You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Country

Section_31

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

You're missing the point. They might be idiots and wrong but you then went on to say everyone who votes tory is.

I hope that Labour, right or left, has a different attitude to it all than you.

I don't. You might be a tory mate and thats fine but personally I'm sick to the back teeth of the daily Tory scandals getting brushed under the carpet whilst they force the media to lie and manipulate. You might be ok with that but I know what side of the fence I'm on and I'll happily lob cow shit over the fence 24/7. 

Just now, Brownie said:

Yeah, not everyone who votes Tory is thick and a cunt. The same for Leave. 

Obviously. Then ask why. "Why did you vote leave Jim from Barnsley?" "I'm sick of seeing these bloody kebab shops everywhere I can't wait till they all bloody bugger off home" "erm....." It's that sort that I'm aiming at.

Give me a Tory who can give me a factual and reasoned response why they voted Tory and I'll happily nod and say whilst I might disagree, I do understand and fully support their right to have their vote. Show me them pair of fucking biffs from Hartlepool chatting absolute spanner on the BBC and I'll fully form the opinion that they are thick and a cunt. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't. You might be a tory mate and thats fine but personally I'm sick to the back teeth of the daily Tory scandals getting brushed under the carpet whilst they force the media to lie and manipulate. You might be ok with that but I know what side of the fence I'm on and I'll happily lob cow shit over the fence 24/7. 

I'm not a tory, no more than I am Tesco or Asda man. 

Pedro is sat high up on a cliff above his fishing village with his young nephew -

You see all those boats bobbing about in the harbour? I built them, but do they call me Pedro the boat builder? No. See all those beautiful terracotta roofs down there? I built them, but do they call me Pedro the roofer? No. See those perfectly cobbled streets down there? I built them, but do they call me Pedro the road builder? No...... You shag one sheep......

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Pedro is sat high up on a cliff above his fishing village with his young nephew -

You see all those boats bobbing about in the harbour? I built them, but do they call me Pedro the boat builder? No. See all those beautiful terracotta roofs down there? I built them, but do they call me Pedro the roofer? No. See those perfectly cobbled streets down there? I built them, but do they call me Pedro the road builder? No...... You shag one sheep......

Pedro. 

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you ignoring me fact checking them after calling them idiots? How anyone in the right mind can vote for these corrupt bastards is beyond me. I happen to see through the media lies because I go and find things out like most on here, unfortunately as they both proved not everybody does think for themselves instead they follow a narrative.  If I'm wrong then fine but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. You don't have any idea what I do or how I support anything away from making 'sweeping comments' on a football forum populated by mainly Labour voters.

Oh and use some fucking apostrophes you mad bastard. 

Be nice of you took that same attitude with everyone else instead of trying to out-lefty and prove you are the most angriest.

Back to back news stories on the BBC News. The first reporting that Boris Johnson is being investigated over who paid for a £15k holiday he took to Muscat. The second sharing the story of how a young woman killed herself due to the financial pressures of having her benefits cut. 

Both the stories and the likely consequences of each seem to encapsulate the very definition of ‘Tory Country’. 

It makes me want to weep. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sat in an office now having my lunch, I have my earphones in so as not to be engaged in converstaion as I'm a bear with a sore head and slightly hungover...

Anyhows people I've mentioned previously, educated, etc.

Just had the following conversation.

'So Sidiq won'

'Yeah, I can't believe it. Do you know he's putting up the congestion charge? I will soon be living in it so will be screwed*. He's such a muppet. Do you know that they're*1 instead of building council houses they are buying you a house up north? It's like he doesn't want people to live in London.'

'There's 67 million people in London, he can't move them all'

'I don't think people would have voted for him if they would have known'

*This is totally untrue

*1 'They' remain unspecified.

Just now, Brownie said:

Sounds like someone has been fed bullshit and took it as fact. It's a fucking major problem; that's one of the things Labour needs to be making a lot of noise about. The fact that they aren't, makes you think.

Yeah, exactely what I was getting at.

These three have degrees and in some cases masters level qualifications, I know these aren't the only drivers of intelligence, but you'd expect basic sentience.

The Tories have done a remarkable job of dumbing down and muddying the waters of the publics ability to think crtically about things, started with Osbourne and got gradually more insidious as the years have passed.

42 minutes ago, A Red said:

Pedro was in Portugal at the time in fact he still is. He's a sheep farmer now.

He's sounds a bit Welsh to me. Anyway my original point stands, he's a too busy for me is Pedro so he's going to have to fuck off.

Stig, I understand your frustrations at seeing people like those guys in Hartlepool, I really do. I've been there myself, insulting people from Hartlepool over the last few weeks. So I've been just as guilty as you. But the last 48 hours Ive thought it over and realised that it's on us. it's on people like us. If they don't understand who is truly responsible for those custs its because the Labour Party, and just ordinary people like you and me, haven't made it clear to them.

We have to make the case to these people. We have to educate them about how the Tories have deliberately squeezed local councils and caused them to make some big decisions, how they've cut the police just so they can give the illusion of building them up, and how they've cut the local A&E's and are trying to privatise by the back door. We need to explain that the only reason Labour want to eradicate food banks is because they want people not to actually need them.

