what Suarez and Torres offer our attack is already vast.

It's like comparing Blitzkrieg to some student protester weakly flinging a few stones.

This season!

Lets not forget how good he was for those first two seasons, the dissapointing thing from his point of view is that he could have been playing alongside him!

Has Suarez had a match yet, where he hasn't done something jaw dropping? I can't remember him having a bad match, but maybe i am guilty of rose tints.

Possibly the first half away to West Ham, came alive in the 2nd though.

Carra: Suarez can be a legend - Liverpool FC

What's up with everyone, including Kenny and the players, raving in extreme amounts of Suarez?

Giving him kudos is one thing - it's justified - talk of him becoming a greater legend than Carra is something else.

It'll only add unnecessary pressure on the young forward's shoulders.

Poor man management this is. Mmm.

Torres was unreal in his first two seasons but Suarez offers something much more in my opinion.

He opens space, he's willing to assist were as we used to just play it to Torres and hope he did something special.

Agreed WR. Torres did plenty of special things in the first 2 seasons but we also put them a plate for him. Suarez just runs around like a fucking maniac. That combined with the obvious skill, pace and talent he has, its a fucking nightmare for defenders to mark him. If he had been a little less selfish he would have had at least 3 or 4 more assists to his name already. But then the first goal yesterday was effectively created by him.

Suarez is going to do much more for us as a team player than Torres ever did. Equally I don't think Suarez will score the number of goals Torres did in the first 2 seasons.

The contrast between what Suarez and Torres offer our attack is already vast.

It's like comparing Blitzkrieg to some student protester weakly flinging a few stones.

Let's not get too silly here. Suarez isn't as good a finisher as Torres is/was.

Torres reached the 50 Premiership goals milestone in only 70-odd games, which is quicker than anyone in our entire history.

Suarez has scored 4.

Let's not get too silly here. Suarez isn't as good a finisher as Torres is/was.

Torres reached the 50 Premiership goals milestone in only 70-odd games, which is quicker than anyone in our entire history.

Suarez has scored 4.

He didn't say that though did he? He said Suares "offers" much more in attack than Torres. And I agree. He does offer much more in terms of dragging players off their positions with his movement, skill, pace. Torres was a goal scorer, an exceptional one. Suarez is much more of an alround player with not so much goal scoring instinct that Torres had.

This season!

Lets not forget how good he was for those first two seasons, the dissapointing thing from his point of view is that he could have been playing alongside him!

He was hugely effective in the days when he could be arsed, but he was the whole of our attack at times - everything has to be based around him. Suarez opens up things so much with his vigour and direct running and everybody benefits.

With regard us lining out with both Suarez and Torres, given his inability to gel properly with other top class (if equally petulant) attackers at Chelsea, I'm not sure we're missing out on that much.