You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

Some good news at least..

Gove and his Ministry of Truth have been slapped down.

I genuinely hate the cunts.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/08/uk-government-loses-legal-battle-transparency-orwellian-unit

'The government has lost a legal battle to prevent the release of documents about an “Orwellian” unit that is accused of obstructing the release of material requested by the public under the Freedom of Information Act.

The Clearing House, a little-known unit that sits at the heart of government, circulates details of certain FoI requests by journalists, campaigners and others around Whitehall and also advises on how to respond to them.

The openDemocracy website first requested in 2018 that the Cabinet Office release information about the Clearing House but it declined, claiming exemptions and that it would not be in the public interest. When the information commissioner backed openDemocracy, the government appealed.

In a written judgment, made public on Tuesday, Judge Hughes backed the information commissioner, concluding that there was a “profound lack of transparency about the operation” that “might appear … to extend to ministers”. Hughes also said there was a “lacuna in public information” about how the Cabinet Office ensured transparency and that the tribunal had been misled by the department, led by Michael Gove.

Julian Richards, the openDemocracy editor-in-chief, said: “This tribunal ruling completely vindicates openDemocracy’s journalism, which has shown how freedom of information is being undermined at the very heart of government. There is a toxic culture of secrecy and evasion that has to stop. “We should not have had to go all the way to a tribunal to force the Cabinet Office to comply with basic transparency requirements.” Hughes said the Cabinet Office had offered an out-of-date Wikipedia entry as evidence that information about the Clearing House was available to the public. Until the public disclosure of information on 18 March 2021, the only information on Gov.uk had been archived eight years ago, he noted.

Last year, openDemocracy revealed how the Clearing House had advised that the release of documents related to the contaminated NHS blood scandal needed to be “managed”, saying former ministers would be “very sore” about the disclosure of information about their time in office.

Journalists from the Guardian, the BBC, the Times, the Mirror, the Sun and the Daily Telegraph are among those who have appeared on the Clearing House list, according to Whitehall sources.

In February, editors of six UK national newspapers, including the Guardian and the Telegraph, signed an open letter requesting an urgent investigation into the FoI Act amid fears that the public are being stonewalled.

The shadow Cabinet Office minister Angela Rayner, described the judgement as “damning” and said it was part of a wider attempt by ministers “to undermine accountability and transparency”. The Conservative MP David Davis said the government had “withheld important information about government activity from the public domain”.

A Cabinet Office spokesperson said: “A clearing house function has existed since 2004 to help ensure there is a consistent approach across government to requests for information which go to a number of different departments or where requests are made for particularly sensitive information. “We remain committed to transparency and always balance the need to make information available with our legal duty to protect sensitive information.”

They claimed “the vast majority of information” requested in the case had been released.'

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The country is fucked: Part 4,189.

An old bloke at a newsagents, in a predominantly working class area, moaning because the shop had already sold out of the Mail on Sunday he’d come to purchase. 

Probably a minor thing, but a million of those add up to creating a society that makes me want to weep. 

12 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Sounds about right.

It makes sense as the right wing media, and the BBC and Sky news, have been putting loads of empasis on this as a news piece, even though in real terms asylum seakers are down, people landing is down, According to figures collected by Eurostat, and shared in August by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR), in 2019 France received 123,900 applications, while Germany received more than 142,000.  In the same year, the UK received 35,566. The UNHCR has highlighted, asylum seekers in France receive almost exactly the same as they would in the UK (without risking their lives crossing the Channel) and are eligible for €344 (£308) a month in Germany. So, there is no real need to come to the UK unless there are specific reasons/ties here.

It's just an easy way to angry up the hoards and make them forget their own lot is shit because the cunts up top are making it that way.

Some are actively encouraging the boats be sank, at sea, with human beings on them.

Just allow that to absorb, they would sink the boats of humans because they are so emotionally crippled they can't feel empathy.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

“All the stories have been told, of kings and days of old, but there’s no England now. All the wars that were win or lost, somehow don’t seem to matter very much any more.”

Fascinating read this. Haven’t posted the text as it’s quite long. 

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/the-england-delusion-scotland-united-kingdom-history?fbclid=IwAR3qRD7MLszbNZjMQhbiEolofYzRPi7SZ91pTrFcWldgvDSNm5KnFcS7lGg

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Nonentity Steven Barclay promising a "smaller state" (i.e. even more cuts to public spending, to fund tax cuts for the rich).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60366086

This Neville won’t be charging £70 quid for canapes with the Labour leader near one of the most deprived areas of the city. Nails it. 

On 08/06/2021 at 17:47, Jairzinho said:

Constituency boundary shenanigans.