Starmer needs to ditch Mandelson - what worked in 1997 won't work now, the political landscape has changed. No more parachuting in people like Tristram Hunt if you have a good local candidate who knows the area and what's happening. 

It needs people willing to give time at a local level. For example, Walton CLP didn't just campaign in Walton, they sent teams to assist other areas. In addition, they won an award for designing a welcome pack for new members so they knew how the party worked. And they engaged at local level. They organised afternoons to help clean litter from the streets around County Rd. They were very vocal about local fights such as the closure of Barclays on County Rd (even though it was lost at least they were seen fighting for the local community). They were virtually ever present at the protest at the front Of Cammell Laird when it looked like the workers there were going to get fucked over. They coordinated with local community groups and made sure they had a presence at local fetes, etc.

If you can't get traction in the media, aim for local media. Try community engagement. Get labour involved in local community projects.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Stig, I understand your frustrations at seeing people like those guys in Hartlepool, I really do. I've been there myself, insulting people from Hartlepool over the last few weeks. So I've been just as guilty as you. But the last 48 hours Ive thought it over and realised that it's on us. it's on people like us. If they don't understand who is truly responsible for those custs its because the Labour Party, and just ordinary people like you and me, haven't made it clear to them.

We have to make the case to these people. We have to educate them about how the Tories have deliberately squeezed local councils and caused them to make some big decisions, how they've cut the police just so they can give the illusion of building them up, and how they've cut the local A&E's and are trying to privatise by the back door. We need to explain that the only reason Labour ant to eradicate food banks is because we want people not to actually need them.

Starmer needs to ditch Mandelson - what worked in 1997 won't work now, the political landscape has changed. No more parachuting in people like Tristram Hunt if you have a good local candidate who knows the area and what's happening. 

It needs people willing to give time at a local level. For example, Walton CLP didn't just campaign in Walton, they sent teams to assist other areas. In addition, they won an award for designing a welcome pack for new members so they knew how the party worked. And they engaged at local level. They organised afternoons to help clean litter from the streets around County Rd. They were very vocal about local fights such as the closure of Barclays on County Rd (even though it was lost at least they were seen fighting for the local community). They were virtually ever present at the protest at the front Of Cammell Laird when it looked like the workers there were going to get fucked over. They coordinated with local community groups and made sure they had a presence at local fetes, etc.

If you can't get traction in the media, aim for local media. Try community engagement. Get labour involved in local community projects.

I agree with all of this mate. They are still thick cunts. 

12 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The Tories have done a remarkable job of dumbing down and muddying the waters of the publics ability to think crtically about things, started with Osbourne and got gradually more insidious as the years have passed.

It started a long time before that, our education system has forever been focused on rote learning, regurgitation of facts parrot-style, and almost no kind of critical thinking.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, A Red said:

I got a similar story. A mate of mine Dai, on the mountain with his nephew and nephew asks him "why do they call you Dai the sheepshagger unc?'  and Dai replies 'well see them sheep over there, I shagged em all' said Dai, and the nephew says 'aw don't that make you feel sad unc' and Dai replies "not really I'd rather take the name than build all them fucking boats and fix all them roofs"

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It started a long time before that, our education system has forever been focused on rote learning, regurgitation of facts parrot-style, and almost no kind of critical thinking.

Oh, I agree, I mean more the intense misdirection employed by politicians, not just the old slight of hand stuff.

Osbourne made a direct point of saturating the media sphere with lots of stories on the same theme, so the public get confused as they try to piece together the narrative, before giving up as the next news cycle has kicked in. Can't remember which stratagist he based this on, but it's just snowballed in the UK from there and ends up where we have the public unconcerned with the Prime Ministers illegal actions and moral failing, but willing to stick the boot in on minorities.

It's cynical, it's disingenuous and I feel borderline evil as you are deliberately making it difficult for the electorate to make a truly informed decision and they know this and utilise this.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Oh, I agree, I mean more the intense misdirection employed by politicians, not just the old slight of hand stuff.

Osbourne made a direct point of saturating the media sphere with lots of stories on the same theme, so the public get confused as they try to piece together the narrative, before giving up as the next news cycle has kicked in. Can't remember which stratagist he based this on, but it's just snowballed in the UK from there and ends up where we have the public unconcerned with the Prime Ministers illegal actions and moral failing, but willing to stick the boot in on minorities.

It's cynical, it's disingenuous and I feel borderline evil as you are deliberately making it difficult for the electorate to make a truly informed decision and they know this and utilise this.

Nadine Dorries was on this morning (pissed up by the looks of it) and told about 5 lies. Direct into the ears of a viewing public on morning television. 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I got a similar story. A mate of mine Dai, on the mountain with his nephew and nephew asks him "why do they call you Dai the sheepshagger unc?'  and Dai replies 'well see them sheep over there, I shagged em all' said Dai, and the nephew says 'aw don't that make you feel sad unc' and Dai replies "not really I'd rather take the name than build all them fucking boats and fix all them roofs"

For the love of god is there no one that will stand up for the sheep.