The poorest areas of the Exeter (Labour) constituency are going to be shoved in to East Devon (Tory) constituency. Exeter is Labour but not with an unsurmountable majority depending on how many people can be dumped into East Devon's constituency. Especially as a few new Tories are going to be put in the Exeter constituency with it being extended to the south outside of the city. East Devon was fairly close last time but due to an independent, Claire Wright, running. She isn't sure if she'll run again. If she doesn't it'll be a healthy Tory majority for the Tories as the rest of the votes are split amongst the rest (it's desperately unlikely Labour will challenge).

Presumably this shit will be happening all over the country.

https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/burnthouse-lane-countess-wear-move-5503124

Anyone know much about these bad wrong'uns?

https://boundarycommissionforengland.independent.gov.uk/about-us/the-commissioners/

Ours is getting gerrymandered to fuck. 

On 19/05/2021 at 13:51, Gnasher said:

"Her benefits were cut after she missed her jobsseekers appointment due to being in intensive care

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/death-freezing-skint-mum-four-20570472

She was my cousin’s on/off bird. Properly grim time for him and those kids. 

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

That Therese Coffey needs dropping into a volcano, horrible inhuman waste of space!

She's fucking vile.

It seems to be a prerequisite that the Secretary of State for works and pensions is a horrible cunt because Iain Duncan Himmler, McVey, Coffey etc all appear to be cut from the same cloth.

I used to hear some genuinely awful stories when I used to volunteer at a disability helpline, real despairing stuff, and that was under Labour. It's much worse now, and about to get worse still unfortunately, and not just for the disabled.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

She's fucking vile.

It seems to be a prerequisite that the Secretary of State for works and pensions is a horrible cunt because Iain Duncan Himmler, McVey, Coffey etc all appear to be cut from the same cloth.

I used to hear some genuinely awful stories when I used to volunteer at a disability helpline, real despairing stuff, and that was under Labour. It's much worse now, and about to get worse still unfortunately, and not just for the disabled.

My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Hypermobile Joint syndrome. She's not 40 yet and has to use a stick to walk around, she struggles to drive (even an automatic) and is in constant pain, she gets 2-3 hours sleep most nights.

She was advised to apply for PIP. Her application got rejected. It's not the rejection that gets me, it's that in the opinion of the lovely DWP, she wasn't worth a single point on the assessment, she scored zero.

Now I'm sorry, but that's fucked up, how fucking disabled do you have to be to qualify for PIP.

• Upvote 5

46 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia and Hypermobile Joint syndrome. She's not 40 yet and has to use a stick to walk around, she struggles to drive (even an automatic) and is in constant pain, she gets 2-3 hours sleep most nights.

She was advised to apply for PIP. Her application got rejected. It's not the rejection that gets me, it's that in the opinion of the lovely DWP, she wasn't worth a single point on the assessment, she scored zero.

Now I'm sorry, but that's fucked up, how fucking disabled do you have to be to qualify for PIP.

Have a look at Benefits and Work website mate if you haven’t already. You can get guides to help fill in the forms. Must be tough for your missus.

49 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

There are some borderline inhuman stories out there.

The fact that a big chunk of the population are well on board with threse shower of evil cunts,quite frankly speaks volumes.

Crazy that. My missus got PIP pretty handily and she's certainly not more disabled than yours.

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

That Therese Coffey needs dropping into a volcano, horrible inhuman waste of space!

Yep. One of the many vile examples of a human being that hold sway in this evil, self-serving cunt of a government. Another fucking horror who refuses to answer questions, plays the victim when called out yet swaggers around with an air of superiority because she's laughing all the way to the bank. This picture sums this party up as much as any

Therese+Coffey+cigar.png

People genuinely unable to put bread on the table and this cunt dismisses it like everybody should have the wide plank to financial security that she's been handed. I doubt we have a volcano that could swallow the fat cunt but I'd happily see them all combine as a team and douse the walrus in lava. Slowly. 

How long ago was that? I’ve got a similar tale to that from when I was temporarily disabled a few years ago but I spoke to someone from the Job Centre last week who thinks things have changed for the better recently and she advised me to claim again, even though I’m totally fine most of the time, relapsing remitting MS.

I’ve been mulling it over since I spoke to her, because I’m not sure I want to do that medical again now that my main (and pretty much only) symptom is chronic fatigue when I over exert myself. It was humiliating enough the first time when they were sneering and judging like a courtroom. I was virtually paralysed down one side and got 1 point. 

2 hours ago, Kepler-186 said:

Have a look at Benefits and Work website mate if you haven’t already. You can get guides to help fill in the forms. Must be tough for your missus.

She's got to request by tomorrow for a mandatory reconsideration, but whether or not she does she can still appeal it. I think the fuckers just turn it down out of routine now!